Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox Lake Plaza

Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza to be sold soon

Whataburger approved for here

The Edmond Planning Commission approved the commercial site plan this week for a new Whataburger restaurant proposed to be located south of Fox Lake Lane and east of Sam’s Club on the west side of Interstate 35. The vote was 5-0.

“They plan a 3,160-square-foot building,” said Bob Schiermeyer, city planner.

The 28-foot-tall Whataburger site would be on 1.05 acres and is consistent with city code requirements, Schiermeyer said. This site is zoned for light industrial purposes, he added.

A stone veneer is planned for all four sides of the building’s exterior. Orange and white awnings are planned for the flat-roof restaurant, Schiermeyer said.

Parking will comprise 3,160 square feet with 32 parking spaces as well as bicycle parking. This is not a sensitive border area, Schiermeyer said, so light poles can be 24-feet tall with the base.

- Whataburger voted in - The Edmond Sun: News

Buffalo Wild Wings is going to be built here in a stand alone parcel going before the planning commission. It was continued until November 17th.

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...#ReturnTo33244

I have heard a rumor that they are also building a Carino's there as well. Not sure how reliable the source is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    I have heard a rumor that they are also building a Carino's there as well. Not sure how reliable the source is though.
    Debzkidz,
    Figures, I have lived about a mile East of I-35 near 122nd for forty years with very few places to eat. Now, I'm moving and there are three (counting Whataburger) new restaurants in the area.
    C. T.

Here is the site plan for the BWW if anyone wants to see.

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...q=7337&prev=0#

Blog Entries

Wish we could get a few higher end places to eat around this area, maybe even some healthier options.

I'm not sure if the BWW is still happening. They withdrew the application, so I don't know if that means they are still going to build it or if they are coming back to build it with a different site plan or if they scrapped it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I'm not sure if the BWW is still happening. They withdrew the application, so I don't know if that means they are still going to build it or if they are coming back to build it with a different site plan or if they scrapped it all together.
    I drove by there today and noticed a yellow sign painted with black spray paint, saying something about accepting bids for BWW.

Chick Fil A just singed a ground lease to build a new location here.

That will be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    I know the local franchisee for the Carino's and today he told me they had a letter of intent signed but decided to pass.

Taco Bell will be going north of Whataburger.

Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza

Awesome! Just signed the contract to move to a house in Fox Lake. Seems to be a lot going up in that area!

15. Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza

Not too long ago In the back part in the new shopping center they had a great clips sign up. I'm pretty sure it was a mock one to make sure it looked right cause it isn't there now, but pretty sure its going in.

So where will the Chick-Fil-A be? South of the Whataburger is a parcel of land, too. Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    Awesome! Just signed the contract to move to a house in Fox Lake. Seems to be a lot going up in that area!
    Yeah and we should here more about the service road redesign that the city of Edmond had a study for late this year or sometime next year to completely reconstruct the service roads along I-35 probably becoming one way and 2-3 lanes each way. Should greatly help traffic flow better. Would be nice if they added Texas turnarounds on every intersection and added a halfway bridge between Second St. and 15th, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Regarding your Chick-fil-a question, I'm not sure but it could be squeezed I think between Taco bell and the remaining land to the north.

Here is a link to the agenda packet and site plan: http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/docs...ellSPaug16.pdf

BTW, the Spring Creek Trail is opening soon and with rumors of an Edmond Costco this area would seem to be fit for one, so there is a lot indeed happening in this area even without a possible Costco.

I was hoping for a few more upscale resturants or new to market ones. I keep hoping for a Costco in the area. I hope I am not starting a rumor. I am just saying that maybe the 141 ac for sale at 33rd and I-35 would be a great location for a Costco. Ideally locate one in Edmond, one in Norman along I-35 and one around I-40. Since we already have a bunch of Sam's Clubs, I would guess the metro could support 3 Costco's. The idea being that you will get people from outside the metro come in and shop say onces a month and bring a few friends along too.

I hope the area will develop into a nice retail corridor.

Anyone know when the new Buffalo Wild Wings will open?

Chick-fil-a has filed with the city of Edmond planning commission.

http://edmondok.com/index.aspx?NID=84

22. Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza

Should get a Spring Creek and Arcadia Lake Loop trail update on Thursday. Can't wait to hear how these trails are coming along. Can't wait to use them!

23. Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza

Glad to see Thai Delight is relocating to this shopping center. Hardly ever go since they moved to 33rd and Broadway area.

24. Default Re: Fox Lake Plaza

Chick Fil A is finally complete and packed each day. The Taco Bell coming soon sign is up as well.

As for Thai Delight it is very good. We also frequent the Chinese place next door, Foo Chow. It is pretty solid as well.

As for Buffalo Wild Wings, the quality is always consistent. However, the service has drastically declined since the time it has opened. We have stopped going for the time being in hoping it will turn around. Like it has been mentioned before, the quality of servers in this town is spread very thin and it seems to be showing here. Hopefully it gets better.

Does Thai Delight have a 2nd location, or are they closing their restaurant near Charlestons off 33rd and Broadway?

Thread Information