Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Plaza District

1. Default Re: Plaza District

Don't let PulPan see this. He'll have to change his drawers.

Default Re: Plaza District

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Here ya go, PP. have fun!

Streetmix
    that is awesome! Thanks for that; will be having some with that later on

Don't let PulPan see this. He'll have to change his drawers.
    Aaaaah, still don't think it has enough lanes

4. Default Re: Plaza District

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    How about this?
    The chainlink is a nice touch.

How about this?

Epic!

Blog Entries

Look at all that smog from the vehicle traffic... is that the plaza or Beijing?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Look at all that smog from the vehicle traffic... is that the plaza or Beijing?
    LA... Sorry pete.

How about this?

This is the city engineers dream for the BLVD

DISTRICT HOUSE | COFFEE / DELI / EVENTS

A new coffee shop in the Plaza District is having a grand opening is this Monday 6:30am-10:30pm. Hours are Mon-Sat 6:30am-10:30pm. Topeca Coffee full espresso bar, hot deli sandwiches (brkfts, lunch, & dinner), baked goods, bottled pops, and pint beers (still waiting on completion of Able Commission license but will have it soon). Expect top notch live music in the large venue area of the space.

FREE COFFEE MONDAYS: Kicks off with the return #freecoffeemonday, which is FREE drip coffee from 6:30am-10:30am every Monday morning. A great place for morning business meetings and just chill in' out with the neighborhood.

LOTS OF SEATING: The space is divided into three seating areas. Cozy couch & end table seating, cafe table four tops, and eight foot long large group seating area. The walls are covered well with local art and has great ambiance.

RENTAL SPACE: There are two areas of the space available for rent. Live music, private parties, conferences, meetings, etc. One of the rooms is cozy 25 peep occupancy with art on the walls, hd large screen projector and great audio. The other space is a large 125 seated 200 standing room with stage, full PA system, huge 10' hd projector, two 42" monitors, overhead audio, granite top bar seating and other perks.

Spread the word. twitter: districthouseokc, Facebook: districthouseokc, and website: DISTRICT HOUSE | COFFEE / DELI / EVENTS

Sorry for the shameless plug. I'm the executive director of the Plaza District's new coffee shop and thought I'd fill you guys in straight from the camel's mouth, what to expect.

Since we're playing pretend...
    If the streetcar were to be expanded to the Plaza District, I think it would be interesting to extend west along NW 10th instead of up Classen Drive.
    From NW 10th, extend a couplet north on Indiana and Blackwelder to NW 16th.
    It would serve the Plaza and Classen-Ten-Penn and likely spur development of the vacant land on the north side of 10th. Tenth would be a great street for new housing especially with a streetcar connection. As a plus, anyone second floor or higher would have excellent downtown views and the sense of living in a city.
    nt.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plaza line.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	7286

11. Default Re: Plaza District

That makes a ton of sense. 10th has the width to easily allow it, and it would actually spur MORE development in the area surrounding Plaza than one on 16th would. And let's be honest; a reinvigorated CTP would be the best way at this point to help Plaza.

12. Default Re: Plaza District

Great idea!

It could very well extend on Indiana & Blackwelder/Gatewood all the way to 23rd at OCU.

I wasn't able to attend the presentation, but the Parking Study slide show is online:

Plaza District: A Parking Blueprint | The Institute for Quality Communities

Some interesting info.

Here ya go, PP. have fun!

Streetmix
    Holy cow - that is freaking awesome. Where was this when I couldn't sleep over the last few months. . So much for getting any work done today.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Holy cow - that is freaking awesome. Where was this when I couldn't sleep over the last few months. . So much for getting any work done today.
    Streetmix is awesome. My first two: Streetmix Streetmix (Did those last August already, time flies.)

I love the 10th Street idea for extension. So much potential.

True hipsters will say they aren't hipsters. People who say they are hipsters aren't really hipsters.

Several posts were moved here:

Blair Upholstery - OKCTalk

True hipsters will say they aren't hipsters. People who say they are hipsters aren't really hipsters.
    I'm probably the least hipster person you could meet. I don't wear my great-grandfathers clothes, and I have my grandfathers work ethic. Total opposite.

Nowhere near it for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A short article by Steve with an interesting video.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/4850214?embargo=1

I assume this also includes the old TG&Y. that is a lot of space that really is a gold mine. I am not sure how the current tennant in that space stays in business. but its a huge amount of space.

This is why it's so great to see local shops and business owners doing well in OKC. They actually care about the city.

I feel like once the Plaza Discount Store is out of there or ups their game, the only other real eyesores will be the convenience store across the street and the garage across from The Mule. Then, someone wll have to start converting homes in to retail like what Urbanized brought up in post 569. Also, we will probably see more development that offshoots from 16th on to Gatewood or Blackwelder, either north or south. There is one building north of Saint's that could be converted to just about anything since it is a good size. The two houses on the north side of 16th, just east of Blackwelder would be good retail additions as well.

Thread Information