Links

https://www.facebook.com/TheEdgeAtMidtown
    https://twitter.com/EdgeAtMidtown
    http://www.edgemidtown.com/
    County Assessor Record 1
    County Assessor Record 2
    County Assessor Record 3
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge8.jpg 
Views:	915 
Size:	207.2 KB 
ID:	2936   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge7.jpg 
Views:	789 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	2937   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge6.jpg 
Views:	827 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	2938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge5.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	2939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge4.jpg 
Views:	1019 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	2940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge3.jpg 
Views:	753 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	2941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge2.jpg 
Views:	3194 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	2942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge1.jpg 
Views:	855 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	2943  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgesign1.jpg 
Views:	643 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	2944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgene.jpg 
Views:	2231 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	5612   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge11314h.jpg 
Views:	1931 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	6022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge11314g.jpg 
Views:	1924 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	6023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge11314f.jpg 
Views:	1919 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	6024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge11314i.jpg 
Views:	1902 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	6030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge11314d.jpg 
Views:	1936 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	6026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge11314c.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	6027  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge11314b.jpg 
Views:	1955 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	6028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge11314a.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	6029  
    Last edited by Pete; 03-19-2012 at 01:45 PM.

2. Default Re: Is Overholser Green Officially Dead?

I want to know as well. That whole site is ripe as ever for new development. But I think I'd rather have something other than the Overholser Green project itself. Hopefully that has croaked and a new developer may come in the near future and propose something more grand. Anyways, yeah, deep interest for that site.

Default Re: Is Overholser Green Officially Dead?

With financing the way it is, condos are dead for the foreseeable future.

I would say it's "unofficially dead."

it should be a dead project and the property should be let out for new proposals...

Quote Originally Posted by khook View Post
    it should be a dead project and the property should be let out for new proposals...
    Agreed, Overholser is a treasure, perhaps we should bring in Robert Ballard to discover it again.

7. Default Re: Is Overholser Green Officially Dead?

That is such a prime spot with all the restaurants and bars right there. Hopefully soon there will be a new RFP.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Urban Renewal is scheduled to discuss Overholser Green's development agreement on the 15th. The developer has asked for an extension to the agreement. I would sure like to see something done on this site. I would rather see more restaurants, bars and/or retail than over priced condos.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Urban Renewal is scheduled to discuss Overholser Green's development agreement on the 15th. The developer has asked for an extension to the agreement. I would sure like to see something done on this site. I would rather see more restaurants, bars and/or retail than over priced condos.
    There is another thread on this, but other parties are interested in the site, such as Tanenbaum.

Was up on 13th yesterday. Looked like some sort of utility work was being done in that empty lot. Whether it was just normal maintenence or the developers doing something is anyone's guess.

11. Default Re: Is Overholser Green Officially Dead?

"Is Overholser Green officially dead?"
    Nope.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    "Is Overholser Green officially dead?"
    Nope.
    Steve, this sounds positive. Anything due to happen anytime soon? High quality infill there would be great. I think midtown is the place that us non 20 somethings might like to live in for an uptown feel.

I just noticed a report that 2 developers are now competing for the site. Who are they? Do they already have projects they are proposing?

13. Default Re: Is Overholser Green Officially Dead?

I want to put a knife through it's pathetic little heart. >:]

14. Default Re: Is Overholser Green Officially Dead?

Not positive. Not negative. You've got Chuck Wiggiin, who has no financing, who has lost needed public financing, but wants a one-year extension to try to resurrect the project as mixed use apartments and retail. And then there's Richard Tanenbaum, who has a completely different idea of what should happen. I'll have the story in the morning.

Two developers vie for site in OKC’s Midtown
    By Brianna Bailey
    Journal Record

OKLAHOMA CITY – Two developers are battling for the rights to build on the old Mercy Hospital site at NW 13th Street and Walker Avenue in Midtown after plans for a $36 million luxury condominium complex there fell through when the housing bubble burst.

The Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority selected developer Chuck Wiggin in 2008 to develop a high-end condominium project called Overholser Green on the Mercy site. The subprime mortgage crisis began soon after the deal was signed and financing for the project never materialized.

The Oklahoma City Council on Tuesday rescinded an earlier vote awarding $1.75 million in tax increment financing funding for the Overholser Green project because the initial timeline for the project had elapsed.

Now developer Dick Tanenbaum has designs on the old hospital site and says he can build there without using any tax dollars.
    Tanenbaum’s firm Gardner Tanenbaum Group wants to build a 270-unit apartment complex with on-site parking and already has $20 million in financing in place from Comerica Bank for the project, he told the Urban Renewal during a tense regular meeting of the authority on Wednesday.

“We have indentified the fact that there is a tremendous demand for this type of housing in the Midtown area,” Tanenbaum told members of the Urban Renewal Authority. “We have funding; we have the plans; we have the leasing people and we’re ready to go.”

Wiggin asked Urban Renewal to give him an extension on a contract to develop the Overholser Green project, citing economic circumstances beyond his control for the delay. His firm Wiggins Properties has already invested roughly $200,000 in revising the project after the housing market took a turn, he said in a letter to Urban Renewal.

“I challenge anybody to find a project like this that has been built during the same time,” Wiggin said.

Urban Renewal Commissioner Fred Hall advocated giving Wiggin until March to make significant progress on the Overholser Green project before issuing a new request for proposal for the site.

The board eventually decided to hold off voting on issuing a new request for proposal for the Mercy site until its next monthly meeting, because two of its members, Russell Perry and Mary Mélon, were absent.

Wiggin’s original concept for Overholser Green included high-end housing for the well-to-do empty-nest set, with 109 units of luxury condominiums starting at about $350,000 per unit.

Now Wiggin wants to recast the project, with smaller, less expensive rental units. The project also would include some retail space, to take advantage of federal new markets tax credits. Wiggin also would reapply for TIF funding, he said.

Tanenbaum told Urban Renewal on Wednesday he did not need any public financing for his proposed Mercy apartment development and could have the project built and ready to lease in a year’s time.

Wiggin said that timeline was unrealistic and that any project on the Mercy site would take longer to build.

“I don’t think that this is the site for fast-track, work force housing,” Wiggin said. “I think this will take longer than anyone would like it to take.”

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Tanenbaum told Urban Renewal on Wednesday he did not need any public financing for his proposed Mercy apartment development and could have the project built and ready to lease in a year’s time.

Wiggin said that timeline was unrealistic and that any project on the Mercy site would take longer to build.

“I don’t think that this is the site for fast-track, work force housing,” Wiggin said. “I think this will take longer than anyone would like it to take.”
    Wiggins is so right about Tanenbaum. Tanenbaum submitted a proposal to the 10th Street medical district for land at the old Red Cross site and told the 10Th street medical district he didn't need any financial assistance and after he was awarded the site he started making demands. He withdrew from the project saying he knew where cheaper land was Midtown. Seems like he is all about the cheap. Please Urban Renewal don't mess up Midtown.

17. Default Re: Is Overholser Green Officially Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by city View Post
    Wiggins is so right about Tanenbaum. Tanenbaum submitted a proposal to the 10th Street medical district for land at the old Red Cross site and told the 10Th street medical district he didn't need any financial assistance and after he was awarded the site he started making demands. He withdrew from the project saying he knew where cheaper land was Midtown. Seems like he is all about the cheap. Please Urban Renewal don't mess up Midtown.
    Tanenbaum denies all this. It's easy to make such allegations behind a fake name with no evidence. I would appreciate if what you're saying is true. to somehow contact me and provide with me the proof or source of such info.

Tanenbaum wants to build trash in Midtown. 275 units in one year. Give me a break. That means he takes his ugly Lincoln and downgrades it more. 275 is way too many! Every development in Midtown should be less than 100 to fit in with the developing culture and environment.

Urban Renewal Commissioner Fred Hall advocated giving Wiggin until March to make significant progress on the Overholser Green project before issuing a new request for proposal for the site.
    He's already had two years!! How many deadlines have already come and gone?

AND, since he plans to make substantial changes to his original proposal, the RFP should be reissued and his new plan should be judged against any others that wish to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    He's already had two years!! How many deadlines have already come and gone?

AND, since he plans to make substantial changes to his original proposal, the RFP should be reissued and his new plan should be judged against any others that wish to apply.
    I don't know why this is not common sense to most people.

21. Default Re: Is Overholser Green Officially Dead?

I wonder if there is a third way...

Right now I would be happy with quick and dirty in-fill projects (not saying that is what Tanenbaum is proposing). Urban development has to go is phase. Step one is using up all available surface space. Once horizontal saturation is reached, then things can go vertical. There are too many vacant lots in the downtown OKC area.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I wonder if there is a third way...
    Enter Marva Ellard...?

25. Default Re: Is Overholser Green Officially Dead?

This is interesting stuff. Has Tannenbaum presented any images/site plans that show what he has in mind?

Thread Information