Widgets Magazine
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43888990919293
Results 2,301 to 2,314 of 2314

Thread: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

1. Default I-235 & i-44

Anyone know why they are moving dirt in the area NE of this interchange. It got my attention because they are once again mowing down huge, old-growth trees there! Hate that.

Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

^

That property is zoned commercial but I can't find any permits or planning docs.

There is still one more project scheduled for that corner that involves an overpass structure for Lincoln Blvd to I-44 westbound. It may be prep work for that.

Default Re: I-235 & i-44

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Anyone know why they are moving dirt in the area NE of this interchange. It got my attention because they are once again mowing down huge, old-growth trees there! Hate that.
    I was assuming that new stuff was for the Canyon Park trail.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    There is still one more project scheduled for that corner that involves an overpass structure for Lincoln Blvd to I-44 westbound. It may be prep work for that.
    I’m pretty sure it’s this because I noticed a sign on Lincoln north of 50th that the WB I-44 entrance is going to be closed as of Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalell1960 View Post
    I was assuming that new stuff was for the Canyon Park trail.
    There is another phase of this interchange revamp scheduled for construction which I believe has already been put to bid. Boulder Sooner seems to keep up with this maybe he can chime in as well. That would be on the NE side of this interchange. It includes a direct connection from N Lincoln BLVD to N Broadway Ext. without having to get onto I-44.

There is also the walking/biking trail but that is directly to the south. There is also a master planned commercial project a bit more to the east.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s this because I noticed a sign on Lincoln north of 50th that the WB I-44 entrance is going to be closed as of Sunday.
    Drove by today. This is related to the interchange. I guess it was already awarded a few months back.

Several of the light towers in the area still do not work-even though OG&E and Action Center were contacted 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    There is another phase of this interchange revamp scheduled for construction which I believe has already been put to bid. Boulder Sooner seems to keep up with this maybe he can chime in as well. That would be on the NE side of this interchange. It includes a direct connection from N Lincoln BLVD to N Broadway Ext. without having to get onto I-44.

There is also the walking/biking trail but that is directly to the south. There is also a master planned commercial project a bit more to the east.
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...05#post1220805

pete has an image here

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    I wonder if at some point in the future if demand warrants they could build the Santa Fe bridge without have to do any major redesigns of the freeway to accommodate it.

I drove back from Tulsa today and noticed how rough I-44 is to the east and west of the interchange, mostly due to the years of wear and tear, I am guessing. Is there any plan to resurface I-44 once the other projects are completed?

Not a great photo but provides some visual; you can also see the bike trail going in:

Thread Information