Widgets Magazine
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1442

Thread: Aloft Hotel

Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Remember, Don Karchmer is still actively working with the City to fill in that big lot in the foreground with an office/parking structure and it would pretty much block the old Santa Fe Garage.

Let's hope that the quality of that garage is something we would actually want to look at and... that they leave our damn rail alignment alone.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    I'm kind of tired of pools that aren't big enough to actually swim in.
    Does seem to be a trend with this pool, the one at Ambassador, the Bricktown hotels...

The original proposal looked pretty sharp and I know they have been working with the City to preserve the rail corridor.

They do have spatial concerns. And I would rather them have a pool than not have a pool. But as a swimmer, I wish there were more outdoor options that you could actually swim in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The original proposal looked pretty sharp and I know they have been working with the City to preserve the rail corridor.
    Let's just hope that involves the maximum potentially needed space and curvature and not the minimum requirements. If they are going to preserve it as promised, hopefully it will be designed to accommodate all phases of the planned future rail system and not simply the minimum to maximize the development potential to the developer for the short term. Sorry for the cynicism, just been around the block a few times.

I understand.

Of course, everything now is just conceptual. Before moving forward there would be the usual design approval process .

It's interesting that the Devon Tower is COMPLETELY blocked from view by the Chase building!

I'm with Betts on the pool thing... was just saying to my husband this morning it's been a long time since we haven't had access to a pool, even though we never seemed to use it much. Still, not having it is going to make me miss it. I'd love it if Aloft opened it up to public access or memberships. That would be cool...

Quote Originally Posted by benjenn View Post
    I'm with Betts on the pool thing... was just saying to my husband this morning it's been a long time since we haven't had access to a pool, even though we never seemed to use it much. Still, not having it is going to make me miss it. I'd love it if Aloft opened it up to public access or memberships. That would be cool...
    Is this not a possibility for you?

EDWARD L. GAYLORD DOWNTOWN YMCA

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Is this not a possibility for you?

EDWARD L. GAYLORD DOWNTOWN YMCA
    There are pools for exercising and pools for relaxing. I can't imagine catching a few rays of sunshine next to the Y pool in a comfy lounger with an ice cold beer or glass of wine while reading a book. (especially since the Y pool is inside)

and wine is plant based so would be right up BenJenn's alley

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    I agree about the garage. Something needs to be done with that monstrosity. And it would be very cool to have something done with the large parking lot down there.
    When I use to work at Liberty Bank in the 1980's, I would park at a surface lot (because it was a lot cheaper) near the current location of the Loft Hotel and would walk to the bank around the end of the Santa Fe garage. It always reminded me of a massive classic 'city wall' from some ancient, or medieval City.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    There are pools for exercising and pools for relaxing. I can't imagine catching a few rays of sunshine next to the Y pool in a comfy lounger with an ice cold beer or glass of wine while reading a book. (especially since the Y pool is inside)
    Very true. I was just responding to the suggestion of not having access to a pool.

15. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Strolled through the Aloft after the game Saturday night. Thought the interior was cool with a lot of concrete and glass and the overall layout was top notch. XYZ should be a hit with the area.

We were there Friday night. Saw a few local "celebrities". Great night!

These are from catch22.

Really love seeing the street in good shape and the sidewalks open... This area is turning into something special:

Wine is definitely right up our alley. And yeah, we're members at the Y but that is not the kind of pool I'll miss having this summer.

19. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

I love the 6th floor balcony / bar!! It was so cool that I had to take a selfie up there last week in front of the skyline. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Ideally hotel pools would be big enough to do both. Morning swim versus afternoon chill.

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    We were there Friday night. Saw a few local "celebrities". Great night!
    just curious, what makes one a local celebrity?

22. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
    News personalities, local CEOs, anyone who is well known locally but not nationally... even short, handsome, bald djs. ;-p

23. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
    Jesse Jane

24. Default Re: Aloft Hotel

OKC's most famous (infamous) barfly.

Anyone try the coffee bar?

Thread Information