Other:

Information & Latest News

Links

County Assessor Record
    Tenants

Gallery

Default Re: Union Plaza

This building is getting a paint job.

The old reddish-brown corners, crown and base are all being painted black.

I wonder if they'll do an led crown. Should make it easier to see for all the incoming air traffic to the hospital (which I heard the LED's double as for many pilots).

4. Default Re: Union Plaza

We're moving to this building soon. They are also doing a lot of renovations in the common areas. The areas weren't un-nice before, but they were rather dark. They are being brightened up significantly, including the restrooms. I believe the lobby is on the schedule as well. The owners have done a pretty good job of keeping this building nice and relevant over the years. It could easily have turned into something like the Landmark Towers up at NWXway and May. Those buildings got some tile and paint, but never really renovated in a meaningful manner.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    I wonder if they'll do an led crown. Should make it easier to see for all the incoming air traffic to the hospital (which I heard the LED's double as for many pilots).
    I knew a guy who was in the reserves as a blackhawk helicopter pilot years ago. He said the original green neon on one of the buildings in downtown Dallas was a vivid marker for their nighttime flying because it could be seen 50 miles out of Dallas so, yes, those lights are used.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    We're moving to this building soon. They are also doing a lot of renovations in the common areas. The areas weren't un-nice before, but they were rather dark. They are being brightened up significantly, including the restrooms. I believe the lobby is on the schedule as well. The owners have done a pretty good job of keeping this building nice and relevant over the years. It could easily have turned into something like the Landmark Towers up at NWXway and May. Those buildings got some tile and paint, but never really renovated in a meaningful manner.
    We're moving to the building soon as well. September I believe. I wonder if we work for the same company.

7. Default Re: Union Plaza

Based on your username, i can say, yes we do
    I wont say your name, but it gives it away lol

My company was in that building before we shut the office down during the pandemic. Think we were on the 8th floor. Not a bad building but the lobby and common areas on floors that hadn’t been updated by individual tenants were pretty dated. Glad it’s getting a facelift.

Interestingly, this building was purchased in 2019 by a real estate trust based in Colorado.

Nice to see the continued investment.

10. Default Re: Union Plaza

I liked this building better when it was beige. Not sure why they're going for black.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

11. Default Re: Union Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    My company was in that building before we shut the office down during the pandemic. Think we were on the 8th floor. Not a bad building but the lobby and common areas on floors that hadn’t been updated by individual tenants were pretty dated. Glad it’s getting a facelift.
    Was that Baker Hughes? I think they were on a few floors and left, one of which is what we are taking (after gutting).

Was that Baker Hughes? I think they were on a few floors and left, one of which is what we are taking (after gutting).
    Not Baker Hughes (I was with a land service company) but I believe they were in the building at one time. Flywheel Energy also had their offices on 11 but fairly recently moved downtown.

Northwest OKC Sovereign Bank

From the Oklahoman:

Citizen Potawatomi Nation has purchased 18-story Union Plaza, a 250,000-square-foot office building at 3030 Northwest Expressway, home to CPN-owned Sovereign Bank's retail branch and Oklahoma City operations center.

CPN said it paid $27 million for the Class-A property, built in 1982-83. The seller, represented by Vicki Knotts of brokerage Newmark Robinson Park, was Real Capital Solutions in Louisville, Colorado, which paid $21.8 million for it in October 2019, according to county records.

Real Capital Solutions still owns the Heartland Payment Systems headquarters at 616 N Broadway Ave. and previously owned office buildings in Norman and Lawton.

CPN, based in Shawnee, called Union Plaza "a cornerstone of the Oklahoma City landscape" that will "serve as a beacon for Sovereign Bank’s expansion." CPN also has branches in Midwest City, Lawton, Holdenville, Granite, Mangum, Canute, and a loan production office in Edmond.

Sovereign Bank, known as First National Bank & Trust Co. until rebranding last April, also bought land nearby for expansion. The country's largest tribally owned bank already said it needed more space after a 2021 merger with The First State Bank. Its assets stand at more than $900 million.

“Bringing local ownership to the building marks a pivotal moment in our commitment to the growth and prosperity of Oklahoma City. This acquisition underscores CPN’s belief in the potential of the metro as a dynamic hub for economic and cultural development,” said Chairman John “Rocky” Barrett Jr.

CPN said acquiring Union Plaza will help it make sure the property "reflects the cultural integrity" of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation.

“Sovereign Bank’s mission is to empower our communities with the 'Freedom to Dream.' We are driven by putting our communities first, and by giving customers unmatched personal service in a location that is tailored to them,” said Bryan Cain, the bank's CEO.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/busi...n/71720607007/

Default Re: Sovereign Bank

Quote Originally Posted by sethsrott View Post
    From the Oklahoman:

Citizen Potawatomi Nation has purchased 18-story Union Plaza, a 250,000-square-foot office building at 3030 Northwest Expressway, home to CPN-owned Sovereign Bank's retail branch and Oklahoma City operations center.

CPN said it paid $27 million for the Class-A property, built in 1982-83. The seller, represented by Vicki Knotts of brokerage Newmark Robinson Park, was Real Capital Solutions in Louisville, Colorado, which paid $21.8 million for it in October 2019, according to county records.

Real Capital Solutions still owns the Heartland Payment Systems headquarters at 616 N Broadway Ave. and previously owned office buildings in Norman and Lawton.

CPN, based in Shawnee, called Union Plaza "a cornerstone of the Oklahoma City landscape" that will "serve as a beacon for Sovereign Bank’s expansion." CPN also has branches in Midwest City, Lawton, Holdenville, Granite, Mangum, Canute, and a loan production office in Edmond.

Sovereign Bank, known as First National Bank & Trust Co. until rebranding last April, also bought land nearby for expansion. The country's largest tribally owned bank already said it needed more space after a 2021 merger with The First State Bank. Its assets stand at more than $900 million.

“Bringing local ownership to the building marks a pivotal moment in our commitment to the growth and prosperity of Oklahoma City. This acquisition underscores CPN’s belief in the potential of the metro as a dynamic hub for economic and cultural development,” said Chairman John “Rocky” Barrett Jr.

CPN said acquiring Union Plaza will help it make sure the property "reflects the cultural integrity" of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation.

“Sovereign Bank’s mission is to empower our communities with the 'Freedom to Dream.' We are driven by putting our communities first, and by giving customers unmatched personal service in a location that is tailored to them,” said Bryan Cain, the bank's CEO.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/busi...n/71720607007/

This seems like a pretty big and good deal! Love seeing the Tribes thrive and expand!

15. Default Re: Sovereign Bank

The hand over isn't going so smoothly. I understand we had to reach out to try to find someone to pay our December rent to because we weren't able to process it through the normal channels this month. And the local building manager isn't responding. Can't say I care much for her anyway, so if that means a change there, it's possibly a good thing.

Default Re: Sovereign Bank

How is that not a good thing? LOL

The hand over isn't going so smoothly. I understand we had to reach out to try to find someone to pay our December rent to because we weren't able to process it through the normal channels this month. And the local building manager isn't responding. Can't say I care much for her anyway, so if that means a change there, it's possibly a good thing.
    Wow, didn't know things were this chaotic with this building. All I wanted was some mode of modernization of the NW Expressway skyline. Hopefully the native conglomerate can make it happen so that this place won't look as dead at night.

Thread Information