Quote Originally Posted by EBAH View Post
Yeah, it's really pretty impossible to find a large block of people in okc without easy access to laundry services...
Well, you can find large areas where people cannot afford or do not have washer/dryers in house, but they typically are not the people who would be at a laundromat/bar... or have extra money to spend... or attract tons of young buisness like Plaza wants to...

Whatever goes in needs to be universally appealing. I live in that area and love plaza, but I know that I will never be part of that crowd. I am not retro enough, or artsy or whatever. Its not that I feel snubbed or anything, I just know that I don't quite fit in with everything going on so far. A good bar or restraunt, that is not too far titled to a specific crowd of people would be fantastic. Put something down there that will attract all types, not just the local artist and indie crowd.

A tea house would be cool, but honestly, what kind of mix of customers are you going to see. You probably will not be attracting new people to plaza by large amounts. A good late night diner, restraunt, bar (something similar to speakeasy, mcnellies, JJ's, etc. in that it is not to tilted to certain types of crowds) would be amazing. I know that I would spend more time in the plaza if that was the case.

Maybe the coin laundry is not the specific venue to provide this type of generic appeal, but it needs to come in somewhere. If they keep putting in artist live/work spaces, or places that are so far out there in their uniqueness (which I am not saying is a bad thing at all), it is going to become an artist only street, that most people will only walk through for an hour on live night or during the festival. Plaza should be working on bringing in places that develop foot traffic by lots of different groups all throughout the week and weekend.

Sorry that rant went on a little longer than I expected...