• Flint Restaurant opened May 17, 2012
    • Adjoining patio to opened October 2012
    • Expansion / meeting space open summer 2012

Links

County Assessor Record
    Colcord Hotel website
    Facebook

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord15.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	434.8 KB 
ID:	4043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord14.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	296.0 KB 
ID:	4042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord16.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	381.5 KB 
ID:	4044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord17.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	4045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord2.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	1607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord4.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	1609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord9.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	1612   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord3.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	1608  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord5.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	261.9 KB 
ID:	1605   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord6.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	230.5 KB 
ID:	1606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord13.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	1616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord12.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	1615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord7.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	1610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord8.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	1611   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord10.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	1613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colcord11.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	1614  

2. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here's a photo from Urban Pioneer showing the south side of the Colcord:

Did they narrow Sheridan? I don't remember the sidewalk being nearly that wide on the south side of the Colcord...
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Did they narrow Sheridan? I don't remember the sidewalk being nearly that wide on the south side of the Colcord...
    Yes, they did. Added about 6-8 feet of sidewalk space there.

You can see it by comparing old aerials to most recent ones.

4. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Thanks, Pete.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Sheridan is actually "open" all the way through downtown now, so it's one of the easier progress areas to check out in person right now. It's particularly messy by the Cox, but you'll get through.

Default Re: Colcord Hotel

Going to the Flint preview this week. Really excited about it!

From today courtesy Urban Pioneer:

Flint is open as of yesterday; note there is new direct entrance (rather than just through the hotel lobby) on the SE corner of the building.

They now have their menu up: http://flintokc.com/.

Write up and video at newsok:

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-citys-fli...rticle/3675754

i will also note that they now have a small patio open .. just south of the Colcord ... looks like 5 or 6 four person tables ...

as noted earlier the large outdoor space with the outdoor bar is going in on the west side of the Colcord and should be open late june early july

The decor is rather uninspiring. It looks like a higher end hotel coffee shop/lunch spot. The menu looks interesting, however. I'm sure I'll give it a try soon. I'm still in mourning for the loss of La Baguette, however.

Unless I win the Lottery, I think I will pass...$7 for biscuits & gravy and $12 for an omelete????

I went to the preview for brunch, and while it would be very expensive to go normally, it was amazing!! Seriously awesome food, great waiter, great cocktails. I "just" got their burger and it was to die for. My husband got lobster crepes (which no way we could normally afford at $14!!), and he said the crepes were amazing, but the sauce was way too sweet. Apparently everyone loves the carrot cake, but there was nothing on the menu about it containing nuts, so I was disappointed about that after I ordered it-I cannot stand nuts. Flint will be nice to go to for an anniversary dinner, but outside of that, no way can we afford to go normally. I added up what we would have spent at our preview meal, and it was around $80 not counting tip, but we did get our two cocktails each, plus each got dessert, which we would not do on our own.

Blog Entries

Can't wait to try it. Just another layer of options. As for price and menu, I doubt they are looking to challenge IHOP. If people want cheap we have more fast food and cheap than just about anywhere in the country. It is time we support good and sophisticated.

I don't think the prices are that bad. I bet their biscuits and gravy are worth $7, just as I bet enjoying their omelet is worth $12.

Big league city with dollar store citizens. Agree with Rover wholeheartedly

People not spending $500 to $750 a month on car payments and gasoline will be able to afford it. Other people choose to literally set their money on fire.

Great food at very reasonable price points

I went to the restaurant for lunch today. It was very good and the prices very reasonable. It took them awhile to get our food out to us, but that was to be expected because it's only their third day open and they apologized to us for it and kept us updated. In other words, nothing to complain about there.

The inside is nice. It's nothing crazy or trendy, but it's simple, nice, and clean. I don't think there's a bad seat in the entire place. The bar is really nice, too. The only odd thing is that the bathroom is on the second floor of the hotel, down a dark hallway. I'm not sure if that's temporary while they finish construction or not.

Anyway, I would recommend it to all of you. It's excellent food at reasonable prices.

$7 for biscuit and gravy and $12 for an omelet at a nice hotel restaurant? Nothing wrong with that at all. Sounds pretty reasonable, as long as the food is good. I'll definitely go there soon.

20. Default Re: Colcord Hotel

I got a 3-egg omelet, hashbrowns & and a bagel this morning for $9 - menu price. What are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I got a 3-egg omelet, hashbrowns & and a bagel this morning for $9 - menu price. What are you looking at?
    http://flintokc.com/sustenance/breakfast/entrees

You were there for brunch (I was stalking you/saw you come in)...the breakfast menu has a $12 omelet. And, judging by the other food, it's probably worth it.

22. Default Re: Colcord Hotel

No, I was ordering off the menu you just listed - breakfast. I suspect you're talking about the feta omelet, which yeah, is $12 (olives and feta cheese?). I will say the bagel was garbage, and I let the folks in charge know (who agreed & will be making a change on that).
    Gotta say overall, if you're willing splurge, the lobster crepes are to kill for.
    King, if you were around, you should have come and said "hi." I'm really not worth stalking. Now, the guy who leaving as I was leaving, William H. Macy, is DEFINITELY worth stalking (one of my favorite actors)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    No, I was ordering off the menu you just listed - breakfast. I suspect you're talking about the feta omelet, which yeah, is $12 (olives and feta cheese?). I will say the bagel was garbage, and I let the folks in charge know (who agreed & will be making a change on that).
    Gotta say overall, if you're willing splurge, the lobster crepes are to kill for.
    King, if you were around, you should have come and said "hi." I'm really not worth stalking. Now, the guy who leaving as I was leaving, William H. Macy, is DEFINITELY worth stalking (one of my favorite actors)
    Steve, did you find out why Bill Macy was in town?

I dunno Steve. Maybe stalking you would make sense. No one else seemed to know he was in town.

I agree with you ... he is a great actor.

Ate there at the preview menu was good but not outstanding or anything outside of the box. Kind of dissapointing. Just the usual fair with a few twists and a bit over average prices. The food was good, just not a place that I have to eat.

Thread Information