Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131459 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobile Alley

Default Re: Automobile Alley

Also the Habit for Humanity Building next to the Marion Hotel sold to somebody. Lots going on!

NES Properties LLC (whoever that is) bought the old Habitat for Humanity building for $560,000.

It's 8,866 square feet:

3. Default Re: Automobile Alley

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    NES Properties LLC (whoever that is) bought the old Habitat for Humanity building for $560,000.
    Nintendo store! Fire up the rumor mill.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    The 110 place says it is event planning, or something like that. Burgers are an item not currently available on AA, so there's still quite a bit of diversity of cuisine. As more people move downtown, both to work and live, more restaurants are needed.
    Pretty sure they were next door for a couple years now, but they are either an ad agency or event planning, can't remember.

706 N. Broadway (8,070 square feet) was recently sold for $525,000 to something called F&R-6312 LLC.

They have already submitted plans for renovations (first photo is a 'before'):

Renovations are already done

110 has been there for years, they just redid their space.
    Don't think so... Was just sold two months ago and the property was very recently listed on Loopnet.com as vacant and for rent. It was previously occupied by something called Asset Group Inc. and this is the sign that has been on the property for several years.

The application I saw was for a new sign shown in that photo and neon along the top of the roofline.

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    Nintendo store! Fire up the rumor mill.
    Ha, if only. Excited to hear forthcoming news.

8. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Boondocks? Seriously? They are at May and NW Expressway. May not be in your neighborhood, but certainly not in the boondocks. If you were in NYC, 57th street is in the middle of town.
    No, not seriously. That's why I said "just kidding about the boondocks..." in the next sentence/paragraph.

It's 8,866 square feet:

Does anyone else think this seems to be a pretty low price for nearly 9,000sf along automobile alley?

I think the rub is there is very little parking... Just a handful of spaces along 10th and a couple on the street on Broadway.

Don't think so... Was just sold two months ago and the property was very recently listed on Loopnet.com as vacant and for rent. It was previously occupied by something called Asset Group Inc. and this is the sign that has been on the property for several years.

The application I saw was for a new sign shown in that photo and neon along the top of the roofline.
    The the below picture earlier today. Also, here is website: http://www.factor110.com/ . It's been remodeled for at least several weeks now, if not a month or more.

That's weird because it was just on this month's downtown design review minutes, maybe it was just the approval of last month's decision.

Just drove by the Hideaway on 9th and Broadway and it looks like they could be open any day now. There are pictures on the walls, all the light fixtures are in, etc. Wish they could be open by Saturday, my birthday...

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Just drove by the Hideaway on 9th and Broadway and it looks like they could be open any day now. There are pictures on the walls, all the light fixtures are in, etc. Wish they could be open by Saturday, my birthday...
    If the opening is like some of their other openings, you won't want to go there on your birthday. They're usually crazy busy when they open a new store. It will be interesting to see the response to the AA Hideaway. It's another walk-to restaurant for me, so it will be on the rotation.

I bet they have several weeks more to go

Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I follow Urban Neighbors on twitter and they said S&B's was expanding to 9th street.

Here is the post:

"Soon the smell of grilled onions will fill the air! S & B's Burger Joint is expanding to 9th Street this Fall. @SBBurgerjoint #downtownokc"

Any info on this?
    Oh man, I hadn't read this thread in a while. That is fantastic news! Definitely one of my favorite places to eat in the city and a perfect addition to the 9th street area.

I think the rub is there is very little parking... Just a handful of spaces along 10th and a couple on the street on Broadway.
    True, but it's no different than anywhere else around Broadway. I think it could still be a good investment if the properties come with a current parking problem (although Broadway never lacks empty spaces now) considering how we know this will be solved in the future (with restriping coming up soon).

Lots of renovation work ongoing at the NW corner of 10th/Broadway. It's a Clagg building.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    If the opening is like some of their other openings, you won't want to go there on your birthday. They're usually crazy busy when they open a new store. It will be interesting to see the response to the AA Hideaway. It's another walk-to restaurant for me, so it will be on the rotation.
    It will be interesting... Hideaway is my least favorite when it comes to pizza. IMO Midtown has MUCH better alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by city View Post
    It will be interesting... Hideaway is my least favorite when it comes to pizza. IMO Midtown has MUCH better alternatives.
    What alternatives are you thinking of in Mid-town?

So, does anyone know how much empty office space/buildings are left in Automobile Alley, and when are we going to see this area start to fill in with new buildings?

5th and Broadway could be a prime location for something new to be built. The parking garage behind has more than enough space to take the parking lot that could be developed into something mixed use and with some heighth!

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    Lots of renovation work ongoing at the NW corner of 10th/Broadway. It's a Clagg building.
    If anyone wNts to see, check out the pics I took in the 7.20.2011 pics thread

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    So, does anyone know how much empty office space/buildings are left in Automobile Alley, and when are we going to see this area start to fill in with new buildings?

5th and Broadway could be a prime location for something new to be built. The parking garage behind has more than enough space to take the parking lot that could be developed into something mixed use and with some heighth!

i am pretty sure the sandridge owns that lot as well as the lot just south on the west side of broadway

SandRidge owns the surface parking lots on the SW corner and NE corner of 5th and Broadway.

I believe the longer-term plan is to develop them as parking structures with retail on the ground floors.

It looks like they are training employees at Hideaway, been seeing them walking around with their shirts on.

Thread Information