Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Toysrus/BabiesRus

Default New Toysrus/BabiesRus

was at toysrus today by crossroads mall, The manager of that toysrus told me there will be ground breaking for the new toysrus/babiesrus sometime late fall early winter. he also mention that the toysrus where they ar at now will be closing and the employees will be sent to the new moore store that will have a fao boutique inside it as well.

Default Re: New Toysrus/BabiesRus

Any idea where?

I am shocked that Toys-R-Us is still open, and that anyone (Jesseda) actually is still going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I am shocked that Toys-R-Us is still open, and that anyone (Jesseda) actually is still going there.
    Spartan, why are you such a "hater", you bad mouth Toys-R-Us, on another thread you bad mouth Academy, Sam's, Walmart, are you that miserable that you have to put down everything to make yourself feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Why do you think that?

I know that Toys was taken private by a group led by KKR in 2005 and filed in May 2010 for an IPO. The company appears to have weathered the recession pretty well. People I know with children tell me there is nothing really that compares to Toys or Babys. And Toys won the lawsuit with Amazon which is no small thing. And they are a truly global enterprise and own many of their locations. In fact some people think the real estate holding is worth as much as the company.

Really the major competitors are Target and Wal-mart but Toys does appear to be successfully competing with them and actually distinguishing themselves from anyone else. The debt load is troubling.

So I'm interested in why you believe Toys is not viable.

wow spartan I guess you dont have kids, when you do you will understand the whole toysrus thing. The manager didnt mention where it would be he just said it has been in the works for awhile and he even thought it was dead until last month when it was confirmed to him that his location will be closing and the moore one will be opening, the manager seemed excited when he told me what the new store was going to offer

Well, That Clearly Fell Through

Thread Information