Widgets Magazine
Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4489909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2474

Thread: Project 180

Default Re: Project 180

The murals on the side of Oklahoma Tower are being finished up!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170810_0911403.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	14059

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170810_0912007.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	322.0 KB 
ID:	14060

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is the large mural by Jack Fowler that will finally cover that huge expanses of nothingness on the bottom of Oklahoma Tower.

^ Here's the rendering for comparison

Yes, thanks.

Jack Fowler (the artist) has also been working evenings on that expansive south elevation.

5. Default Re: Project 180

Holy crap! The end may be in sight!

Is this as far up they are going to go on EKG? I know they are doing Main St right now, but can't recall if this is the last two areas or not. So much has been changed and removed from this project that I just wait until I see them tearing up a street to know where they're going next.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Holy crap! The end may be in sight!
    I hope so. I was coming south on EKG the other evening, and I sat in front of the Santa Fe garage for 20 minutes. It is an absolute traffic nightmare.

Remember that in October the City told me (for a story I was doing about SF Station) and also City Council (in a presentation) that this would be finished in December.

So, 2 months out they missed their own date by a mile.

It is becoming a huge hot-button for me that they constantly make these presentations then miss their promises by a country mile, then stand up and just give a new date without ever alluding to what they had previously said, and then usually miss the new date again (and again).

Absolutely zero accountability... Which is why something like the street light issue sits there for years and nothing is done until a light (pardon the pun) is shined upon it.

BTW, they are now many years past their promised completion date for P180 even though they cut 40% of the original promised scope. And they have yet to even start on some sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Is this as far up they are going to go on EKG? I know they are doing Main St right now, but can't recall if this is the last two areas or not. So much has been changed and removed from this project that I just wait until I see them tearing up a street to know where they're going next.
    P180 treatment is only happening between Reno and Sheridan on EK Gaylord. I'm pretty sure (but could be wrong) the rest of Gaylord will be re-striped and have bike lanes installed but it won't be getting new street, trees or sidewalk.

10. Default Re: Project 180

When I said the end is in sight I meant for that stretch of EKG. It has been torn up for so long. Has had a much more profound negative impact on Bricktown businesses than the year plus of streetcar work, due to the fact that it is a barrier between Bricktown and the rest of downtown. Streetcar had significant impact as expected but everyone was able to plan for it, anticipate it, etc., not to mention communication was excellent, contractor worked to accomodate individual businesses, events, etc.. This stretch of Gaylord, OTOH...brutal.

Bike lanes on EKG with no redesign?

RIP cyclists.

I wanted to also point out that we were placated about doing this P180 work all over downtown before the streetcar by being told it would be super easy just to pull up the existing concrete in sections and lay down the track.

Yet, take a look at the mess on the SE corner of Hudson and Sheridan, right by the Myriad Gardens. That corner is completely destroyed -- curbs, intersection, paving, etc... And it's been that way for months.

They have also torn up several of the intersections that have been bothered to be repainted (many still have not been touched and are atrocious) and ruined that work which had already been done twice, and the second time taxpayers had to pay for that too.

At the very least, why the H would you pay to repaint intersections that you knew where going to be torn up for the streetcar, while breaking a promise two years ago to redo several that were not to be affected and still remain unpainted?

HangryHippo Guest

I wanted to also point out that we were placated about doing this P180 work all over downtown before the streetcar by being told it would be super easy just to pull up the existing concrete in sections and lay down the track.

Yet, take a look at the mess on the SE corner of Hudson and Sheridan, right by the Myriad Gardens. That corner is completely destroyed -- curbs, intersection, paving, etc... And it's been that way for months.

They have also torn up several of the intersections that have been bothered to be repainted (many still have not been touched and are atrocious) and ruined that work which had already been done twice, and the second time taxpayers had to pay for that too.

At the very least, why the H would you pay to repaint intersections that you knew where going to be torn up for the streetcar, while breaking a promise two years ago to redo several that were not to be affected and still remain unpainted?

That has to be one of the worst planning boondoggles I've ever seen outside of the crosstown boulevard. I will NEVER understand why they did the P180 stuff only to tear it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That has to be one of the worst planning boondoggles I've ever seen outside of the crosstown boulevard. I will NEVER understand why they did the P180 stuff only to tear it up again.
    $$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Bike lanes on EKG with no redesign?

RIP cyclists.
    *protected bike lanes

16. Default Re: Project 180

Remember that in October the City told me (for a story I was doing about SF Station) and also City Council (in a presentation) that this would be finished in December.

So, 2 months out they missed their own date by a mile.

It is becoming a huge hot-button for me that they constantly make these presentations then miss their promises by a country mile, then stand up and just give a new date without ever alluding to what they had previously said, and then usually miss the new date again (and again).

Absolutely zero accountability... Which is why something like the street light issue sits there for years and nothing is done until a light (pardon the pun) is shined upon it.

BTW, they are now many years past their promised completion date for P180 even though they cut 40% of the original promised scope. And they have yet to even start on some sections.
    maybe this is something that can be brought up to the new mayor.

It appears that the old regime under Cornett/Couch doesn't hold anyone accountable to the level that you, I, and most on here expect. I think new blood (from Mayor Holt) might help change the culture at City Hall for the better.

Any thoughts?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    maybe this is something that can be brought up to the new mayor.

It appears that the old regime under Cornett/Couch doesn't hold anyone accountable to the level that you, I, and most on here expect. I think new blood (from Mayor Holt) might help change the culture at City Hall for the better.

Any thoughts?
    My understanding is that most of this is Couch's responsibility. Could be wrong, but if not... seems like it may be time for Couch to head home and sit on the couch.

Yeah, unfortunately the mayor has very little to do with this.

It's the City Manager and his staff.

19. Default Re: Project 180

Pete, have you considered running for city council? If not, you should.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Or presenting your findings at city council?

I live in Ward 2, which is Ed Shadid's district.

I would consider running if he ever decided to step down.

Mr. Shadid "not stepping down" is the best reason to run. Ward 2 deserves better representation!!

I believe that he won't be running in the next election. I live in his ward too, and there's another guy that plans on running and I think he already has Ed's blessing (not sure how much of that is public, but he announced it to a bunch of people at our Venice Neighbors Night Out event last year, so it's somewhat public).

24. Default Re: Project 180

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I believe that he won't be running in the next election. I live in his ward too, and there's another guy that plans on running and I think he already has Ed's blessing (not sure how much of that is public, but he announced it to a bunch of people at our Venice Neighbors Night Out event last year, so it's somewhat public).
    If this is true, I'd strongly encourage Pete to run. I think he'd make a strong candidate and has a good set of issues and range of knowledge that would make him a compelling choice.

(Ed's blessing will be a non-factor, so that should not discourage anyone from running)

If this is true, I'd strongly encourage Pete to run. I think he'd make a strong candidate and has a good set of issues and range of knowledge that would make him a compelling choice.

(Ed's blessing will be a non-factor, so that should not discourage anyone from running)
    + 1

Thread Information