Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Stuffed Olive

Default The Stuffed Olive

I finally got a chance to try a new restaurant last night, The Stuffed Olive, and it was great! It's located at 12215 S Pennsylvania Ave, so just South of SW 119th & Penn. It's in the little strip center next door to Brown's Driving School.

The interior is nice; casual and comfy. Staff is great and the owner is really nice. Their set menu is sandwiches, soups & salads. Every day there's a different dinner special. Weds is usually hamburger night with sweet potato fries but the rest of the week is subject to change. They've also got cookies & cakes for dessert.

Last nights special was pasta primavera with pesto grilled chicken and it was fantastic. Friend them on Facebook, they post the daily specials.

The Stuffed Olive - Suburban Southside - Oklahoma City | Urbanspoon

Default Re: The Stuffed Olive

Need to try that. I understand that they split from Two Olives.

dumb name for a restaurant, considering many hate olives.

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    And just as many hate trolls with stupid comments!

Quote Originally Posted by MustangSally View Post
    Need to try that. I understand that they split from Two Olives.
    That is correct. I recognized the owner of The Stuffed Olive from the early days of Two Olives Cafe & asked if the two restaurants were connected and she said that there had been some issues and she decided to sell her interest in Two Olives Cafe to her former business partner.

I've been to both restaurants (Two Olives is closer to home) and their set menu's are basically the same. The Stuffed Olive has a little more on their set menu though, and their daily dinner specials are great & unique to them. It had been a while since I'd had Two Olives & I actually went there before trying The Stuffed Olive and was very disappointed; the food at Two Olives wasn't nearly as good as I remembered it being & the cashier (I had a to-go order) was downright rude. As far as food quality & overall quality goes, I would say that The Stuffed Olive is definitely MUCH better than Two Olives.

Also, the owner just announced that starting the first weekend in June they're going to be open on Sundays for lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    Yeah because "The Olive Garden" was a total disaster. Take your olive hate elsewhere!

I'll have to add this place to my list! Thanks for the info.

They've got their own website now, with a posted menu. Will still have to check facebook or call for daily dinner specials.

Today's (5/28) lunch special is meatloaf sandwiches. Not sure what the dinner special is yet.

Cafe Dining in Oklahoma City and Moore -::- Stuffed Olive Cafe

So it's located right next to Brown's Driving School? In the same strip center?

Quote Originally Posted by andimthomas View Post
    So it's located right next to Brown's Driving School? In the same strip center?
    Yes, on the south side of the strip center or just north across the driveway from Dollar General. Facebook: Welcome to Facebook

I just saw it today. Weird they don't have any signs you can see from the street. Other than the tarp thing across the parking lot...

They've only been open since mid-March. Signs are expensive, sometimes it takes a bit to get a permanent one up.

I love olives and there's also a wonderful restaurant in NYC named, 'Fig & Olive' and it's very popular. Anywho.. my friend goes here often, I have heard many positive reviews on the ownership, service, and food!

Thread Information