Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: City Place

Default Re: City Place

There are six living units in City Place and two have sold.

I'm sure they were hoping for a Thunder player or a downtown corporation to step up.

The thing that is particularly cool about the penthouse -- and very unique -- is that it has direct access to multiple private balconies.

Quote Originally Posted by wschnitt View Post
    So it is still for sale years later??
    2 of the 6 have been sold. Of course, it didn't help that national recession hit at the same time. If the Thunder players were more on the 'showboat' side you might get some of them dropping that much cash but the Thunder players don't strike as those types of people (yes some live in big homes but I don't think they own them). As more companies move downtown the potential buyer list goes up. If I had a checkbook that allowed the purchase of a $3.5 million home it would be my first choice.

So it is still for sale years later??
    if by all you mean 2 then yes

The video said 2 of six are sold. I was curious if the 3.5 million dollar unit was still for sale. It seems like it is.

Yes, the penthouse is still for sale... Listed on the multi-list at $3.7 million. I think the other four are at least $2 million each.

Interestingly, Beffort and Oliver bought the whole building for $4 million. Yes, I know they have sunk millions more into it but it's still a fun fact!

... It seems like it is.
    Indeed it is ... darned old p-ball random number generator anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Indeed it is ... darned old p-ball random number generator anyhow.
    You probably aren't buying enough tickets.

8. Default Re: City Place

It looks that way. Not sure when it initially "hit the market," but the system shows it's been active for 281 days.

9. Default Re: City Place

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    (yes some live in big homes but I don't think they own them)
    You're correct. The majority of the players I have knowledge on are renting. Maybe in a few years we get some more of the showboat players? I like the somewhat humble players we have now though.

I know Kendrick Perkins bought a house recently that was listed in home sales in the paper a few weeks back. Its was in the $600k range. Durant also bought a Gaillardia house last year or so but it was less than $1.5mil. Basically my point is that I doubt youll see a thunder player pay over $2mil, much less $3.5mil for this type of property. Thunder players arent in OKC the whole year. Many do what Durant has done, buy a reasonable home here and then have a condo in Miami or something.

Oooohhhh.... the balcony. I used to go up to that top floor occasionally when it was a company dining room area. I had no problems with the height standing by the big windows, but through the kitchen was THE DOOR. And even though I knew that door would be locked, I could not bring myself to go near it. Start gettin shakey just being within 10 feet of it. No way would I go out on that balcony. That's for crazy people!

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    You probably aren't buying enough tickets.
    Oh, I don't buy in the plural, that would be gambling <smirk>.

But once every 4-6 weeks when I'm in a c-store getting a soda, I'll go ahead and lay down a tiny donation for the lotto agency and education, I have a heart for the kids of course.

Now, should some great number generator in the sky ever decide to bless such a statistically insignificant gift umpteen gazillion times over ... well, who am I to question a random act of kindness. And well, those views are pretty sweet, even to someone like me whose head still yearns a bit for the rural life.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    And well, those views are pretty sweet, even to someone like me whose head still yearns a bit for the rural life.
    It might not be rural OKC, but you can see it from up there.

Two new building permits to renovate floors 12 & 13; each for $483,000.

I suspect this is a new tenant moving in but don't know who it would be. Maybe more space for SandRidge?

15. Default Re: City Place

think so

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    think so
    Think so - new tenant or Sandridge or both?

Yes...LOL

I think Steve meant SandRidge.

20. Default Re: City Place

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Two new building permits to renovate floors 12 & 13; each for $483,000.

I suspect this is a new tenant moving in but don't know who it would be. Maybe more space for SandRidge?
    Flogistix is on the 22nd floor and have out grown it. They said that they are looking at buying another floor there. The bought a floor last year but built it out for their corporate headquarters instead of living space. Another company, CTAP Colorado Aztec Tubular Piping has a temporary office at Flogistix and was lookibng at afloor in that building as well.

21. Default Re: City Place

I wish First National got the kind of care and attention City Place has gotten over the years.

Looking at Land Sales in the DOK, I noticed the Tannenbaums bought one of the apartments, but based on price, it was not the penthouse. I wonder how many are sold. I'd heard they've all sold, but haven't really been paying attention.

Originally Posted by mburlison
    I work for Globe (now in Mckinney), that 32nd floor we used for Corporate lounge, meetings etc... nice space !

Really? I thought the parent company was based in McKinney. The Globe Life website still lists OKC as the home office. Sorry to get off topic................

OKC is still officially the HQ - but some departments have moved to McKinney (where the parent company, Torchmark,is located). Globe still leases 3 floors at City Place - so I'm surprised not listed as tenant. I worked in this building for about 5 or 6 years - I hope they're able to preserve all the woodwork on the 14th floor - I think some of that was original. Globe Life also has a large facility at 122nd & Santa Fe.

24. Default Re: City Place

The City Place condos are now all sold except one; the large unit that spans the top two floors.

Mark Beffort and Dick Tanenbaum have recently bought in, joining other notables such as Meg Salyer and Cliff Hudson.

Thread Information