Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 200-room Aloft Hotel coming to downtown

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 200-room Aloft Hotel coming to downtown

cool, hope it comes to fruition.

These look great, but for anyone planning a visit to Tulsa - I would personally recommend the Ambassador. Had the opportunity for a Tulsa evening recently to catch Swan Lake, grab dinner at the Stonehorse Cafe, and spent the night there. It almost didn't feel like a hotel room in terms of the layout, aesthetics and the quality of the whole experience. I also liked being able to experience so much in one evening, and drive so little, once in town. Was hoping to stay longer to get in a visit to the Philbrook but had to come back early. Oh well, next time I guess.

I thought this was okctalk.com. Who cares about Tulsa's little projects. Put them in a rivalry talk thread...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I thought this was okctalk.com. Who cares about Tulsa's little projects. Put them in a rivalry talk thread...
    What a delightful oddity of a statement, considering you posted it in the OKCTalk Communities sub forum that is designed specifically for "Tulsa & Suburbs"

Good news, however too bad it's just a relocation of a downtown tenant instead of someone from the suburbs or from out of town.

Old City Hall sale closed today. the $1.2 million sale included two buildings and 250 parking spaces. The property will be converted into a 200 room aLoft Hotel, 20 apartments and retail space.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic..._0_Itsfin82651

Excellent news from Tulsa! Tulsa definitely has the momentum right now, going strong and getting stronger.

Are there any renderings for this project?

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Excellent news from Tulsa! Tulsa definitely has the momentum right now, going strong and getting stronger.

Are there any renderings for this project?
    No, no renderings that I have seen, but here's a site plan. I'm not sure how much the building will be changed:
    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/griff...zaSitePlan.pdf

There are renderings of the other two hotel projects, both are new construction.

One Place, A mixed used project with a Hilton Hotel, condos and a at least 15 Story office building for Cimarex Energy:

And The Fairfield Inn and Suites being built in the Brady District:

WOW!! Very Impressive!! Talk about a transformation, and from a private developer too, both pics look awesome. They got a steal for that building, paying only one million dollars for the Old City Hall.

I can't believe that is a Fairfield Inn, great design there.

Tulsa really has things rolling and is setting itself up nicely. Thanks for the updates, keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    WOW!! Very Impressive!! Talk about a transformation, and from a private developer too, both pics look awesome. They got a steal for that building, paying only one million dollars for the Old City Hall.
    Tulsa got a steal. They no longer have to spend nearly that much on maintenance for the empty building. And it will be a really cool contributing piece of downtown, which it has yet to achieve (but will shortly). Not to mention that $1 would have still been a good deal for the City.

As a Tulsa native, I will believe it when I see it. I work with a co-worker that just moved from Detroit to OKC for work. I told him to visit Tulsa for a weekend getaway, and he came back and told me that was the worst idea. "Why what happened?" "Why is there downtown empty?" "What do you mean?" "Where are the people?" ..... "I was so glad to be back in OKC"

^^ Same tired song..different day.

Quote Originally Posted by 918Town View Post
    ^^ Same tired song..different day.
    lol A very famous and popular song, that is still a hit, even after a decade. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by circuitboard View Post
    lol A very famous and popular song, that is still a hit, even after a decade. :-)
    Some people like to continue to play old songs to make them feel better about themselves. Happens all the time around here.

Quote Originally Posted by 918Town View Post
    Some people like to continue to play old songs to make them feel better about themselves. Happens all the time around here.
    Yup, we should sing it together since we are both from 918.

16. Default Re: 200-room Aloft Hotel coming to downtown

Stop feeding the bait 918, it doesn't help. You wouldn't even be able to get away with an OKC section at Tulsanow without every thread being closed because of the bashing. I suggest people stop being immature and grow up just a tad bit. If you just ignore those posters 918, then you'll find there are plenty of posters here that are genuinely interested in Tulsa's development. I for one am jealous of that Oneplace development. So jealous. Good for Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    Stop feeding the bait 918, it doesn't help. You wouldn't even be able to get away with an OKC section at Tulsanow without every thread being closed because of the bashing. I suggest people stop being immature and grow up just a tad bit. If you just ignore those posters 918, then you'll find there are plenty of posters here that are genuinely interested in Tulsa's development. I for one am jealous of that Oneplace development. So jealous. Good for Tulsa.
    First of all, I grew up in Tulsa, all my family lives in Tulsa. If anyone can be a bitchy hateful critic of Tulsa, it would be me! I don't give a rat’s ass about your enthusiasm for Tulsa, or anyone else for that matter. Like I said, I will believe it when I see it; I have heard it time and time again. I am also not a cheerleader for OKC anymore than I am for Dallas, Denver, or Seattle as I am in those cities frequently to hang with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by circuitboard View Post
    First of all, I grew up in Tulsa, all my family lives in Tulsa. If anyone can be a bitchy hateful critic of Tulsa, it would be me! I don't give a rat’s ass about your enthusiasm for Tulsa, or anyone else for that matter. Like I said, I will believe it when I see it; I have heard it time and time again. I am also not a cheerleader for OKC anymore than I am for Dallas, Denver, or Seattle as I am in those cities frequently to hang with friends.
    Well my former Tulsan, being a constructful critic can be helpful to the development of Tulsa. Hell, even being a "bitchy hateful critic of Tulsa" is your prerogative. But the intent of your little narrative about a co-worker who was "...so glad to be back in OKC", after a visit to downtown Tulsa, serves no other purpose than to perpetuate the prevailing attitude that the way to lift OKC is to down Tulsa. Your post is only one example in a long list of self-satisfying ones that mix skepticism with a healthy dose of the just down right intent to diss Tulsa. And if you post it, you should just be a man and admit your intent.

I forgot, this is the net, and you can be anyone you want to be. Just be honest.

As some may know I'm in both cities all the time working on projects in both places. I have friends and family in both cities. I like this forum and Tulsa Now because I can keep track and comment on new developments and issues related to each city.

That being said hopefully this project happens because it would be a very good thing for downtown Tulsa.

typical Tulsan response

Typical metro response.

I think Tulsa is doing awesome. I hope they keep up the good work.

A healthy Tulsa and OKC is good for a healthy Oklahoma. What childish banter

The aLoft project is finalizing designs and should begin construction this summer. Weird, about the same time OKC's should start. I have not seen any new renderings yet.

Demolition work on the interior is underway and actual construction is due to start in 6-8 weeks with the hotel opening next summer. It's owned by the same people that own the Mayo Hotel two blocks away.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/a...15860&allcom=1

Thread Information