Widgets Magazine
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1279

Thread: Plaza District

1. Default Re: Plaza District

Does anyone know who is building those new, farmhouse style houses on 16th and around the Plaza?

2. Default Re: Plaza District

Does anyone know who is building this giant residence between 15th and 16th street just off of Classen? It might be in another feed, but I couldn't really find an address for this. Also, I was going to get front view shots, but my phone went on the fritz. Part of me wants to believe the home is protected by some energy wave that fried my phone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1708.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	15241

Name:	IMG_1709.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	15242

Default Re: Plaza District

It's a private home.

4. Default Re: Plaza District

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Does anyone know who is building this giant residence between 15th and 16th street just off of Classen? It might be in another feed, but I couldn't really find an address for this. Also, I was going to get front view shots, but my phone went on the fritz. Part of me wants to believe the home is protected by some energy wave that fried my phone!

Name:	IMG_1708.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	15241

Name:	IMG_1709.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	15242
    That house is so weird. it is impossible to say what street it is closest to. just kind of smack dab in the middle of the block. and huge and imposing.

It's being built by Jeff Struble, one of the main players in the Plaza District.

6. Default Re: Plaza District

-double post-

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    That house is so weird. it is impossible to say what street it is closest to. just kind of smack dab in the middle of the block. and huge and imposing.
    The entrance will have to be off of 15th. I drove by it a few weeks ago and that is the only possible way in unless something else is torn down.

Interesting. Didn't know there were two other homes proposed as part of the project. Pete, I would assume they would be built in the same aesthetic as the Strubles' home?

From the Aurora Instagram:

We have bitter sweet news; life is taking us in a new direction. This Sunday will be our last day for Aurora. We set goals at Aurora to bring you food from scratch and work with local purveyors and we have rocked it. We’d love to find someone who will take this treasure of ours and keep it going. Thank you for making us one of the best brunch locations in OKC, for playing with us in the backyard, and for being an extension of our family each and every day. You are the best part of Aurora and you are the best part of Oklahoma. Contact us at info@shinewithaurora.com for more details. ⠀

Until our next adventure,⠀
    -Team Aurora

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzMEfi2HLXp/

Blog Entries

My wife was just reading me that. Big surprise at least to us. We hadn’t been a lot since Chef Henry B left but always enjoyed it.

The people that owned it didn't have a restaurant background and had been trying to figure out what to do.

First, they were going to add dinner but scrapped that. Then, they were set to put in a bakery next door but that never came together.

It's great space, especially the back patio. Hopefully a new operator will come in.

I am surprised there still doesn't seem to be anything happening at either Aurora or the space next to it. The absence of Aurora has created an early morning dead zone in the Plaza. There is nothing really happening or activating the neighborhood now before 10 or 11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OKparallax View Post
    I am surprised there still doesn't seem to be anything happening at either Aurora or the space next to it. The absence of Aurora has created an early morning dead zone in the Plaza. There is nothing really happening or activating the neighborhood now before 10 or 11 AM.
    For some reason, several restaurant operators have passed on the old Aurora space.

I suspect they are all busy doing other things. Plus, margins on breakfast are low.

Why does no one think of doing a simple diner open late? Literally every city has something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Why does no one think of doing a simple diner open late? Literally every city has something like that.
    We have Beverly's

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    We have Beverly's
    Waffle House, Denny's, I Hop as well.

18. Default Re: Plaza District

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Perry's and Mama Lou's too..... Could we also count the truck stop diners?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Yuck, yuck, and yuck.

Yuck, yuck, and yuck.
    Add a fourth yuck for Beverly's. Perry's, however, is decent, wish we had something comparable on the north side.

The Plaza District Festival is Saturday from 11 AM - 10 PM!

Something I've been following since moving to Gatewood is the amount of multi-family projects going up around the district. it seems like the Plaza is driving most of this development, as more people want to live near this booming district. Most of the projects are in the University addition of Gatewood. There have been several new builds in the area along with some renovated buildings which were previously vacant.

Since moving to the area in 2016, i have seen several projects come online and more under construction, slowly increasing density in the area around the Plaza.

The more substantial projects include:
    Flamingo Apartments- 31 Units (Complete)
    20th and Blackwelder- 12 Units (Complete)
    19th and Blackwelder- 12 Units (Complete)
    Classen 16- 48 units (Under Construction)
    Victory Assembly of God- 18 units (Under Construction)
    Gatewood Place- 17 units (Complete)
    Loper Townhomes- 5 Units (Under Construction)
    Plaza Lofts- 14 units. (Complete)

That totals 157 new living units in less than 4 years in an area that is approximately .25 sq miles. not a ton of density, but pretty substantial for an existing north side neighborhood outside of downtown in Oklahoma City.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vL...0U&usp=sharing

Just found this interesting and wanted to share. Probably missed a few projects. Seems like good momentum for the Plaza and the surrounding neighborhoods imo.

Love to see this because it's hopefully what will keep rents affordable in OKC even as the city continues to become a more desirable place to live. I think that the Paseo, Jefferson Park, and Central Park are primed for similar development in the upcoming years as well. Some of the apartments on NW 29th street in the Paseo are in the process of undergoing a nice renovation.

Only thing I can think of is that no entrepreneur/restaurateur so far in OKC has wanted to cater to drunk people between 2 and 4 AM (which can get kind of rowdy). Yes, I love those kind of places and I think it would be a nice concept but would I want to be responsible for running it? Probably not. If somebody was up for it though I think it could be killer.

Phoenix has 5 & Diner which is exactly the kind of place you are talking about. It's excellent and I think OKC could use something like it. I'm not sure the Plaza District would be the right location, however.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Only thing I can think of is that no entrepreneur/restaurateur so far in OKC has wanted to cater to drunk people between 2 and 4 AM (which can get kind of rowdy). Yes, I love those kind of places and I think it would be a nice concept but would I want to be responsible for running it? Probably not. If somebody was up for it though I think it could be killer.

Phoenix has 5 & Diner which is exactly the kind of place you are talking about. It's excellent and I think OKC could use something like it. I'm not sure the Plaza District would be the right location, however.

Perry’s is open 24/7 and does well in all meal segments but they get packed around 2am when the bars close. Great owner and very well ran...they have a ton of regulars that keep them 0n their toes...

Give me a great mom and pop like Perry’s anytime over a place like that...

Oh and Perry’s is a mile from my business and just a few miles my home

Thread Information