Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bridge House in SoSA

Default Re: Bridge House the newest announced for SoSA district

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    This morning they started excavating the old retaining walls, steps, and sidewalks where the Spencer house will be next to the "Bridge House" fronting 5th.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spencer House.JPG 
Views:	1316 
Size:	688.0 KB 
ID:	593

Thanks. Is Paul their common first or last name? What are the missing names? I'm just wondering if they are who I think they might be.

Well said UP.

Are you sure that this is actually being built? I mean you say "unveiled." These are drawings commissioned by Heather and Keith Paul.

Breaking! Gerald Ford, eaten by wolves:

Quote Originally Posted by pop312 View Post
    Ok guys...the images posted originally on the thread are taken from our website, fitzsimmons-arch.com, and were of a conceptual design commissioned by the Pauls, but will not be built on their property on 5th Street. They chose to go another direction for that parcel. While we very much enjoy the attention the area is getting and there are several new projects underway from both ourselves and other designers, maybe it would be a good idea to first, verify that "facts" prior to posting information and secondly, to ask permission of the architect or designer before posting images from their websites or other sources. This is a pretty common courtesy and would be appreciated by us as well as others I'm sure.
    As most of you are aware we remain very active in the near downtown area and there are a lot of exciting projects in the works.
    Thank you for your time. Peace.
    Larry @ Fitzsimmons Architects
    To be fair, Metro DID credit Fitzsimmons indirectly with the link at the end of the renderings post. Probably should have asked for permission before reposting so many pics (sort of like quoting a relevant part of an article and providing a link to the complete article). However, if the website is viewable by all, posting the pics elsewhere (and giving credit appropriately) seems within reason. Of course reposting info from a "private" site is probably a bit different than from a "public" site.

7. Default Re: Bridge House the newest announced for SoSA district

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spencer House.JPG 
Views:	1316 
Size:	688.0 KB 
ID:	593
    I've always liked the Town House. Hopefully this will help clean it up. Would be great as affordable apartments for young professionals (as opposed to the flop house it appears to be now).
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Apparently, poor people pay the highest rent per square foot. The current has no plans to change the Town House into anything than what its is now, a weekly rate "Hotel."

Quote Originally Posted by pop312 View Post
    Ok guys...the images posted originally on the thread are taken from our website, fitzsimmons-arch.com, and were of a conceptual design commissioned by the Pauls, but will not be built on their property on 5th Street. They chose to go another direction for that parcel. While we very much enjoy the attention the area is getting and there are several new projects underway from both ourselves and other designers, maybe it would be a good idea to first, verify that "facts" prior to posting information and secondly, to ask permission of the architect or designer before posting images from their websites or other sources. This is a pretty common courtesy and would be appreciated by us as well as others I'm sure.
    As most of you are aware we remain very active in the near downtown area and there are a lot of exciting projects in the works.
    Thank you for your time. Peace.
    Larry @ Fitzsimmons Architects
    You heard it first here from metro on OKC Talk, after all..

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I've always liked the Town House. Hopefully this will help clean it up. Would be great as affordable apartments for young professionals (as opposed to the flop house it appears to be now).
    I agree.... along with Town House.... I think some other building that could be fantastic remodels would be the Rockwall on 6th between Walker and Hudson... and the Century on 9th between Walker and Hudson.... both are fantastic art deco apartment buildings that someone really need to look into.

I drove by the house being discussed here and it is looking really good. It's probably dangerous for me to go by it too often, as I could feel the urge to do something similar. No camera with me, unfortunately. There were foundations for two other houses in the area, I noticed.

Betts, that's not the bridge house, the bridge house was scrapped. I have pics of the house you referenced on 5th, as well as two going up on 7th right now, I will post soon.

Ah, thanks, metro. I wasn't sure if the Bridge house was the contemporary plans posted here, or the house I saw. I think the grey brick one going up is fabulous.

Thread Information