Widgets Magazine

Thread: New High-Rise Condo for OU?

Default New High-Rise Condo for OU?

I found that OU might be planning 18 story high-rise (Game Day Condominiums), south of the stadium, it will be mixed-use/condos, on Lindsey, and Jenkins. Here is link from architecture company:

Page Title

Default Re: New High-Rise Condo for OU?

This will be good for OU and Norman, if approved.

3. Default Re: New High-Rise Condo for OU?

It'll be nice to see some more high rise structures in Norman. I'm a bit concerned about adding more though near campus. The infrastructure is already tapped out with student traffic. A smarter solution might to have it either east or south of campus and put in a trolley service.

I think we discussed this a year or two back, sounds like it might be coming to fruition.

5. Default Re: New High-Rise Condo for OU?

The actual project is will consist mainly of athletic dorms with the addition of some game-day condos. The actually height will only be 7 stories.

The University is developing the project and will own the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    It'll be nice to see some more high rise structures in Norman. I'm a bit concerned about adding more though near campus. The infrastructure is already tapped out with student traffic. A smarter solution might to have it either east or south of campus and put in a trolley service.
    Yes, but I think the reason they are building it so close to the stadium is because it will be called (Game Day Condominiums), and people will probably lease them out during football season, like a time share of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    The actual project is will consist mainly of athletic dorms with the addition of some game-day condos. The actually height will only be 7 stories.

The University is developing the project and will own the facility.
    I don't think we are talking about same development.

Uh the OU Athletic Dorms expansion will happen, this pipe dream will not...OU owns the land not this fly by night outfit.

9. Default Re: New High-Rise Condo for OU?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    I don't think we are talking about same development.
    We are. That is the site for the athletic dorms.

I would think there would be major NCAA compliance issues having student athletes and "condos for gameday," or however it is phrased, in the same building, no?

Everything coming out of OU Regents meetings has the new athletic dorms pegged as apartment-style units, 4-6 stories I do believe.

11. Default Re: New High-Rise Condo for OU?

Not that I am aware of. The condos will be accessed separately from the residental spaces.

The ground floor will be restaurant/retail. Above that will be 4 stories of loft-style residential units. The remaining top 2 floors will contain the game-day condos.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Not that I am aware of. The condos will be accessed separately from the residental spaces.

The ground floor will be restaurant/retail. Above that will be 4 stories of loft-style residential units. The remaining top 2 floors will contain the game-day condos.
    Renderings?

13. Default Re: New High-Rise Condo for OU?

I don't have access to them at this time. It's basically a slightly more modern take on the Cherokee Gothic used elsewhere on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFiggins View Post
    Uh the OU Athletic Dorms expansion will happen, this pipe dream will not...OU owns the land not this fly by night outfit.
    fly by night company? You do realize they have built very successful developments at other major universities? I haven't seen one serious post from you yet on this site.

I think they are already starting construction. There is a big pit next to Jenkins that is about 20 feet wide and 15 feet deep and it wraps around to form an L shape. Something big is going in there!

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    I think they are already starting construction. There is a big pit next to Jenkins that is about 20 feet wide and 15 feet deep and it wraps around to form an L shape. Something big is going in there!
    im pretty sure that has to do with the indoor athletic facility but im not sure

anyways i am a student at OU right now and what they need to build there is a PARKING GARAGEEEEE

but that wont happen. I heard that the lot was gonna be a parking lot instead.

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    That pit is for the utility plant they are building on the north side of the Huff.

Quote Originally Posted by twade View Post
    That pit is for the utility plant they are building on the north side of the Huff.
    Yep, is for underground utilities to hook up to new buildings Gould, Collins, Zarrow, Devon, ExxonMobil, Wagner & South Campus buildings as the old utility plant is at capacity.

Thread Information