Widgets Magazine
Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 347980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2386

Thread: Bricktown

Default Re: Bricktown

Wow. That there was no stenciling, etc. is amazing. Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    Looks like Katamari Damacy
    Haha yep!! Props to Kris Kanaly! This mural is wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    They can take it, they just can't hand it off to a private developer.
    The city can take their parking lot and we can hope they throw a fit about it and decide to just leave Bricktown instead of re configuring the building.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    The city can take their parking lot and we can hope they throw a fit about it and decide to just leave Bricktown instead of re configuring the building.
    I agree. Wouldn't it be great to see the building redeveloped and then the parking lot filled in, similar to what is happening around the 21c area? That would be a game changer for Bricktown.

UHaul is still operating like it's the 1980s.

This parking lot is finished with landscaping sod, etc. Pretty big improvement to a highly visible corner.

That's a prime corner right there once the hotels and apartments are completed. It should not be squandered for a low quality project in the future.

I went to fuzzy taco on Saturday and planned to park in the parking lot behind the theater and Toby Keith restaurant. However, parking in that area was $20. There was an attendant standing before the bridge. I just kept going and parked in the south most lot which is south of Bass Pro.

I haven't been down there for awhile, but $20 to park there is quite high. Everyone I saw parked in the South lot and walked instead of paying the $20.

The parking fee in this area are going to push away business with $20 parking.

Was there an event going on? The thunder weren't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    I went to fuzzy taco on Saturday and planned to park in the parking lot behind the theater and Toby Keith restaurant. However, parking in that area was $20. There was an attendant standing before the bridge. I just kept going and parked in the south most lot which is south of Bass Pro.

I haven't been down there for awhile, but $20 to park there is quite high. Everyone I saw parked in the South lot and walked instead of paying the $20.

They do that when the Thunder are playing.

On most occasions they'll just wave you through if you declare you're doing to the theatre, at least. Might be any Lower Bricktown business. I think they do force you to pay regardless on Thunder game nights, but you can get validated and reimbursed if you are going to a Lower Bricktown business.

That parking lot has been some sort of struggle for years.

Thanks for the information on when the lot starts charging when events occur. I understand why the parking lot owners would charge for parking. However, I would not pay it and either find a cheaper alternative and walk or head home. I can see one getting suck if he or she purchased Thunder tickets or something else and then committed to parking downtown.

Thanks for the information on when the lot starts charging when events occur. I understand why the parking lot owners would charge for parking. However, I would not pay it and either find a cheaper alternative and walk or head home. I can see one getting suck if he or she purchased Thunder tickets or something else and then committed to parking downtown.
    If you didn't already see this, you can always park on the south side of Bass Pro for free.

13. Default Re: Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    On most occasions they'll just wave you through if you declare you're doing to the theatre, at least. Might be any Lower Bricktown business. I think they do force you to pay regardless on Thunder game nights, but you can get validated and reimbursed if you are going to a Lower Bricktown business.

That parking lot has been some sort of struggle for years.
    Who gives the refund, cause those dude are always gone by the time i come back?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    Who gives the refund, cause those dude are always gone by the time i come back?!

There are meant to be a few validation booths where you can get a refund. They have this tall yellow flags next to their little pedestal. I know there is one right outside of Harkins and I believe there's one in the parking lot for the Centennial building. They do close up shop a little early, so if you're seeing a late movie at the theatre that might be why their gone. You don't have to wait until your movie is over to get your parking fee refunded. You can just get a receipt from the box office and take it over to the validation booth and get your refund before the movie.

The theatre has also previously been willing to provide refunds (assuming you're seeing a movie) if you find the validation booths are closed or they give you trouble for some reason. The theatre may still be willing to do this, if you ask.

You can also park there if you just drive right by them real fast.

Another mural coming to Bricktown, this time to a big, empty concrete wall on the canal.

That will be awesome, but needs more color.

Oklahoma City engineers and design committee locked in debate over Bricktown Canal ramps

City engineers and the Bricktown Design Review Committee have hit a stalemate over plans for a steel ramp to replace a broken elevator lift along the Bricktown Canal.

Committee members, whose approval is required before such a project can commence, have delayed voting on the designs for the past few months as they've asked for renderings that will show how the ramp would appear next to the 110-year-old Kingman Building, 100 E California Ave.

Blog Entries

But there's already a ramp into Kingman on the west side of the building?

20. Default Re: Bricktown

^^^^^^
    Does not result in accessibility for canal walkway other than through building. Persons with wheelchairs, strollers etc. who access walkway via ramp across canal, via elevator at Mickey Mantle, or through buildings such as Miller-Jackson have no way down to street level if they have gone around via walkway. Previously this was addressed by a wheelchair lift, but they don't do well in weather and have been non-functioning for most of their lives.

Blog Entries

Oh sorry missed the canal level part.

Surely there are elevators that are designed for outdoors and can work well. That seems to be the best route.

Blog Entries

Having priced out elevators for a 2-story building, it's 100-200K, and that's without having to work outdoors. Elevators are a pricey endeavor just in general.

24. Default Re: Bricktown

^^^^^^
    Just to be clear: what we are talking about here is only for making it from street level to the level of the upper canal walkway, which is only about 4’ above street level. An elevator there is complete overkill. Ramps are the most appropriate, and will not require significant maintenance going forward.

Elevators are appropriate for getting to CANAL level, which is about 10’ down. Weather-resistant elevator enclosures are being explored to dry in the existing elevators - which break down often - and for future installations where opportunities and budget present themselves. Currently There are some areas where access to the lower level of the canal is challenging.

Oh I thought it was for the canal level.

Thread Information