Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
...Um. Not quite sure what to say here. If you look at the bird's-eye view of the site plan, you will see a north-south walkway that runs through the Gardens - quite literally through the Crystal Bridge. This is the northern portion of what is being called the "Harvey Spine" in the C2S project. The south plaza of the CB is the northern entry portal for C2S. It's kind of hard to see without looking at it as a whole, but that's what it is.

The link below shows an early bird's eye rendering of Core 2 Shore, where this link, or spine, is clearly visible. While the C2S plans have shifted around this, the spine itself remains in tact. http://www.okc.gov/planning/coretoshore/visuals/idea_1_full_size.jpg
FritterGirl: thanks for all of the great information. It is appreciated!

I think what we are saying is that the parks aren't connected by park space (just a few trees along the roadway). The renderings I have looked at in the City's Core to Shore report indicate the MG and the string of MAPS 3 parks are separated by the "mixed use" development (same length as the Ford Center...2 blocks(?). It appears that the MAPS 3 parks are all connecting each other (just separated by the needed roads etc). Why not connect the MG with the MAPS 3 parks like the MAPS 3 parks are connected with each other? I guess what we are asking is, why the mixed use development interruption?

I understand they are preliminary renderings/plans and the final result may indeed give the feel of one continuous space. But it doesn't look that way on paper.