Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dowell Center

Default Re: Dowell Center

After reviewing the before pics I just had one word, wow and not in a good way.

Wow it's terrible that this building was recladded.

3. Default Re: Dowell Center

What was deal with Kerr McGee and all the messed-up refacing they did? Was their chief designer from the Soviet Union?

5. Default Re: Dowell Center

Yes

6. Default Re: Dowell Center

Great link, Steve!

7. Default Re: Dowell Center

The building really was a stunner before the changes.

Article by Steve today reporting that all the asbestos has been removed from Dowell Center and they are now working with SandRidge to redo the east facade once the old Globe Life building is demolished at 120 Robert S. Kerr.

Also said he plans to add a 326 space garage directly west of the existing garage at 433 N. Harvey.

I.M Pei

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Article by Steve today reporting that all the asbestos has been removed from Dowell Center and they are now working with SandRidge to redo the east facade once the old Globe Life building is demolished at 120 Robert S. Kerr.

Also said he plans to add a 326 space garage directly west of the existing garage at 433 N. Harvey.
    I suspected there might be a relationship between the two when I saw Rick Dowell sitting in on some of the BoA/et al. meetings relating to the SandRidge debacle.. Good for Dowell.

can you "uncladd" a building? dumb question, im sorry

Anything is possible with enough money

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    can you "uncladd" a building? dumb question, im sorry
    Yes it is possible depending on the type of construction used. THe JDM Place building was stripped down the bare concrete structure and a complete new brick veneer was done along with a floor added to the top. The exterior wall of a concrete tilt-wall building cannot be pulled off because it is a structural element, the exterior can be repainted (like the Double-T buildings on NW Expressway, The Oil Center, First Fidelity) or another exterior material can be installed over the concrete tilt-wall panels to change the look.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Anything is possible with enough money
    This......

14. Default Re: Dowell Center

Dowell will be creating a new eastern facade for the Dowell Center when Sandridge tears down the current elevator parking/office structure. The new facade will extend down to the top of Sandridge's new Amenities building.

15. Default Re: Dowell Center

Dowell has been working closely with SandRidge on this matter, and I suspect this will turn out pretty well....

Why doesn't he just put some sheet metal over the side of the building? Isn't that more his style...

17. Default Re: Dowell Center

I think to judge Rick fairly, you must look at his entire downtown portfolio. The sheet metal, by the way, isn't his style (that was put up by the garage's former owner, the late John Cheek, who is a completely different story). I agree, there are misses. But there are some hits as well.

I hope Dowell has merely been waiting to make these changes before leasing that building.

Has anybody moved in? Has Dowell even moved his business there?

I'm not sure how anyone else feels about the Dowell Center but I personally love the look of it. It's not my favorite building but it is up there.

The Amenities Building is going where this is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	petroleumclub_2007_4.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	1033  

Is the new facade going to match the rest of the building? I get the impression that it isn't.

Dowell seeks to replace the building's east blank wall with a facade that will consist of 52 windows and new brick cladding on the 12th through 18th floors.

Read more: http://newsok.com/new-east-facade-to...#ixzz1dVKlEDhu
    The rest of the building facade isn't brick is it?

So, SandRidge will start demolishing the old Globe Life building in January, demolishing three floors, then Dowell with renovate 3 floors of his east facade and they'll repeat this process three times until all 9 floors of the Dowell Center are finished.

Also said he's planning to start leasing in 2013. Great news, but that is fully 18 years after he bought the place. To his credit, at least with this building he seems to be doing things right.

Is the new facade going to match the rest of the building? I get the impression that it isn't.
    Yes, it should look just like the other three sides.

Is the large window-less area the location of the elevators?

Thread Information