Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Edge @ Midtown

Default Re: The Edge @ Midtown (Mercy Hospital Site)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    we are not close to the point that existing (profitible) apts are going to be torndown to build anything else ..

which is why midtown has much more potential than DD
    Just wait until mass transit meets limited open space. In 5 years they will be 16 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Just wait until mass transit meets limited open space. In 5 years they will be 16 years old.
    the modern street car won't be going into DD in the next 5 years

More equipment on site today.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the modern street car won't be going into DD in the next 5 years
    I think there are possibilities being looked at that may change that prognosis, but generally you're right. It's just a matter of having to commit to a route that has some kind of linear definition.

Quote Originally Posted by wschnitt View Post
    More equipment on site today.
    Walker is being worked on, public works is using site for equipment storage. Has nothing to do with the site development.

Quote Originally Posted by city View Post
    Walker is being worked on, public works is using site for equipment storage. Has nothing to do with the site development.
    It's not a street resurfacing is it? I thought it got totally redone just about 3 or 4 years ago.

I was going to take pictures today like the ones I posted on 1212, but it was just an empty field with one or two work trucks, nothing new really.

8. Default Re: The Edge @ Midtown (Mercy Hospital Site)

Project still has to go through downtown design review, get construction permit.

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    It's not a street resurfacing is it? I thought it got totally redone just about 3 or 4 years ago.
    They are/were putting the water service, fire sprinkler standpipe, and fire hydrant in for the Walker housing down the street.

The lot was just being used for staging. Any resurfacing is just to patch the water main excavation.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    They are/were putting the water service, fire sprinkler standpipe, and fire hydrant in for the Walker housing down the street.

The lot was just being used for staging. Any resurfacing is just to patch the water main excavation.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Project still has to go through downtown design review, get construction permit.
    They filed for a building permit on 12/14/11, so they are moving along.

12. Default Re: The Edge @ Midtown (Mercy Hospital Site)

No doubt, they want to get things started. But again, they don't have what they need to start construction yet. They'll need a CA from downtown design before they can get the building permit.

I would think that especially considering OCURA's involvement in the project and the high-profile nature of this project, that some kind of rendering sign would be nice.

I recieved a flyer yesterday from Mesta Park HOA alerting us to this project and it's implications and encourageing residents of Mesta Park to attend the downtown design reveiw meeting to "Voice our concerns". It also included a list of "our concerns", some of them seemed legitimate, others downright petty, but it seems like this project will meet some resistance in the near future. Hard to say how much resistance, but at least some.

Can you list the concerns? Would be interesting to see.

However, this project is on the other side of a 4-lane 13th Street with a commercial buffer on the north side of 13th.

What are some of the listed concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisJ View Post
    I recieved a flyer yesterday from Mesta Park HOA alerting us to this project and it's implications and encourageing residents of Mesta Park to attend the downtown design reveiw meeting to "Voice our concerns". It also included a list of "our concerns", some of them seemed legitimate, others downright petty, but it seems like this project will meet some resistance in the near future. Hard to say how much resistance, but at least some.
    Can you scan and post the flyer?

I'm at work now, flyer is at home, I can bring it up to work tomorrow and scan it. Off the top of my head there were concerns on how this could affect traffic in the neighborhood, use of local parks, they seemed to be concerned about the overall scale of the project.
    Maybe I was reading too much into it, but it seemed like a thinly veiled "RENTERS who live in this complex are going to using OUR streets and OUR park, keep the riff raff out of here" which seems ironic considering the amount of (harmless) homeless people nearby.

I might need to change my profile name to better conceal my identity, else the off-duty cop on patrol in Mesta/Heritage might get orders to post up outside my front door to "send a message".

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Can you list the concerns? Would be interesting to see.

However, this project is on the other side of a 4-lane 13th Street with a commercial buffer on the north side of 13th.
    this ...

any "protest" of this project is crazy .. HH and mesta have built in huge seperation from this site already ..

It has been public knowledge for almost a year that an apartment complex was going to go on that site. They should have been more vocal regarding the developer selection if they had such a problem. Besides, I'm positive I remember one of Steve's articles saying that representatives from Heritage Hills and Mesta Park favored the Edge over any of the other possibilities. Now, they want to raise a fuss because they realize it's going to add too many people to an INNER CITY neighborhood? lol

I would like to to think that this is a fairly small contingent of homeowners who distributed the flyer.

What a snooty old bunch of farts. If I were you, I would tell them you welcome a large overgrown lot of weeds being transformed into a vibrant urban neighborhood. If they're concerned about the density, there are plenty of sprawling housing developments in this metro area to which they can move. Perhaps Edmond is more to their liking.

What these bozos don't understand is that adding people to the area is going to improve their property values to a signficant degree.

Home values in Mesta/HH have increased faster than just about anywhere else in the Metro over the last 10 years, all due to the new development in the area.

This project will only help continue that trend.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    If I were you, I would tell them you welcome a large overgrown lot of weeds being transformed into a vibrant urban neighborhood...
    ...What these bozos don't understand is that adding people to the area is going to improve their property values to a signficant degree.
    I'm a renter, they don't care what I think. And if this project is done well, which it seems to be on track for, then I agree that property values will benefit, if it turns out like the Legacy however...?

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    I would like to to think that this is a fairly small contingent of homeowners who distributed the flyer.
    I would like to think you are right. The flyer was unclear as to if the author was against the project as a whole, or possibly just wanting to make sure that plans were in place to accomidate the increased density in the area.

HH & Mesta HOA's are strongly considering hiring legal representation to fight this project. A couple legitimate concerns, but mostly NIMBYism.

This is really lame. People that live there that support this project need to speak up.

Thread Information