Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Flatiron Building

Default Re: Flatiron Building

Yes, it's just the old Leo's building and I'm sure this will just be made into a parking lot for now.

There is only the demo permit, nothing is proposed to be constructed there for the time being.

Yeah, that is one confusing headline, especially if you aren't familiar with the district and the buildings in question.

Interesting turn of events... The owners of this property have decided to have a 3rd level, with a walk-out deck:

Blog Entries

YES!

The view of downtown from that perspective is my favorite and I long had a secret wish this place would be a restaurant with a rooftop. Not getting my entire wish, but glad someone else had this vision.

Here is an approximation of the view from that 3rd level... Should be pretty spectacular:

Blog Entries

Yes, this is my personal favorite framing of our skyline. You see it at the light at Harrison and Walnut.

7. Default Re: Flatiron Building

^^^^^^^^

Completely agree. Best view of the skyline.

It's really the only angle where all the buildings line up pretty well and Devon Tower doesn't completely overwhelm everything else.

I prefer the view from the northwest where the buildings really line up and you also get a clear shot of Leadership Square, which is completely missed from this perspective. However, from the NW Devon still seems out of scale. I'm hoping a Mystery Tower (or two or three or four!) will even that out and then I can love the NW view unabashedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's really the only angle where all the buildings line up pretty well and Devon Tower doesn't completely overwhelm everything else.

I prefer the view from the northwest where the buildings really line up and you also get a clear shot of Leadership Square, which is completely missed from this perspective. However, from the NW Devon still seems out of scale. I'm hoping a Mystery Tower (or two or three or four!) will even that out and then I can love the NW view unabashedly.
    I caught basically that view running last night, crossing e bridge from HSC on 10th. It's a great sight.

Not sure what I think of the height of the proposed railing (fence?) around the upper level deck. It seems a bit over-sized compared to the building as a whole and doesn't really match the look.

Oh, and the reason I was thinking about this, new article from Steve: Will New Flatiron Renderings Get Green Light From Urban Renewal? | News OK.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Not sure what I think of the height of the proposed railing (fence?) around the upper level deck. It seems a bit over-sized compared to the building as a whole and doesn't really match the look.
    I agree. It almost has a Devon boathouse look to it with all the supports really close together.

^

Some clarification on the approval process for these proposed changes...

The previous design had already been approved by OCURA and the Downtown Design Review Committee.

This proposed revision was just submitted to OCURA, who passed it on to the DDRC with the recommendation it be expedited and approved.

So, rather than going before the full DDRC board and having to wait for their next meeting on July 17th, it is instead being reviewed as an "Administrative" item, meaning the committee can approve almost immediately.

Almost all the items submitted for Admin review are approved. Might not be the case here but I also wouldn't be surprised if it quickly and unceremoniously gets the green light.

Just a note. Administrative approval I believe is the city staff approving not the full committee. Although the full committee is who gave the staff the ability to approve some things administratively

Some new renderings of this project:

Okay, that I like. Still looks a little odd, but in more of a "hmn, that's interesting" as opposed to a "hmn, that's... interesting" sort of way.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Okay, that I like. Still looks a little odd, but in more of a "hmn, that's interesting" as opposed to a "hmn, that's... interesting" sort of way.
    This post is terrific, haha. And describes my feelings exactly.

There is now fencing around the building and a sign out front. So I assume this will be started very soon.

Building permit filed for this project today.

PLICO has stated they have to be out of The Reserve by July 2015, so this should move pretty quickly.

News article: OKCTalk - Flatiron Building in Deep Deuce to start redevelopment

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flatiron.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	662.0 KB 
ID:	9248

The flatiron project seems to be moving right along. If you look close you can see the roof has been removed.

^

Interesting!

Thanks so much for the photo.

Awesome! I wonder what is going to become of the triangle lot to the west.

23. Default Re: Flatiron Building

Default Re: Flat Iron Update

11/24/2014

Sweet

Thread Information