Widgets Magazine
Page 309 of 383 FirstFirst ... 209259304305306307308309310311312313314359 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 9575

Thread: Streetcar

Default Re: Streetcar

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Wouldn’t that be better served by the operator calling a transit officer to meet the train and kick the person off instead of charging everyone a double fare? I’m sure you could make it a city ordinance that streetcar use is for an hour only, anyone on board longer than an hour must get off.
    I don't think it's been established that they'll charge you a double fare.

I'm honestly wondering, unless the car is full, if someone is not being disruptive then why do they need to be kicked off the streetcar at the "end of the line"? Maybe the intent of the rule is to let riders know that the streetcar is full at that time and they need to choose a stop. Otherwise, I don't see a problem with someone staying on the streetcar.

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    I don't think it's been established that they'll charge you a double fare.
    A single fare is good for a single boarding, so if you have to reboard your original fare is invalid. A day pass won’t matter, though.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    A single fare is good for a single boarding, so if you have to reboard your original fare is invalid. A day pass won’t matter, though.
    I know that's your assumption, but I don't think there's anything from the streetcar people that actually says this.

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    I know that's your assumption, but I don't think there's anything from the streetcar people that actually says this.

FAQ:

How much are fares and passes?
    Single trip – $1 per boarding

Can I continuously ride the OKC Streetcar?
    No. End-of-loop stops are located at Scissortail Park and Dewey. At these platforms, all passengers must exit the streetcar and reboard if needed.

Perhaps there should be some clarification.

I’ll ask for additional clarification. The statements don’t accurately depict what happens at those junctures.

In short, those statements in the real world apply to end-of-service... like 2am or if the operator needs to take a bathroom break and needs to leave the train for an extended period of time.

I don’t think that it is written very well. The $1 fare essentially gets you 2 hours of service. $3 for all day. Keep in mind that our operators are competent people and will communicate with the passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    Keep in mind that our operators are competent people and will communicate with the passengers.
    So this will be different than the A-Train/DART in Dallas. lol.

Honestly, nothing against the workers on those lines, but when prices changed recently and I asked several workers about finding certain fares on the app, none said they'd ever seen the app before. It's how probably 50% of passengers pay for their rides. Wuuuuttttt?

I’ll ask for additional clarification. The statements don’t accurately depict what happens at those junctures.

In short, those statements in the real world apply to end-of-service... like 2am or if the operator needs to take a bathroom break and needs to leave the train for an extended period of time.

I don’t think that it is written very well. The $1 fare essentially gets you 2 hours of service. $3 for all day. Keep in mind that our operators are competent people and will communicate with the passengers.
    Thanks. It just seems like a conflicting policy. I’m very excited for OKC for tomorrow (and sad I won’t see it in person on opening day). I want this system to work, and small annoyances such as having to reboard at those 2 stops will be a kink in what otherwise will be a very fine system.

Well it is written in a very “dry” way. It does give the wrong impression. Yeah we’ll miss you too! I am submitting a list of people that worked on the project as volunteers and you are on it!

Regarding the app, I saw advertisements being installed on the trains literally today by our workers. It explains how to download the Token Transit app.

I don't really blame them to have a policy like that. Otherwise, what keeps the homeless from using it as a cheap shelter. Its a tool the operators can keep in their back pocket in case they have to use it. I doubt the operator is going to kick someone off just to immediately board again if they have a legitimate destination.

The $1 fare essentially gets you 2 hours of service. $3 for all day. Keep in mind that our operators are competent people and will communicate with the passengers.
    Can I reuse the ticket if still within the 2 hours? 2 hour window would make it more likely we would use for lunch instead of driving. Also, the annual fare didn't appear to have any savings over the monthly fare. Was this intentional? I would have thought the annual would be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Can I reuse the ticket if still within the 2 hours? 2 hour window would make it more likely we would use for lunch instead of driving. Also, the annual fare didn't appear to have any savings over the monthly fare. Was this intentional? I would have thought the annual would be cheaper.
    I am assuming with all the talk of equity between buses and the streetcar, they are putting your average public transit rider in mind and thinking that many of them probably can’t afford a yearly payment. many bus riders have to pay day by day, or monthly. Therefore, any additional savings on a yearly basis would only be had by those who can afford the upfront costs and not your typical public transit rider. It’s probably for all the same reasons they don’t want to make the streetcar free, while still charging for buses, or choosing not to run the streetcar on Sundays when buses weren’t getting Sunday service yet.

It’s not a good look to promote the streetcar in ways that only benefit a smaller segment of our community and not the actual people that depend on our public transit to thrive in our city.

Apologies if this has been answered already but are pets allowed on the streetcar?

Per the FAQ that they had released, only service animals are allowed on the streetcar.

Blog Entries

Disappointed everyone today; MIA because I was to meet with family at Bricktown IHOP. We were to all ride the streetcar, decided that today's historic rollout would be too cold, crowded & crazy. Sons here from Tulsa & Pampa, TX to celebrate the opening ceremonies.

Just decided to wait until Monday; told family who will join me that breakfast at IHOP will be on me--tab & tips.

Where is the best place to park & ride besides the Gaylord Branch Downtown YMCA Parking Garage.

Street car is open

Blog Entries

MAPS3 Re: Streetcar

Streetcar rides are free today December 14 thru January 5 for the historic streetcar rollout.

https://www.oklahoman.com/hitting-th...rticle/5617688

After a rigorous safety review, two years of construction and six months of testing and training, the Oklahoma City Streetcar is set to announce, "All aboard."
    ...Transit officials prepared to accommodate 10,000 to 15,000 riders on opening day, based on averages in other cities, and up to 50,000 for the opening weekend.

Rides will be free the first three weeks.

18. Default Re: Streetcar

Here's some photos from the ribbon cutting:

Historic day! Congrats to OKC! Today is a monumental day in the continued progress of Oklahoma City.

Blog Entries

Great pics Goldfire, Thanks for sharing...

Hey congrats guys!! Big day for a city that has had a ton of them the past two decades. This will only accelerate your urban growth.

I will need to get back down there and take a ride sometime soon, been a few years since I have seen OKC!

The golden chocolate bars really get you free service for 6 months?! That is super cool!

Big day, I will be riding the streetcar tonight and tomorrow, I expect big crowd Saturday as the weather looks solid for December.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The golden chocolate bars really get you free service for 6 months?! That is super cool!

Big day, I will be riding the streetcar tonight and tomorrow, I expect big crowd Saturday as the weather looks solid for December.
    Only if you got one that had a "golden ticket" for a free early ride in it. The standard bars that didn't have a ticket are just a tasty treat and a neat trinket.

From City Place at this morning's dedication (photo from an attorney friend of mine).

Streetcars are now rolling and free through Jan. 5th.

25. Default Re: Streetcar

Streetcars on the full loop are running at almost 100% of passenger capacity. We had to let one go by because it was too full to get on. I'm hearing that the Bricktown loop is emptier. And they are running SLOOOW. People that came down just to ride the full circuit were telling me they'd been on the streetcar for over an hour.

Thread Information