Widgets Magazine

Thread: Douglas Blvd

Default Douglas Blvd

I noticed in the past week that the houses on the west side of Douglas, on the service road, across from the Orchard have been torn down. Does anyone know if something is going in there?????

2. Default Re: Douglas Blvd

Can you elaborate a little bit more?

The Orchard, assuming the apartment complex, is in the middle of Douglas between 15th and 29th on the west side, no where near the service road. I'll drive by after work though and take a gander.

Default Re: Douglas Blvd

Yes the Apt Complex on the east side of Douglas, there is a Service road that runs along the west side of Douglas, it's below grade and there were several homes along it,

4. Default Re: Douglas Blvd

just south of pablano and the old tree nursery?

Yes

are you sure you arent just seeing the construction site that will become the oncue?

NO, On Cue is on the corner of 29th and Douglas

OnCue is going in like a 3/4 mile further south of where usmbubba is talking about.. I seen that they were tearing those house down a few weeks ago. I'm not sure anything is going in their place... probably just the city trying to clean up that area, those houses were a lil' run down.

9. Default Re: Douglas Blvd

When they get done tearing the houses down, you think they could come up to Reno and Air Depot? There is a big, brown eye sore up there that needs to be taken care of. Oh what am I talking about, the city won't go north of 15th or west of Midwest Blvd.

10. Default Re: Douglas Blvd

I noticed that a few weeks ago when the first one was taken out. I can't say that I'm sad to see them go, but it so much lower in grade than the road, I can't think of who would want to pay to prepare the land for other development. These lots are pretty big, so there's a LOT of room to build on.

I checked the assesor, and interestingly enough, they are owned by the same person. they are also still zoned residential. Last purchased in 75 and 81. So I probably wouldn't get too antsy about something happening soon.

I don't think the grade would be a problem, Everything from Rib Crib to there is below street grade. Just a thought

12. Default Re: Douglas Blvd

1 sign, Free Dirt Dump

Quote Originally Posted by usmbubba View Post
    Yes the Apt Complex on the east side of Douglas, there is a Service road that runs along the west side of Douglas, it's below grade and there were several homes along it,
    It's not really a service road...it was an access driveway to those rent houses along the west side. I would imagine the land was worth quite a bit...

Thread Information