• Coffee Shop
    • Sundries Shop
    • Restaurant for lease

Links

Downtown Hotel Summary
    Urban Project Summary
    County Assessor Record
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft1a.jpg 
Views:	1137 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	6455   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft6a.jpg 
Views:	1331 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	6456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft5.jpg 
Views:	1349 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	1620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft7.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	1622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft8.jpg 
Views:	501 
Size:	241.3 KB 
ID:	1623   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft1214d.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	5716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft012314c.jpg 
Views:	1643 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	6350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft012314b.jpg 
Views:	1636 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	6349  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft012314a.jpg 
Views:	1662 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	6348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11187744504_e137d71040_h.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	753.6 KB 
ID:	5573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11187850083_a731093dc5_h.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	893.9 KB 
ID:	5574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	1099 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	5640   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft1214a.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	5717   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft1214b.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	5718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft1214c.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	5719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft11314a.jpg 
Views:	1992 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	6091  

Name:	aloft11314b.jpg 
Views:	1951 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	6092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft11314c.jpg 
Views:	1966 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	6093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft11314d.jpg 
Views:	1965 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	6094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft11314e.jpg 
Views:	1969 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	6095   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft11314f.jpg 
Views:	1955 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	6096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft11314g.jpg 
Views:	2193 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	6097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft11314h.jpg 
Views:	1984 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	6098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft11314i.jpg 
Views:	1989 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	6099  

Name:	aloft032014.jpg 
Views:	1763 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	7078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft012314g.jpg 
Views:	1645 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	6354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft012314e.jpg 
Views:	1627 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	6352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft012314d.jpg 
Views:	1643 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	6351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloft012314f.jpg 
Views:	1640 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	6353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alofteast.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	6457   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloftwest.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	6458  
    Last edited by Pete; 03-19-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Default Re: Aloft Hotel Coming to OKC!

Anyone notice a trend.

At a glance
    New Century Properties:

• Hilton Garden Inn, Northwest Expressway and May Avenue (set to open in August).

• 809 Sports Grill, Northwest Expressway and May Avenue (set to open in August).

• Avanti Bar & Grill, Memorial Road and May Avenue (opened 2009).

• Courtyard Marriott Hotel, Memorial Road and May Avenue (opened 2008).

• La Quinta Inn and Suites Quail Springs, Memorial Road and May Avenue (opened 2004).

• Holiday Inn Express, Northwest Expressway and May Avenue (opened 1999).

Read more: $18 million Aloft hotel planned for Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce | NewsOK.com
    ...and this new hotel is going to be in Maywood Park

Notice how it has 12,000 sq feet of retail and is being located right next to where people live. Retail in Bricktown needs to pay attention.

4. Default Re: Aloft Hotel Coming to OKC!

Before I jump around all crazy like in excitement, is this legit?

For the price-point, Aloft is way cool. I always try and stay in one when I travel.

5. Default Re: Aloft Hotel Coming to OKC!

Much cooler looking than the standard cookie cutter shoebox hotel as well. Sweet!

I bet this completely kills any chance of the Embassy over in the OMRF area.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post

For the price-point, Aloft is way cool. I always try and stay in one when I travel.
    The only thing that gives me hope this will actually be built is that the same company is the developer, owner, and operator.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post

Why would it not be legit?

8. Default Re: Aloft Hotel Coming to OKC!

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Maybe I should rephrase: I hope this project has legs and is more than just a pretty picture and press release.

If just a 1/3 of the hotels announced for the downtown area had been built downtown OKC would have more hotels than you can shake a stick at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    If just a 1/3 of the hotels announced for the downtown area had been built downtown OKC would have more hotels than you can shake a stick at.
    I have faith that this one will be built. Looking at the developers reputation and his current/past hotel developments, he seems quite "legit". In addition, the VP of development for Starwood Hotels was on hand so I don't feel he would be wasting his valuable time coming to OKC if he did not think it was not a viable development. The only thing that I could forsee it not being a done deal if economic conditions change drastically for the worse, or financing does not come through for the project. Again, I feel quite confident it is a done deal!

12. Default Re: Aloft Hotel Coming to OKC!

Cuatrode, I have every reason to believe this is legit. For what it's worth, the Holiday Inn project was also very legit - but in that case the project lost its financing with the crash whereas this is a developer who is continuing to get financing after the crash. The Candlewood Inn had and still has financing - but some questionable judgment was used in site selection that appears to have doomed that project. I've tried to limit reporting to projects that appear to be legit. There are three or four other deals out there possible and I'm waiting to see if they are real.

Is there a magical number of total rooms in the OKC area that OKC can have before it becomes oversaturated?

I just hope it gets built as proposed. Hopefully, the proposal wasn't just the typical concept submitted to get OCURA approval, only to be built however they want because developers seem to know OCURA has no authority, or at least won't excercise it.

It will be interesting to see how retail pans out up there and how connected they can make it to bricktown. 12,000 isn't a whole lot of space, but good enough for a few nice boutiques, which is what they say they are going for. It will be interesting to see if Maywood ends up getting finished out with more of a mixed use strategy than what was originally proposed. If so, maybe one day those brownstones will actually be worth their asking price.... ok, maybe not. : )

I am super excited at the prospect of this great brand of hotel brininging its unique flavor to Deep Duce and its positive effect that will go a long way in supporting the developments taking place there as well as supporting bricktown!

I hope that the exterior materials are brick, metal and stone rather than EIFS. I am always dubious of designs that show a great deal of beige in the design renderings because they all too often get value engineered to be the cheapest exterior system and all to often it is EIFS or one of its evil twin systems. I wouldn't mind if there was some of it at higher levels in areas where guests and patrons could not touch or interact with it. Anywhere where they can should be more substantial and tactile material. Gives the building a feeling of permanence and quality rather than throwaway cheap and dirty construction and design.

I have very high hopes for this and like the massing and attention to the forms of the building. Should fit nicely on that corner adjacent to the Bridge. This is awesome!

Thats awesome! I stayed at an Aloft when I went to Denver last month. It was like staying inside an IKEA store. Its good to see the Deep Deuce/Maywood park area finally fill in.

One question though. Is the illustration shown the approved design of the hotel? And if not, whats its chances of getting approved without any major alterations from the review board?

Saw this in today's DO. This "brand" of hotel would be a great fit for BT and the Downtown area. This would add to the urban density and experience since they will be building on land that has a "partial" surface lot! This will raise the bar for hotel accomodations. Their sister hotels are known as the "W" Hotel another upscale hotel with the closest one being in Downtown Dallas.

$18 million Aloft hotel planned for Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce | NewsOK.com
    Nice. This news definitely brightens my stressful day. Deep Deuce will be a nice location too. Glad to see this brand finally enter OKC.

18. Default Re: Aloft Hotel Coming to OKC!

This will happen. Anybody that knows Jim Thompson knows that whatever the guy sets his mind to happens. Super nice guy and is a great architect by the way. Jim is no spring chicken but you wouldn't know it by his work pace, attitude, etc. As a young man he designed and built the first high-rise on Northwest Expressway years ago with the old "Executive Terrace" building. He nursed it along for years and years. It was quite the "thing" at the time with balconies for every office and a snack bar in the lobby, it was pretty special. He tore his baby down to build the Hilton Garden Inn next to his Holiday Inn Express. BTW, Jim is also a novelist and a damn good one at that! He never had the literary succerss as the "other" Jim Thompson, but he's actually very good. I'm glad to see him bring the ALOFT brand to OKC. I can't help but wish nothing but the best of luck to Jim in his latest endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by OU Adonis View Post
    Is there a magical number of total rooms in the OKC area that OKC can have before it becomes oversaturated?
    I can say for certain that there is need for hotels downtown... last month was one of the best months for hotels downtown EVER.

Just last night last night EVERY hotel downtown was sold out... tonight as well... oh and Friday too (nearly).

It's become a challenge to find a downtown room on Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays lately.... and that is mainly regular business travel.

Based on how well the Hampton Inn has done in Bricktown, I'm sure there is plenty of capacity for this place.

This is great news! Also adds something a little more stylish and trendy to the area which is needed.

You gotta love that, difficulty in room availability is the kind of indicator that there is much more demand and a market for additional quality hotels in the Downtown area! Good Times!

22. Default Re: Aloft Hotel Coming to OKC!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Cuatrode, I have every reason to believe this is legit. For what it's worth, the Holiday Inn project was also very legit - but in that case the project lost its financing with the crash whereas this is a developer who is continuing to get financing after the crash. The Candlewood Inn had and still has financing - but some questionable judgment was used in site selection that appears to have doomed that project. I've tried to limit reporting to projects that appear to be legit. There are three or four other deals out there possible and I'm waiting to see if they are real.
    I'm thrilled then. I'm a big fan of Aloft. And if it gets built somewhat like the rendering, I'll be doublely thrilled. It's quite attractive.

That's a good looking project

I didn't realize how tight the Hotel space was downtown. Thats great news. Hopefully we will see some more development in that regard.

This is awesome! I love aloft hotels! I have stayed at many different ones, and they are all nice and trendy. The bar area is really cool in most of them. It will be nice to have a different type of nightlife in DD.

Thread Information