Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WalMart Shooting

1. Default WalMart Shooting

1 Dead In Del City Shooting - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

DEL CITY, Okla. --
    One person was shot and killed in a shooting near a metro Walmart on Monday afternoon, police said.

The incident happened near a store, along an access road, located near Interstate 40 and Sooner Road in Del City.

Police said they were searching for three black males in a white Pontiac Grand Prix with Kansas plates last seen on I-40. That car was later detained, and two of the three suspects have been arrested, police said.

2. Default Re: WalMart Shooting

I drove by and saw that they were taking someone out of a parked white car that was blocking the stoplight exit. We discussed that someone had emergency health issue. Now I find here that someone got shot down in their own car.

Default Re: WalMart Shooting

I missed the news- have any more details come out about the people involved? Are they calling this a WalMart shooting because of something that happened in WalMart before the guy got killed or just because it happened near the store?

4. Default Re: WalMart Shooting

It happened in the parking lot on the exit roadway where the stoplight is. My guess that something happened inside the store (they were leaving) and the 3 thugs hunted the person down. The question is.... Is there at least one video camera pointed at that area? Stay tuned, we'll find out.

News on 9 said the police were investigating if this was related to something that happened the night before between the victim and the shooter. Arrested 2 of the 3 at a home in MWC.

6. Default Re: WalMart Shooting

Police Searching for Third Suspect in Deadly Shooting - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Police tape surrounded the scene of the shooting as shoppers were busy in the Wal-Mart parking lot just a short distance away.

By Colleen Chen, NEWS 9

DEL CITY, Oklahoma – Police are investigating a deadly shooting outside a crowded metro Wal-Mart.

Del City police say two vehicles pulled up to a parking lot around 4 p.m. near I-40 and Sooner Road. One young man was killed when he got out of his car to approach the other vehicle and the suspects opened fire.

Police tape surrounded the area as shoppers were busy in the Wal-Mart parking lot just a short distance away.

Three male suspects fled the scene in the shooter's car but were later located in Midwest City. Investigators have two of the three suspects in custody for questioning, but the third suspect is still on the loose.

Police believe the shooting was the result of something that happened Saturday.

"There was an incident that occurred in Oklahoma City on the south side that may have led to some altercation with the people involved in this shooting. That's still under investigation and not confirmed," said Del City Police Captain Jody Suit.

The victim, whose name had not been released, had multiple gunshot wounds. The victim's car had a female passenger inside who was not injured.

7. Default Re: WalMart Shooting

Chalk up another reason why I won't ever shop at that hell hole again. What a piece of $hit that place is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Chalk up another reason why I won't ever shop at that hell hole again. What a piece of $hit that place is.
    What are YOU talking about??????????????????????????????

Absolutely not a thing wrong with the walmart.
    THis shooting was gang involved and all the trash blew across the street from MW City.
    This was retaliation for a n earlier gangland shooting in OK City and the car load of shooters lived in NE MWC.
    It was just happenstance they spotted the second car and chased it into the parking lot.
    It could as easily have happened at the parking lot of Home Depot............had that happened would your comments been the same????????????/

I thought not.

9. Default Re: WalMart Shooting

That place is the "hangout" for trash. Doesn't matter what direction the wind blows. So the shooting took place in the parking lot and not inside the store. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a shooting in that dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    What are YOU talking about??????????????????????????????

Absolutely not a thing wrong with the walmart.
    THis shooting was gang involved and all the trash blew across the street from MW City.
    This was retaliation for a n earlier gangland shooting in OK City and the car load of shooters lived in NE MWC.
    It was just happenstance they spotted the second car and chased it into the parking lot.
    It could as easily have happened at the parking lot of Home Depot............had that happened would your comments been the same????????????/

I thought not.
    Honestly, there is a much much smaller chance of this happening in Home depots parking lot. From a personal perspective, the demographics between the two vary greatly.

That place is the "hangout" for trash. Doesn't matter what direction the wind blows. So the shooting took place in the parking lot and not inside the store. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a shooting in that dump.
    Agreed, that place is awful. Although, it is a great walmart if you want to contribute to peopleofwalmart.com

im surprised a gang shooting hasnt yet happened at a store by the name of,..ahem!..."TARGET"

Than by your reasoning and logic this could equally have happned at ANY walmart. even the much loved one on 23 at Douglas.....

Would that be a correct assumption of the logic your are implying?????????

Just looking for clarification of your position.

Perhaps even the Walmart in Fancy Edmond.?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_sharp View Post
    Honestly, there is a much much smaller chance of this happening in Home depots parking lot. From a personal perspective, the demographics between the two vary greatly.
    So your saying that a car load of punks wouldnt pull into the parking lot of Home Depot cause it is more upscale....
    Logic of your assertion confuses me.................

Having been to quite a few WalMarts during the Christmas shopping season, I cant fathom some of these assertions. WalMart is a general retailer, sure the patrons are likely different from those at Nichols Hills Plaza, but how are they different from those at MWC's stores on SE 29th Street or at Homeland or anywhere else in this area. Honestly, some of the other WalMart stores seem to have throngs of somewhat undesirable people loitering in front, but I've not generally experienced that at this store. And how can a group of thug lifes pulling into a parking lot be reflective of the store?

This particular WalMart is actually on of the more pleasant of any I have been into -- doesnt look warn, is always well stocked, etc. Now, they might want to look into having more people working at the checkouts during busy periods.....

Also, just because the people involved lived in Midwest City doesnt mean that all of Midwest City is full of similar ghetto trash......

and just because they were at WalMart doesnt mean that WalMart is full of this sort of crime. From these posts, you'd think that I-40 and Sooner was in the middle of inner city Detroit or something and that this WalMart store had daily drive-by shootings....

Crime can occur anywhere people are present. It is not restricted to Wal-Mart and ghetto neighborhoods.

Penn Square has had more violent crime occur than every Wal-Mart store in the city combined.

Stop turning your nose up to Wal-Mart, everybody shops there. Every person on this board has been to Wal-Mart at least once with in the last six months. 3 out of every 5 people here have been inside one within the last 30 days.

The only reason people hate Wal-Mart is because it is popular to do so. People have to hate something in their lives to feel good about themselves. If Wal-Mart was truly the hell on earth everybody claims it is, their doors would have closed a long time ago.

People love the cheap prices and they love the one stop shopping therefore they will be around forever.

17. Default Re: WalMart Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    Crime can occur anywhere people are present. It is not restricted to Wal-Mart and ghetto neighborhoods.

Penn Square has had more violent crime occur than every Wal-Mart store in the city combined.

Stop turning your nose up to Wal-Mart, everybody shops there. Every person on this board has been to Wal-Mart at least once with in the last six months. 3 out of every 5 people here have been inside one within the last 30 days.

The only reason people hate Wal-Mart is because it is popular to do so. People have to hate something in their lives to feel good about themselves. If Wal-Mart was truly the hell on earth everybody claims it is, their doors would have closed a long time ago.

People love the cheap prices and they love the one stop shopping therefore they will be around forever.
    Good Lord, get a grip. I will never go back to a walmart because they are trashy as hell. I don't give a rat's ass how low the prices are. If you want to spend your money there, go do it. No one is stopping you.

It's alot like going to restaurants. If one is trashy, has trashy people working there, and trashy people eating there, then I don't want to eat there, and will not go back. If you like it, then go for it.

18. Default Re: WalMart Shooting

No. That is wrong. The car with the 3 thugs (they detained 2) were caught in MWC. The white car in the Walmart parking lot was the one that had the person being shot at. I watched the paramedic take out the injured/dead person out of the car.

This is a good Walmart store. There isn't really any serious crime and this is the first shooting that I have ever known at this store since it opened a few years ago.

Just check out People Of Walmart

See if any of these people would show up at Target.

20. Default Re: WalMart Shooting

Honestly, 4 people, all gang members, are now off the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    Honestly, 4 people, all gang members, are now off the streets.
    Actually it is 5 as the one killed was involved as a shooter earlier in the week In OKC................at ......gasp..........not walmart

Than by your reasoning and logic this could equally have happned at ANY walmart. even the much loved one on 23 at Douglas.....

Would that be a correct assumption of the logic your are implying?????????

Just looking for clarification of your position.

Perhaps even the Walmart in Fancy Edmond.?
    it really baffles me that the one in del city is viewed as more ghetto than the one at 23rd and spencer right on the outskirts of Spencer.

I guess the DC location's supposed trash flows right off of I-40.

I shop at Wal-Mart, nothing wrong with saving money. Those who claim its trashy probably view it as a 24-hour mall (which given that OKC is losing all of its indoor malls one right after the other in favor of outdoor malls, thats not a wild assumption either)

what gets me about wal-mart compared to say, target (its chief competitor), is that wal-mart has somehow found its self attracting those individuals that just come there to loiter or do very little shopping, if no shopping at all. in contrast, target doesnt seem to have that same issue.

almost every wal-mart has a mcdonalds located inside of it, which is about the cheapest place anyone can eat at. even targets snack bar doesnt match its prices, selection, or appeal to the masses for its menu.

of course, the above stated reasons could just be guesses. its really unknown why wal-mart attracts so much trash at its stores.

23. Default Re: WalMart Shooting

@decepticobra is that to say the same about the walmart in edmond? Does it attract trash?

@redskin70 i thought 4, two arrested at first, then a third who turned himself in, and then the guy that got shot. Either way, dead or in jail, these guys, not even legal to drink, are rolling around, trying to act like hard asses, like they have something to prove, are shooting and beating each other for no damn good reason. Dead or in jail, good riddance. Damn gangs, you don't go anywhere in life in a gang. If you're only choice in life was a gang, might as well shoot your own damn self.

*/ getting off my soapbox.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post

@redskin70 i thought 4, two arrested at first, then a third who turned himself in, and then the guy that got shot. Either way, dead or in jail, these guys, not even legal to drink, are rolling around, trying to act like hard asses, like they have something to prove, are shooting and beating each other for no damn good reason. Dead or in jail, good riddance. Damn gangs, you don't go anywhere in life in a gang. If you're only choice in life was a gang, might as well shoot your own damn self.

*/ getting off my soapbox.
    Nope, 5, I posted the shootie had been involved in a shooting earlier in the week that sidelined a banger and he in turn was pay back from shooter 2 for that.

Kinda wild isnt it.
    Honestly I cant understand how a gangland shooting just happens to occur at a walmart parking lot and the conversation devolves into walmart bashing.
    Yet the same gangland killing could have occurred in the McDonald's or Home Depot parking lot and nary a word would have been said.

Bottom line, its good riddance to bad trash. The only time to get upset when these good boys gone bad shoot and kill one another is when they dont quiet :kill" one another.................

Good Lord, get a grip. I will never go back to a walmart because they are trashy as hell. I don't give a rat's ass how low the prices are. If you want to spend your money there, go do it. No one is stopping you.

It's alot like going to restaurants. If one is trashy, has trashy people working there, and trashy people eating there, then I don't want to eat there, and will not go back. If you like it, then go for it.
    hahahaha!! Must be nice to have enough money or lack of obligations that money is no object - so much nicer than most people have it.

Even my Manhattan lawyer kids shop Walmart - they know a bargain when they see it and aren't that snobby.

Thread Information