Widgets Magazine
Page 59 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95455565758596061626364109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2821

Thread: Wheeler District

1. Default Re: Wheeler District

Default Re: Wheeler District

From this afternoon:

If any of you are in the Facebook group OKC Now and Then, I think the name is, you should read what was posted about the Wheeler District this afternoon. I suppose there are more ignorant and mildly racist people out there than I thought. They most definitely do not approve of this development. /Sigh

Whoops, double post. Nothing to see here. The Wheeler District will be awesome. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    If any of you are in the Facebook group OKC Now and Then, I think the name is, you should read what was posted about the Wheeler District this afternoon. I suppose there are more ignorant and mildly racist people out there than I thought. They most definitely do not approve of this development. /Sigh
    The reality is we all surround ourselves with people much like ourselves and the internet and particularly social media is shocking when you get a glimpse of how a good chunk of the populace really behaves and believes.

It's the on-line version of going to the fair... Then you go back to your little protected world and forget there are so, so many people that are different than yourself.

Thank you for the update. Are there any official plans that are more in depth than the ones previously shown earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The reality is we all surround ourselves with people much like ourselves and the internet and particularly social media is shocking when you get a glimpse of how a good chunk of the populace really behaves and believes.

It's the on-line version of going to the fair... Then you go back to your little protected world and forget there are so, so many people that are different than yourself.
    Classic !

Will this development have a wall around it? Or will it be open , non gated..

10. Default Re: Wheeler District

^^^^^^^^^
    Non-gated. Physical connection to the community and walkability are its key principles. The Western frontage will include commercial/retail that serves everyone; not just residents.

Are there any detailed renderings and site plans for what this area will be?

That's a big chunk of land! What percentage of the total project is that?

Anyone on here signing up for the block party?

Quote Originally Posted by HHE View Post
    Anyone on here signing up for the block party?
    details?

Hope you are well! We wanted to personally thank you for your continued support of Wheeler, and make sure you were one of the first to get information as we release plans for Wheeler Home.

Over the past three years, we have been working to pull together all of the pieces – the plan and approvals, the architects and builders, the streets and shops – laying the foundation to deliver on the whole Wheeler experience.

Now, we are ready to take the next step! With the creation of Wheeler Home, an in-house homebuilding company led by Greg McAlister, we have an experienced team ready to deliver new Wheeler Homes with thoughtful design and beautiful craftsmanship. We have a variety of housing plans, price points, styles and amenities that will be released in the coming weeks. You can claim your spot, and be one of the first to review plans and select your home, by placing a (fully refundable) $1,000 deposit, and joining The Block Party.

What is The Block Party? The Block Party is an opportunity for Wheeler’s future neighbors to check out home plans, review pricing, meet our team, and get to know one another just a little better before deciding to help us make Wheeler Oklahoma City’s next great urban neighborhood.

By joining The Block Party you’ll receive:
    An exclusive invitation to our Home Plan Release Event at the Holiday Pop-up Shops on Sunday, November 19th.
    First priority in reviewing home plans and pricing, and selecting your new lot, and
    The opportunity to be counted among the first urban pioneers to call Wheeler home.
    And of course, if you decide it’s not the right time to make the move, then your deposit will be refunded in full.

You can claim your spot by following this link: https://www.wheelerdistrict.com/home/

Hope to see you at The Block Party and appreciate you considering calling Wheeler home!

Sincerely,

Team Wheeler

17. Default Re: Wheeler District

Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Ugh
    Ugh?

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Ugh?
    Acronym - Ultra great homes...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazio85 View Post
    Hope you are well! We wanted to personally thank you for your continued support of Wheeler, and make sure you were one of the first to get information as we release plans for Wheeler Home.

Over the past three years, we have been working to pull together all of the pieces – the plan and approvals, the architects and builders, the streets and shops – laying the foundation to deliver on the whole Wheeler experience.

Now, we are ready to take the next step! With the creation of Wheeler Home, an in-house homebuilding company led by Greg McAlister, we have an experienced team ready to deliver new Wheeler Homes with thoughtful design and beautiful craftsmanship. We have a variety of housing plans, price points, styles and amenities that will be released in the coming weeks. You can claim your spot, and be one of the first to review plans and select your home, by placing a (fully refundable) $1,000 deposit, and joining The Block Party.

What is The Block Party? The Block Party is an opportunity for Wheeler’s future neighbors to check out home plans, review pricing, meet our team, and get to know one another just a little better before deciding to help us make Wheeler Oklahoma City’s next great urban neighborhood.

By joining The Block Party you’ll receive:
    An exclusive invitation to our Home Plan Release Event at the Holiday Pop-up Shops on Sunday, November 19th.
    First priority in reviewing home plans and pricing, and selecting your new lot, and
    The opportunity to be counted among the first urban pioneers to call Wheeler home.
    And of course, if you decide it’s not the right time to make the move, then your deposit will be refunded in full.

You can claim your spot by following this link: https://www.wheelerdistrict.com/home/

Hope to see you at The Block Party and appreciate you considering calling Wheeler home!

Sincerely,

Team Wheeler
    Love the idea

Quote Originally Posted by ross maclochness View Post
    acronym - ultra great homes...
    winner.

22. Default Re: Wheeler District

McAlister does great work.. There's no way I'm moving from my current digs but I'm excited enough to at least daydream about shelling out the $1000 for this.

23. Default Re: Wheeler District

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Ugh?
    Requiring people to put down a 1K deposit really shoots the "mixed-income neighborhood" idea right in the foot. Of course, they say they want mixed income, but nothing they've shown us has indicated it will actually be that.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Requiring people to put down a 1K deposit really shoots the "mixed-income neighborhood" idea right in the foot. Of course, they say they want mixed income, but nothing they've shown us has indicated it will actually be that.
    I don't think you have to have the deposit to buy here, once they start building. It seems to me they want input and by requiring a deposit they can limit the input down to people who are seriously considering it. A grand is a good deal of money, but it's really not a lot in the grand scheme of things. If I were closer to buying I'd consider it.

25. Default Re: Wheeler District

Yeah, you just have to put in a deposit to get early access to the plans and lot to see if you like what is happening. And then you get the opportunity to buy into the starter 250-300k homes. This is going to allow all of the upper middle class young white couples (frankly, like me) to get in before anyone else. The only houses coming after these will be 600K house and tiny homes. Which again will both probably have some early access that will limit the people who can afford the tiny homes from even getting a chance. I just think it's dumb. It makes sense though. This is really valuable land.

Thread Information