Widgets Magazine

Thread: Old Spaghetti Factory

Default Old Spaghetti Factory

I had the most awesome Spaghetti the other day at the "Old Spaghetti Factory" at Trolley Square in Salt Lake City Utah. Oklahoma could definitely benefit from the "Old Spaghetti Factory" restaurant. -I am surprised they are not in Oklahoma, Guthrie would be a perfect market for them.

Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

We have Spaghetti Warehouse. I have always thought Old Spaghetti Factory and Spaghetti Warehouse are quite similiar. Both open in downtown areas like OKC's Bricktown or Dallas's West End.

Bigray in Ok

airplane777, do you frequent SLC? I'm going to be moving to Ogden in a few weeks, and have been trying to find a forum similar to this one so I can see where people recommend going for good food. I'd love to hear some other dining suggestions/reviews for that area; don't want to hijack the thread though so if you have any I'd appreciate a private message! Thanks

I typically go to Salt Lake City once or twice a year to visit family. My favorite restaurants there are "Old Spaghetti Factory, "The Blue Bird" in Logan, UT. The campus of University of Utah, has the best Ice Cream, "Aggie" Ice Cream, The Campus of BYU has the best Pizza. Salt Lake City has Smith's Grocery owned by Kroger, Sam's Club and Costco.

Temple Square (Latter Day Saints) is a must see, they always have the best looking flowers and the worlds best choir.

Salt Lake City with the help of the LDS church promotes family and moral values. It is a nice wholesome community. I hope you enjoy your stay in SLC.

hope this helps.

Thanks, I appreciate your response! My soon-to-be-hubby is already there (stationed at Hill) and likes it alot so far. I looked up Old Spaghetti Factory online, the food looks great!

I have not ate at Spaghetii Warehouse in years! I need to go there sometime since I work 5 minutes away from Bricktown

7. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    I have not ate at Spaghetii Warehouse in years! I need to go there sometime since I work 5 minutes away from Bricktown
    You're not missing anything....

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    You're not missing anything....
    Yes he/she is, cold spaghetti, stale bread and wilted salad.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    So it went downhill?

It has been a while since I went to the Spaghetti Warehouse in BT. In times past however, I have enjoyed many meals there. Sometimes at lunch with a group, sometimes a lingering meal, sometimes a grab and dash, and sometimes a leisurely dinner.

On occasion, when it was bustling with activity, I found it to be a tad too noisy for my preference. But as I prefer quiet locations, that's no real surprise,a nd i simply try and alter when I visit to avoid the rush periods.

As to the grub ... I find I can't concur with rcjunkie's assessment. I never had a poor meal there. Is it the best place for American/Italian in the metro? No. Is it cold, wilted or stale. Never for me anyway. Sorry to hear it has been for someone else.

I had dinner there about 2 months ago with about 35 people for a meeting. The food was fine, if nothing spectacular. It was not cold, stale, wilted, etc. I had a little problem with the service because we only had one waiter for all of us. He was a good waiter but that's seemed to be too many people for one person to serve effectively and in a timely manner.

12. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

The last time I ate there is the last time I'll eat there.

Spaghetti Warehouse has become a regular stop for us because it is very baby-friendly. They have high-chairs with big trays, there is music and ambient noise so I dont feel bad if the little guy yells a little bit, and a lot of the food is very toddler friendly.

That is why the Old Spaghetti Factory beats Spaghetti Warehouse any day, even if they both have the same "old-fashioned" concept or atmosphere.

15. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

The only thing I like about the Spaghetti Warehouse is the awesome ceiling fan contraption.

Thread Information