Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McDonalds NW 23rd & Broadway

Default Re: McDonalds demolished at 23rd & Broadway

I have seriously never had one problem with the 23rd St McD's. The idiots at the N May McD's (near Ted's) on the other hand....

2. Default Re: McDonalds demolished at 23rd & Broadway

I was personally shocked when I drove past the demolished Micky D's on 23rd and Broadway. But it really was old fashioned and outdated on the inside... What I don't understand is why they just didn't remodel the inside instead of ripping the entire building to SHREDS!

By the way... whatever happened to Grimmace and the Cookie Bandit? LMAO! Haven't seen hyde nor hair of them since I was... 10 years old? Maybe 12? lol...

Quote Originally Posted by RoseWilkinson View Post
    I was personally shocked when I drove past the demolished Micky D's on 23rd and Broadway. But it really was old fashioned and outdated on the inside... What I don't understand is why they just didn't remodel the inside instead of ripping the entire building to SHREDS!

By the way... whatever happened to Grimmace and the Cookie Bandit? LMAO! Haven't seen hyde nor hair of them since I was... 10 years old? Maybe 12? lol...
    For a building like that it is cheaper to demo and build new rather than tried to piece together a renovation. There is no real intrinsic value in an existing building like that. For most construction a complete renovation costs more than building new and takes much longer especially when they are doing a complete format change like McDonald's is doing to many locations. There is one here in Austin that they are building a complete new one next to an old one that was remodeled about 5 years ago. It is is still operational and will be torn down once the new one is in service.

Whoever owns the one at Council/NW EXpressway is doing an excellent job, have been for several years. Great staff, always clean, good place to hang out and read a paper on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseWilkinson View Post
    By the way... whatever happened to Grimace and the Cookie Bandit? LMAO! Haven't seen hyde nor hair of them since I was... 10 years old? Maybe 12? lol...
    McDonaldland was largely changed since the creators of H.R. Pufnstuf successfully sued, with the remnants all but defunct since 2007.

6. Default Re: McDonalds demolished at 23rd & Broadway

That was an interesting read about what happened to the McDonald's characters... thanks for sharing!

If I'm not mistaken I thought I had read a few years ago that efficency was the main reason for the rebuilds. McDonald's no longer needs the large kitchens and large dining rooms.

I think the worst McDonald's stores I ever vistied were on the Oklahoma Turnpikes. Chickasha and Wellston are the two worst. Stroud is descent however it needs a remodel.

Chickasha looks like you step back in time to the 80's not mention the inside of the place looked like it needed to be taken through a car wash.

Thread Information