Widgets Magazine
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 449505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1442

Thread: Aloft Hotel

Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    If it's outdoors, you really can't ban smoking and this isn't California.
    Understood. They should at least put out some ashtrays so people can properly dispose of their butts rather than littering the floor with them.

2. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

So there is no law saying where you can smoke on a military installation in oklahoma or that requires you to be a certain distance away from doors?

On private property they absolutely can ban smoking, even if it's outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    On private property they absolutely can ban smoking, even if it's outdoors.
    You can not smoke on a state facility as well. None of the buildings in the Capitol complex allows smoking in or around the building, outside or not. People walk across Lincoln and smoke on the next street over. Smoking in the parking lot in your car is not allowed.

Do they allow smoking at the O Bar, inside or on the patio?

6. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Allowed on the patio. I can't think of many (or any) of the new bars that have opened that allow smoking indoors. Granted, most of them are a restuarant/bar combo so it would be far less likely. Good trend in my opinion.

7. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

They even have a small humidor. Honestly - as a non-smoker (occasional cigars) - a rooftop patio is where smoking belongs. I have no problem with it. And the night Chris was complaining about was absolutely still, which rarely happens in Oklahoma. I do agree though that if they allow it they should provide (regularly-emptied/cleaned) ashtrays.

Sure you can. Most open air stadiums (be it football, baseball, high school, college, professional) have banned smoking. The zoo is smoke free. Etc. and so on.

Chesapeake does not allow smoking anywhere on their campus, even in the individual's car. They have to get in their car and drive off of campus to smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    They even have a small humidor. Honestly - as a non-smoker (occasional cigars) - a rooftop patio is where smoking belongs. .
    Plenty of non-smokers would disagree with you, me being one.

Absolutely hate being around it and don't like it when beautiful outdoors space -- which I almost always prefer to indoors -- becomes a concentrated smoking porch.

Absolutely hate being around it and don't like it when beautiful outdoors space -- which I almost always prefer to indoors -- becomes a concentrated smoking porch.
    +1

The Aloft patio deserves better than that.

+1000

13. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

how can they stop you from smoking in your car?

I don't smoke and hate it where im going but even I believe a smoker should do as they wish in their own space/car/house.

smoking is banned pretty much everywhere up here but plenty smoke in their cars, yes, I can smell them on the freeway - I just get out of their vector or pass them altogether but I don't care what they do. I don't think my company has law prohibiting smoking in car - just don't see how it could be enforced.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

^

When there is a smoking ban on a property and your car is parked there, the ban is still in effect.

This is exactly how it works in schools. Teachers (and students, for that matter) can't merely slip out to their cars and smoke.

15. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

hm, Im not sure that is the case here or if I is even enforceable. Just drive off is someone is coming. lol?

16. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Meh, smoke goes up. I'm not bothered by a rooftop. ESPECIALLY if it is big enough to have smoking and non-smoking areas. What is important to me is that interiors aren't sullied with it, unless it is specifically a place like WSKY.

Sid - Looking forward to hearing your observations on the progress in Deep Deuce, and if it's improved any.

18. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Yes, looking forward to Sid.a insider assessment of the city. :..

Bump

Why do they force you to use Valet? Can you explain your experience with that? If I was visiting from out of town, I would not like that. It would waste my time (and money).

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Burgess View Post
    The garage entrance on Walnut is blocked and you can only enter the garage from under the canopy. Where they meet you and have a rope across to stop you. You pull up and they tell you that it is valet parking only in the garage. You get out and they drive your car 50' and park it.

The garage was almost entirely empty the entire time. I'm not sure how many people will need to park a car when staying at this hotel simply because of its location, either. I'm sure there are some (like you, maybe). But I'm curious.
    This was a peeve of mine also when I recently attended an event in the meeting space. I drove around the block a couple of times looking for an entrance to the garage before If found out that you have to use valet. My parking cost was covered by the event but I still had to tip the valet parker.

Unfortunate how badly our skyline is marred by parking facilities. Any thoughts on how the surrounding neighborhood is progressing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Burgess View Post
    I'm genuinely curious to see how much foot traffic there will be when all the apartments are finished.
    I would certainly think it will have to be a noticeable difference, Sid. There will be a significant change in the number of people in that area on a regular basis.

Yeah, assuming 1.5 per unit which is generally the downtown standard, the Deep Deuce area could see:

400 at Steelyard?
    50+ more at The Hill?
    150 at Mosaic
    300 at Maywood Phase II
    450 at Metropolitan?

OKSEA open as a new attraction?

Redevelopment beginning to happen along Harrison? LEVEL East coming after all the under-construction projects? 4-5 more hotels added to the mix?

I am curious to see how vibrant Deep Deuce could be if we do it right, which is always the question in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Yeah, assuming 1.5 per unit which is generally the downtown standard, the Deep Deuce area could see:

400 at Steelyard?
    50+ more at The Hill?
    150 at Mosaic
    300 at Maywood Phase II
    450 at Metropolitan?

OKSEA open as a new attraction?

Redevelopment beginning to happen along Harrison? LEVEL East coming after all the under-construction projects? 4-5 more hotels added to the mix?

I am curious to see how vibrant Deep Deuce could be if we do it right, which is always the question in OKC.
    Deep Deuce is getting close to being done already so I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. It's going to be vibrant with what is already happening.

Thread Information