Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedlam 2010

1. Default Bedlam 2010

So, judging from the OU/Baylor game, do we think OU is more likely to defeat OSU? Have we improved, declined, or maintained the same the last couple of weeks?

OU has great defense. I hope we will be able to stop them. OSU has better offense and they constantly throw far down the field, so OU will have to be a bit more spread out rather than focusing at the line.

Stevens improved greatly with his kicks at the Baylor game. I hope the coaches will use every field goal opportunity, despite how far from the field goal. What is interesting... When punting a ball, it can go more than 100 yards, but when kicking for field goal, they seem to say about 40 yards is the max limit. I think this is stupid. If they can punt so far, then they can obviously kick that far as well. Many 3 pointers will add up quickly.

BOOMER SOONER!

Default Re: Bedlam 2010

For once...this year the OU-OSU game is a real crap shoot. Gundy's biggest test ever...

Punting and place kicking are two different things entirely...only the foot hitting the ball are similar...

Hate to say this but I would be fine with OSU finally winning the south....would be a huge win for their program...winner gets to take on Neb in a somewhat meaningless championship game since the winner gets the crappiest BCS bowl against the Big East winner WV or Pitt

Talk about excitement

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    So, judging from the OU/Baylor game, do we think OU is more likely to defeat OSU? Have we improved, declined, or maintained the same the last couple of weeks?
    I think OU has improved quite a bit from the first of the season. We're not as 'hit and miss' now. But that doesn't mean doodly-squat against OSU. OSU is NOT scared of OU. Never were...never will be. I agree with JMR. This game is a crap shoot. It could go either way...could be close, could be an OU blowout, could be an OSU blowout. The only thing I'm certain about with this game is that I'll be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    I think OU has improved quite a bit from the first of the season. We're not as 'hit and miss' now. But that doesn't mean doodly-squat against OSU. OSU is NOT scared of OU. Never were...never will be. I agree with JMR. This game is a crap shoot. It could go either way...could be close, could be an OU blowout, could be an OSU blowout. The only thing I'm certain about with this game is that I'll be watching.
    For those who understand football...really, really well...this is the kind of game where the team that "wants it the most" will win...OU--going on a tradition that is the equal of any in the sport--OSU trying to get in that door...Gundy understands this very well...and he knows it rests on his shoulders...this game is a good coach's DREAM...the game is all about HIM, that makes it very, very interesting.

As an OU fan I want OU to win of course but as a realist I think this is OSU's year and this might be The only year that OSU will catch OU and UT in a down year so they need to take advantage!I say OSU-41 OU-35!

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    As an OU fan I want OU to win of course but as a realist I think this is OSU's year and this might be The only year that OSU will catch OU and UT in a down year so they need to take advantage!I say OSU-41 OU-35!
    Having been raised in Norman and practically grew up at Owen Field...I am am a die-hard OU fan, and would be in this contest if the whole ball of wax swung in the balance--but--I have ALWAYS liked Gundy and have not seen him rise to greatness yet--but--there is a part of me that would like to see him--having taken this program from old Lewis Field into the new stadium and respectability, on a consistent basis, to take this team to defeat Nebraska in the Big 12 title game--and --maybe--a national title game...stranger things have happened....if they win against OU and then Nebraska...that would place them VERY high in the BCS.... And--they could do it on the home field. Good thing they are not playing in Norman!

Looks like Gameday will be there

Stillwater will be a madhouse on Saturday...money money money money

Although I really wanna end up being dead bang wrong, sitting here today my sense is this year belongs to the Pokes ... OSU by 16

May the best team win...the one that wants it the most will win...an old tradition with pride--or--a new one rising on the Southern Plains...time will tell...

I have a friend who is attending OSU. At every game he attended last year, he tried to get a chant going of "we need a new coach". I tried to tell him that he was crazy and to give Gundy a chance. But, noooooo...he wouldn't listen to me. So, when he called on Saturday and was over-joyed about the Pokes, I reminded him of how hard he was working last year to turn folks against Gundy. He said, "I know...I was wrong. But, hey, did you know he used to play for OSU?" LOL LOL LOL Yeah...no kidding. (yes, my friend is an idiot.)

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    I have a friend who is attending OSU. At every game he attended last year, he tried to get a chant going of "we need a new coach". I tried to tell him that he was crazy and to give Gundy a chance. But, noooooo...he wouldn't listen to me. So, when he called on Saturday and was over-joyed about the Pokes, I reminded him of how hard he was working last year to turn folks against Gundy. He said, "I know...I was wrong. But, hey, did you know he used to play for OSU?" LOL LOL LOL Yeah...no kidding. (yes, my friend is an idiot.)

That is the case for almost all OSUcks fans

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    That is the case for almost all OSUcks fans
    My Pokes by 10. I like the sound of 38-28. Funny! My email is ou_sucks...

This one's a tossup IMO. I don't know who wins, but I think the game will be won in the final minute or go into OT. It will go down as one of the most dramatic bedlam games in history.

This is by far The biggest game EVER in OSU history!but by OU's standards it's just another year!big game all around just nothing new for OU!This has to be The most lopsided Rivalry series in all of America!OSU is Ou's second or third biggest rival and that's just how it is!This is OSU's National Championship game!

Finally--my personal prediction...OU will win, because of Mr. Landry Jones and Mr. Broyles.

53-30 OSU.. Hurts to say but OU will fall apart second half. As usual.

My prediction is that OSU will take a big lead into halftime and OU will storm back only to play a crappy 4th quarter and lose 41-35!

My prediction is that at the end of the game, the OSU crowd will be chanting their normal OU Game Day Chant !!! "wait till next year, wait till next year". OSU has, is, and always will be second fiddle in this Great State.

OU 36 OSU 21

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    My prediction is that at the end of the game, the OSU crowd will be chanting their normal OU Game Day Chant !!! "wait till next year, wait till next year". OSU has, is, and always will be second fiddle in this Great State.

OU 36 OSU 21
    My fear, first off, is that a few of starters for the defensive line are seniors so we have to replace them with quality talent. Fortunately, there's many positions on defense that have seen a lot of underclassmen receive plenty of playing and game time experience. Second, if Blackmon and Weeden send off to the NFL draft, then I just don't see our offense being as explosive as this year. Brandon's age and maturity has solidified the 5th youngest team in college ranks. So honestly, I wouldn't worry about that chant.

Pokes 48
    Schooners 38

A close 41-38 near the end until OSU scores a TD to go up by 10 to seal the victory.

Better hope Blackmon is at 100% or the Poke offense might be putting up field goals instead of TD's

Well, you better hope Box is at 100% or the Schooner defense is gonna get slaughtered by our run game all night cause you know Tom Wort doesn't always make the best decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Well, you better hope Box is at 100% or the Schooner defense is gonna get slaughtered by our run game all night cause you know Tom Wort doesn't always make the best decisions...
    I will be fine with both of them not playing...lol

Thread Information