Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyett Petroleum 129 E. Main

Bricktown3 Boyett Petroleum 129 E. Main

TAP Architecture has submitted these preliminary plans for design review.

They show the renovation of the 2-story building including a new 3rd level glass penthouse. The building to the west (123 E. Sheridan) will be used for enclosed parking.

The occupant would be Boyett Petroleum. They are a fuel distribution company from California that recently purchased Norman-based Danielson Fuel Services.

Should be pretty slick, as this building has long been derelict and is highly visible from the Walnut Street Bridge.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 129 E. Sheridan

Wasn't there another thread for this building before? Was it candy factory or am I mixing things up?

Either way glad to see another adaptive re-use. The car parking building has already been being used for car storage from the few times I've seen the OHD open.

Blog Entries

(wish they wouldn't remove that tree though)

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Wasn't there another thread for this building before? Was it candy factory or am I mixing things up?

Either way glad to see another adaptive re-use. The car parking building has already been being used for car storage from the few times I've seen the OHD open.
    Candy Factory was for different buildings.

I’m glad something is happening to these buildings. I remember walking past this building wishing that they would add about 5-8 stories of condos, similar to Toronto. I’d also make the building next to it a Berlin style club. Man would that be fun haha

Default Re: 129 E. Main

Just over a decade ago this was going to be Allen Contracting's HQ. I believe Blair Remy was the architect...

Cool building, I looked into it before, just wish the ceilings are 2-3 feet higher. I had the same idea as Sooner.Arch, the garage would make a nice nightclub.

These properties sold to one of the principals of Boyett Petroleum last month for $1.1 million.

Nothing happening here yet:

An application for this project was just filed with design review.

They will be adding a level; the bottom level in the brick building (which is like a half basement) will be used for storage.

pretty sharp renovation/addition

They just filed for their building permit so work should be starting in the next few months.

14. Default Re: 129 E. Main

Thank goodness...I've been concerned about this building for 30 years

Work has started on this project:

Looking forward to all those bricked up windows getting opened up.

Default Re: Boyett Petroleum 129 E. Main

You smell that, folks? That is the smell of being able to breathe. Man, this building needed the air so badly. It goes from looking like a shady warehouse where you do hostage exchanges to being a place looking to be teeming with life. But I can't help but to think with the glass penthouse being added on, just how high of a load can the preconfigured base actually support? Maybe another 2 stories? Just a fun little thought that I know won't be answered, but this seems that the structure was made to be upgradable to a degree.

I looked the company up and they are out in Modesto, CA. Are they planning to enter the OKC convenience store market or do they currently supply fuel to stores here?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I looked the company up and they are out in Modesto, CA. Are they planning to enter the OKC convenience store market or do they currently supply fuel to stores here?
    See post #1. They bought a local company

21. Default Re: Boyett Petroleum 129 E. Main

I had a good visit with their CEO. Great guy. They are planning to grow here and be a part of the community. They are targeting being in the building this fall.

Really nice to see this building put to good use.

One by one, the largely abandoned buildings in the core are being renovated.

23. Default Re: Boyett Petroleum 129 E. Main

Totally. Also it is good to see the building in the hands of someone who will bring it back to life and do it right.

25. Default Re: Boyett Petroleum 129 E. Main

It had not occurred to me from the drawings, but you sure do see this thing from the Walnut Ave bridge heading down into Bricktown.

Thread Information