Widgets Magazine
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8535455565758
Results 1,426 to 1,442 of 1442

Thread: Aloft Hotel

Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Several negotiations took place, and some restaurants landed elsewhere.

The owner seems to think it's worth much more than anyone is willing to pay.

It's so dumb…because we're closing in on 2 years worth of income at this point. So if people were offering you 75% of what you wanted for a 5-year lease, you now need 125% of what you were originally asking just to hit what you would have made by taking the "lowball" offer to begin with. And if oil does indeed cause a slow-down, your chances of getting even the 75% is way low.

Incredibly poor management for brand new space to be sitting vacant for 24 months.

Oh well…their loss, another development's gain.

For all the great residential in Deep Deuce, the last few times I've been in the area the streets have been completely dead. I'm not an expert here, but it seems Deep Deuce is just not a destination as a district. People probably go to Deep Deuce because they want to go to a specific restaurant/bar/coffee shop, but they don't walk around and check out various places much. Maybe this would have been different if Level had incorporated a bit more retail spaces. Maybe not. Or maybe my observations are off. Regardless, it seems like Anchor Down could benefit from that space being activated.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    For all the great residential in Deep Deuce, the last few times I've been in the area the streets have been completely dead. I'm not an expert here, but it seems Deep Deuce is just not a destination as a district. People probably go to Deep Deuce because they want to go to a specific restaurant/bar/coffee shop, but they don't walk around and check out various places much. Maybe this would have been different if Level had incorporated a bit more retail spaces. Maybe not. Or maybe my observations are off. Regardless, it seems like Anchor Down could benefit from that space being activated.
    The issue is OKC doesn't yet understand how retail corridors in urban areas are supposed to work. It's getting there, but city planners here should take a trip to places like San Francisco or NYC to see how retail is done there.

In OKC and especially in Deep Deuce, there needs to be specific corridors where retail is clustered as to create synergy. Doing this will not only make a specific street a retail destination but will also help bring in better quality retail that people wish downtown had. The remainder of the streets have no retail and are quiet, residential oriented. Throwing a retail space into every development with no real plan or vision isn't going to create that synergy. It has to be clustered.

OKC has an excellent opportunity to do this as Deep Deuce expands northward.

DD is, to me, a residential space. I'm not sure a high-end spot would do well in the aloft space. Anchor Down and DD Grill do well, but Slaughters Hall is rarely busy, Urban Johnnie is hit or miss, and I rarely see the WXYZ busy. DD is where people live, not where people visit.

Slaughter's Hall has picked up significantly.

They are doing pretty well now and so is WSKY.

They've worked and tweaked both those concepts significantly and it's paid off.

7. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

^^^^^
    With the exception of Powerhouse, nearly everyplace currently killing it in central OKC is on a heavily-traveled through street. Deep Duece (surprisingly) has a bit of a location challenge. ESPECIALLY east of Walnut. The restaurants in Maywood II will benefit from their Walnut frontage, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Slaughter's Hall has picked up significantly.

They are doing pretty well now and so is WSKY.

They've worked and tweaked both those concepts significantly and it's paid off.
    I get to Slaughter 1-2x a week, and they're doing better, but not what I'd call busy. WSKY seems to be picking up.

Slaughter's is much busier on weekend nights and when they host live jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^
    With the exception of Powerhouse
    Are they not doing good? Last time I was there it was popping a little.. I really like that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Slaughter's is much busier on weekend nights and when they host live jazz.
    I missed that last night, I'll make it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Are they not doing good? Last time I was there it was popping a little.. I really like that place.
    Re-read his post, he said they're doing well despite location.

Re-read his post, he said they're doing well despite location.
    Thank you. I messed that up.

Bringing this thread up from the grave.

Does anyone know who to contact to help encourage Aloft to repair a noisy (maybe kitchen) exhaust fan on the north side of the building? It has been rattling nonstop for about a month and it is obnoxious at the street level. I would be surprised if Bar Cicchetti hasn't said something about it as it is directly across from their patio where they often have live music.

I tried the city action center to no avail. They don't really have any categories that deal with noise complaint items (that I could easily find).

15. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Bringing this thread up from the grave.

Does anyone know who to contact to help encourage Aloft to repair a noisy (maybe kitchen) exhaust fan on the north side of the building? It has been rattling nonstop for about a month and it is obnoxious at the street level. I would be surprised if Bar Cicchetti hasn't said something about it as it is directly across from their patio where they often have live music.

I tried the city action center to no avail. They don't really have any categories that deal with noise complaint items (that I could easily find).
    Why not just call/email and address it directly with the general manager?

Levitate Grill recently opened in the Aloft Hotel Downtown OKC.
    https://levitategrill.com/

Nice, will need to check this out.

Thread Information