Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paseo District

Default Re: Paseo District

I don't think this has been mentioned on here. The Other Room is currently being renovated and is going non-smoking. It will be interesting to see how that turns out. Like Sipango, it was patronized primarily by smokers. It should be reopening this weekend at some point, according to one of the bartenders at Picasso's I was discussing it with. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I don't think this has been mentioned on here. The Other Room is currently being renovated and is going non-smoking. It will be interesting to see how that turns out. Like Sipango, it was patronized primarily by smokers. It should be reopening this weekend at some point, according to one of the bartenders at Picasso's I was discussing it with. Thoughts?
    The back patio -- which is bigger than the inside space -- will still be smoking.

The patio is large and when I'm there notice many folks go to the patio to smoke as it is.. I don't think it will hurt them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    The patio is large and when I'm there notice many folks go to the patio to smoke as it is.. I don't think it will hurt them at all.
    I think you are right. The bartender at Picasso's was talking about how he thought it was going to kill their business. I will say that it will now be back in my regular rotation again now that they are non-smoking. I used to hang out there quite often but when I quit smoking, I stopped going there.

I think you are right. The bartender at Picasso's was talking about how he thought it was going to kill their business. I will say that it will now be back in my regular rotation again now that they are non-smoking. I used to hang out there quite often but when I quit smoking, I stopped going there.
    you know who always says " non smoking is going to kill our business"? Smokers

The remodel will also include a much needed second bathroom. BrandonTOR, as he is known, posted that the remodel would only take a week. The included picture was taken yesterday. You be the judge on if it will reopen this weekend. (Sorry for the sideways pic. Help is appreciated)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3728 (002).JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	14195

Holey Rollers, a new coffee shop right across from Picasso Cafe in The Plunge, has opened:

https://www.facebook.com/holeyrollers/

8. Default Re: Paseo District

Does anyone else think it would be a good thing to remove the center island and restore northbound through traffic on Paseo? I hate the way the street is configured now.

I wish they’d make Paseo St. pedestrian only with the streetcar going through it and vehicle traffic can use Dewey.

Blog Entries

11. Default Re: Paseo District

Definitely like

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    Does anyone else think it would be a good thing to remove the center island and restore northbound through traffic on Paseo? I hate the way the street is configured now.
    I don’t. I honestly like the way it is. Only thing better would be PluPan’s idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Holey Rollers, a new coffee shop right across from Picasso Cafe in The Plunge, has opened:

Nice, but only open until 2 or 3? Like Leaf & Bean on 36th/May who's only open until 1, they're probably gonna lose business to *$, which is open until late night, and we go to *$ because they're open, not because we like their coffee best (we try to support local every single time we shop/eat/drink, but places like this make it harder to do because of their limited hours), but they're the only ones around us open later than mid-afternoon. Not everybody gets up at the ass-crack of dawn and goes to bed at 10....

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Nice, but only open until 2 or 3? Like Leaf & Bean on 36th/May who's only open until 1, they're probably gonna lose business to *$, which is open until late night, and we go to *$ because they're open, not because we like their coffee best (we try to support local every single time we shop/eat/drink, but places like this make it harder to do because of their limited hours), but they're the only ones around us open later than mid-afternoon. Not everybody gets up at the ass-crack of dawn and goes to bed at 10....
    Wouldn't be surprised if that changed when all the new places under construction are open for business.

15. Default Re: Paseo District

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Didn't they originate as a vegan donut truck?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Didn't they originate as a vegan donut truck?
    yes.

Not everybody gets up at the ass-crack of dawn and goes to bed at 10....
    This. In fact due to my schedule, late night is when I am the most active.

If anywhere in OKC could support something like this late night, it's probably the Paseo. Regardless, I am really glad this is opening and it will be a great addition to the neighborhood.

This. In fact due to my schedule, late night is when I am the most active.

If anywhere in OKC could support something like this late night, it's probably the Paseo. Regardless, I am really glad this is opening and it will be a great addition to the neighborhood.
    Yeah, I thought later hours would be perfect for the Paseo, but the lady at the Paseo Arts office (had to pick up a new OKCityCard) yesterday said it might be like Pete said - waiting until more things are up, then extending their hours.

19. Default Re: Paseo District

I asked them about this on their instagram page and they said this is only temporary until they get their training wheels off. Will have later hours in the future but not sure how late.

20. Default Re: Paseo District

I hadn’t seen this thread before and accidentally hit the 1st page from 2007 instead of the latest posts. The first thing I thought was, Paseo is nothing at all like this, not even close. Then I saw the date of the post. Paseo has come a long way in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I wish they’d make Paseo St. pedestrian only with the streetcar going through it and vehicle traffic can use Dewey.
    This is a wonderful idea!

So happy Holey Rollers is open primarily for the coffee! The Paseo strip didn't have a walk-in espresso shop. My family and I were there at 8:15 this Sunday and I can see that becoming a regular trip.

Also, Picasso's has started selling a bottled, 16 oz version of their cold brew. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Wait, you don't want to be a 6 lane highway???

Kathy's looks like it's closing as the owner is retiring. That is a very prominent location on the Paseo. Does anybody know if there is anything that is taking its place?

$700,000 building permit filed for 500 NW 28th. Looks like the SW/C of Walker and NW 28th Street.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-buil...rticle/5585887

Thread Information