Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween october 30th?

Default Halloween october 30th?

So the city of moore said halloween will be oct 30th, will you let your kids trick-or-treat that day or the real day, or both?.. p.s I hope they dont change the date of christmas if it falls on a certain day thats not so good for certain people. I wonder if they will move thanksgiving to the weekend?

Default Re: Halloween october 30th?

More government interference in the life of it's citizens. Resist and celebrate it on the 31st and tell that to anybody showing up on the 30th.

The Witches Union, Local 564...is hopping mad about all this...

4. Default Re: Halloween october 30th?

Dudes, it's not the first time. This way the kids aren't out trick-or-treating the night before school. Duh.

5. Default Re: Halloween october 30th?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    So the city of moore said halloween will be oct 30th, will you let your kids trick-or-treat that day or the real day, or both?.. p.s I hope they dont change the date of christmas if it falls on a certain day thats not so good for certain people. I wonder if they will move thanksgiving to the weekend?
    I love when people try and make a point by being absurd.

lol its funny that kids trick or treat on tuesday wensday and thursday. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

7. Default Re: Halloween october 30th?

Jesseda, why are you surprised? It has been done many times before. I know you have kids, so you should know better than that. Thanksgiving can't be moved for political reason...obviously it has to be the day before Black Friday. And it is obvious the Christmas date will not be changed. We already have a thread or two about this Halloween date-changer sensation.

My kids are 5 and 4, I dont remember 6 or 7 years ago for trick or treating when it fell on a sunday, i was a college party person back then so i didnt care about trick or treats.. I do remember my kids trick or treating on a wensday or thursday night( it was a school night), they didnt change the date..

FYI: David Payne was giving Saturday's forecast this morning, acting as if the Trick-or-Treating would be done on that evening, instead of Sunday...I don't care either way - my lights will be dim on both nights (just not in the mood this year).

I think Norman is still doing Halloween on Sunday. I guess OU football trumps god, education and trick or treating. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I think Norman is still doing Halloween on Sunday. I guess OU football trumps god, education and trick or treating. LOL
    Explain to me how OU football trumps God and education??? OU football does not play on Sunday, nor does OU, or any local school, have class on Saturday (when OU does play football), so unless I'm missing something...

Damn, quit being so PC. Halloween in Oct. 31. When it is a weekday it isn't moved to a weekend. Don't mess with it, leave it where it is and avoid the headache. Why do people feel the need to mess with stuff that is perfectly fine? The sun will set at 6:36PM and the majority of kids are out the door within 30 minutes of that if they aren't out before. Most kids go for an hour or two and then are ready to go home. It's not like they are staying out until midnight.

13. Default Re: Halloween october 30th?

MrZ, a lot of kids are out toward 11 or 12. It is a very late night for everyone. Lots of houses to cover. lol

where i live most kids trick or treat from sun down till around 9 p.m, most of the older kids 10 to whatever age trick or treat a lil later but no later then 10 pm usually..

Quote Originally Posted by kawititnow View Post
    Explain to me how OU football trumps God and education??? OU football does not play on Sunday, nor does OU, or any local school, have class on Saturday (when OU does play football), so unless I'm missing something...
    I actually don't care either way which day its held. You have to think about the rationality of moving Halloween to get the joke I was making. Let's get real, the main reason they moved it to Saturday night was because it occurs on a Sunday. If it occurred on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday they would not bother moving it. Some cities/towns may move it, if it fell on a Thursday. I was just commenting how the City of Norman doesn't care when Halloween is held as long as it is not on a game night.

pssst jn1780, some people on here cant take a joke..We all have to be serious

I actually don't care either way which day its held. You have to think about the rationality of moving Halloween to get the joke I was making. Let's get real, the main reason they moved it to Saturday night was because it occurs on a Sunday. If it occurred on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday they would not bother moving it. Some cities/towns may move it, if it fell on a Thursday. I was just commenting how the City of Norman doesn't care when Halloween is held as long as it is not on a game night.
    More imposing fundamental Christian concerns om everybody. If you have a problem with Halloween on Sunday, don't observe it. Why accommodate this fringe?

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Jesseda, why are you surprised? It has been done many times before. I know you have kids, so you should know better than that. Thanksgiving can't be moved for political reason...obviously it has to be the day before Black Friday. And it is obvious the Christmas date will not be changed. We already have a thread or two about this Halloween date-changer sensation.
    I'm sorry...but do you ever know what you're talking about?

It's my feeling that they moved it so people can go to church...which is just silly. You can go to church on sunday morning if you must.

I've never heard of Halloween being moved when it falls on any other day of the week (except in Norman when there's a football game). I can see the rationality for that...not as safe to have kiddos out and about with that much traffic on the side streets and that many drunk folks wantering about.

Yeah i had a feeling it was a church related thing. I say if you are not comfortable with halloween being on a sunday(church day) then you probably shouldnt be celebrating it

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    More imposing fundamental Christian concerns om everybody. If you have a problem with Halloween on Sunday, don't observe it. Why accommodate this fringe?
    Was that direct at me or just a question just thrown out there? Like I said, I don't care which day its held since I'm not that religious. What I do have a problem with is people using the school night excuss. If it really was about school they should move it to the last Friday or Saturday of October. I wouldn't have a problem with that and anyone who throws a fit about it not being on the 31st is just as ridiculous as "fundamentalist Christians".

Was that direct at me or just a question just thrown out there? Like I said, I don't care which day its held since I'm not that religious. What I do have a problem with is people using the school night excuss. If it really was about school they should move it to the last Friday or Saturday of October. I wouldn't have a problem with that and anyone who throws a fit about it not being on the 31st is just as ridiculous as "fundamentalist Christians".
    It was directed at those who make these arbitrary decisions to accommodate a fringe minority. I agree 100 % with you that the school night excuse is patently ridiculous and is nothing but providing cover to provide a legal excuse. Just leave the holiday calendar alone.

This is funny, we made the headlines on this subject..... http://shine.yahoo.com/event/hallowe...?pg=2#comments

I still say lets move thanksgiving thursday to a the last saturday of the month, it just seems better that way, kids will not miss as much school, more people will be off that couldnt get the time off since it will be held on a weekend, what do ya say lol

24. Default Re: Halloween october 30th?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I still say lets move thanksgiving thursday to a the last saturday of the month, it just seems better that way, kids will not miss as much school, more people will be off that couldnt get the time off since it will be held on a weekend, what do ya say lol
    Then we have to move another political holiday to Black Sunday. Oh, dear.

Black sunday can work, shop 5 a.m till church service, thank the lord for all the great deals you found today, then off to sunday lunch with the family

Thread Information