Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OU College of Medicine

Health Science Center OU College of Medicine

SE corner of Phillips & Young
    $58 million
    architect=Bockus Payne
    9 stories

Information & Latest News

From OU: This project involves the construction of an academic office building with a total of 150,000 gross square feet to accommodate the critical administrative office space needs of the College of Medicine. The project also includes a 400 space covered parking structure. The facility will allow for critical program growth in departments and sections of the College of Medicine and provide space for new faculty. The estimated total project cost is $58,000,000. Funding in the amount of $3,000,000 is proposed from Departmental funds and $55,000,000 from the University Hospitals Authority and Trust funds

March 2014: Site work has commenced
    Links

Oklahoma Architects | Corporate Office | Healthcare | Interiors | Bockus Payne
    County Assessor Record

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumedskywalk.jpg 
Views:	1313 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	7443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumedgarage.jpg 
Views:	1303 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	7449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumedelevations.jpg 
Views:	1307 
Size:	262.2 KB 
ID:	7442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumedicine3a.jpg 
Views:	1383 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	7448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumedicine4a.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	7445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumedicine1a.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	7446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumedicine2a.jpg 
Views:	1372 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	7447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumed041414.jpg 
Views:	1342 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	7444  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumed063014.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	8443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumed081014.jpg 
Views:	1920 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	8893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oumed012715.jpg 
Views:	1377 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	10065  

Default Re: Health Sciences Center

Good find G. Walker

^

That was a $33 million project but I no longer see it on the OUHSC capital project list.

I think lots of things changed when they paid $85 million for the research park:

http://www.facilitiesmgmt.ouhsc.edu/...PCBook-OKC.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

That was a $33 million project but I no longer see it on the OUHSC capital project list.

I think lots of things changed when they paid $85 million for the research park:

http://www.facilitiesmgmt.ouhsc.edu/...PCBook-OKC.pdf
    Well that's a downer, considering it wipes out space for biotech startups as well as negates a new OUHSC bldg. are we just throwing in the towel on having a biotech park?

there's plenty of space in the phf research park... why do you think that isn't sufficient? -M

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    there's plenty of space in the phf research park... why do you think that isn't sufficient? -M
    I'm not sure I understand what OU wants to do with the PHF Research Park. It was being used for biotech companies, but now that it belongs to OU, I read they want to use it for cancer research space. Are they going to allow biotech companies and start ups to rent there? Is it killing the chances of other new campus construction?

I will say just for the looks of it, I'm sad that this purchase killed off the building that G Walker posted. Would've been a nice addition to campus.

EDIT: I think this building was to be located on the SE corner of Phillips and Stanton L Young. If that's the case, I will say that I have seen crews out working in the parking lot taking soil samples and doing some other drilling.

I doubt the timing of OU buying the research park is unrelated to the GE Global Research Center.

I'm sure long-term plans will become much more clear when that location is announced.

HangryHippo Guest

I doubt the timing of OU buying the research park is unrelated to the GE Global Research Center.

I'm sure long-term plans will become much more clear when that location is announced.
    I don't follow. Why would the timing of the two be related?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what OU wants to do with the PHF Research Park. It was being used for biotech companies, but now that it belongs to OU, I read they want to use it for cancer research space. Are they going to allow biotech companies and start ups to rent there? Is it killing the chances of other new campus construction?

I will say just for the looks of it, I'm sad that this purchase killed off the building that G Walker posted. Would've been a nice addition to campus.

EDIT: I think this building was to be located on the SE corner of Phillips and Stanton L Young. If that's the case, I will say that I have seen crews out working in the parking lot taking soil samples and doing some other drilling.
    Yup, it appears to be on the same side of the street as the new Stevenson Cancer Center.

10. Default Re: Health Sciences Center

put GE in the research park buildings?

shoot, while I'm glad it appears as if OKC may very well win the location for GE - I was hoping it would be new construction to add to the Oklahoma Health Center and make a cohesive district. Maybe OU will be more aggressive and build a better research park or better yet - perhaps GE will squat at the research park while a new building/complex nearby is constructed for them.

There's always hope.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Pete, the new OU College of Medicine building has not been cancelled. It's location is the se/c of Phillips and Young and the building is on schedule. Also, the OU purchase of the PHF Research Park is unrelated to the GE announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by DelCamino View Post
    Pete, the new OU College of Medicine building has not been cancelled. It's location is the se/c of Phillips and Young and the building is on schedule. Also, the OU purchase of the PHF Research Park is unrelated to the GE announcement.
    Awesome! OU was on a building boom and now they seem stagnant. I hope GE is located south of OU and this building gets started next year. We could see a few more cranes in that area. I miss all the cranes over there.

I hope that OU has a plan to keep the biotech as well as working with PHF to keep and bring more biotechs to OKC. If the two of them can join forces it would boad well for research and start ups. Utilizing cheap student labor is key to pulling research away from NC, Cali, and the Northeast.

HangryHippo Guest

Del, can you shed some light on the timeline for the new OU College of Medicine building? What's the schedule?

Groundbreaking is scheduled for this winter with a couple of years of construction.

HangryHippo Guest

Groundbreaking is scheduled for this winter with a couple of years of construction.
    That's great news. I hope you're right about it not being cancelled.

Default Re: OU College of Medicine Academic Office Building

Del knows, which is why I've created a new, official thread for this project.

Great news and more construction cranes on the way!

HangryHippo Guest

Del knows, which is why I've created a new, official thread for this project.

Great news and more construction cranes on the way!
    Excellent! This will be an exciting addition to the campus.

The old medical school was gross even when I was a student. Good news.

19. Default Re: OU College of Medicine Academic Office Building

Anyone else immediately think of Coka Cola?

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: OU College of Medicine

Any word on when this is set to actually begin?

Sometime this year is all I remember them saying. Sadly this building wont be for students...pretty much a new building for administration and office space for clinicians/researchers who teach as well. The 1st and 2nd year students will still be in the Basic Sciences Education Building. Might be some study spaces and meeting areas, but that sounds like the extent of it for students.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    Sometime this year is all I remember them saying. Sadly this building wont be for students...pretty much a new building for administration and office space for clinicians/researchers who teach as well. The 1st and 2nd year students will still be in the Basic Sciences Education Building. Might be some study spaces and meeting areas, but that sounds like the extent of it for students.
    Delcamino previously indicated that it would break ground sometime this winter...

HangryHippo Guest

The site work for this project is well under way now if anyone else cares.

This will be a nice addition,, hopefully it spurs more development.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    The site work for this project is well under way now if anyone else cares.

Do you mean they've torn up the existing parking lot?

There hasn't been any building permits issued for this project as of yet.

Thread Information