Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

which apartments exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dar405301 View Post
    which apartments exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dar405301 View Post
    redskin, are you saying that the pott tribe has bought the apartments around I-40 and scott, and are planing to build something in their place?
    The Citizen Potawatomi Nation owns Logan Point they plan on demolishing the complex. There is a story in Eastward about the tribe donating the the old apartment buildings to fire departments from all over the city for training.

http://eastword.net/article/06-03-20...partments.aspx

3. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

I was told yesterday that the Sooner Road OnCue would be about seven more weeks, the Douglas Blvd one will likely open tomorrow. They have like five milkshake machines on the wall in there.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    The Citizen Potawatomi Nation owns Logan Point they plan on demolishing the complex. There is a story in Eastward about the tribe donating the the old apartment buildings to fire departments from all over the city for training.

Eastword > > Firefighters conduct drills using Del City apartments
    Well I knew the Tribe had them but didnt know they were burning them down.......

5. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

That's pretty satisfying to know that the folks that closed the place will be able to use it to their benefit like that as well. They could also do some urban combat training for the PD. Drug raid practice, pursuit, etc...that sort of thing. Then when you're done, burn the sucker down and practice putting it out.

Sounds like good practice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    Well I knew the Tribe had them but didnt know they were burning them down.......
    They won't be burning them. They'll literally be tearing them down a little at a time. We did the same thing with some apts. last year. Usually they do search and rescue training and then start cutting them up with ventilation and rescue training. Cutting holes on the roofs, floors and walls, etc.. Too many FF's being seriously injured or killed nationwide in training fires, in these type structures, to do that anymore.

Aside from the ones in question, I am thinking of the ones behind the 7-11 and the 66 Station, which are also abandoned.

Back in the day the SW corner of 29th and Sooner was a go-cart tack. Behind the track was the private neighborhood pool for Del Aire. SE was the riding stables for Tinker. The NW was always empty. The NE had a Kerr Mcgee and behind it was the Sooner Twin drive in.

Quote Originally Posted by rondvu View Post
    Back in the day the SW corner of 29th and Sooner was a go-cart tack. Behind the track was the private neighborhood pool for Del Aire. SE was the riding stables for Tinker. The NW was always empty. The NE had a Kerr Mcgee and behind it was the Sooner Twin drive in.
    your really showing your age to remember the go cart track............I had to confirm with some of my sources, your correct

Quote Originally Posted by disinfected View Post
    Aside from the ones in question, I am thinking of the ones behind the 7-11 and the 66 Station, which are also abandoned.
    great article in the Oklahoma about just that location. It was in the Friday East sectionDilapidated apartment complex draws complaints | NewsOK.com

11. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

good lord, google the guys name...

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    good lord, google the guys name...
    known the world over as a slumlord/bloodlord - wonder why no one has shut him down? Interesting articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    known the world over as a slumlord/bloodlord - wonder why no one has shut him down? Interesting articles.
    California, he was prosecuted for man slaughter for failure to maintain his properties I believe that was in an article from the Oklahoman
    He is supposedly forbidden from owning apts in California now......so Oklahoma has him

14. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

Quote Originally Posted by rondvu View Post
    Are you talking about the pool that was named Tempo? Or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    great article in the Oklahoma about just that location. It was in the Friday East sectionDilapidated apartment complex draws complaints | NewsOK.com

Funny how at the beginning of the video, you can see the other abandoned complex across the highway in one of the frames.

Well,
    I see the ON CUE has opened for business. One one been in there yet?\Gotta go try the gas

17. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

Not quite open yet. Those are the people working inside and landscaping outside. The way they parked their cars is very deceitful.

18. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Not quite open yet. Those are the people working inside and landscaping outside. The way they parked their cars is very deceitful.
    I see you're on top of current events as usual Thunder. It's open went there last night and this morning. One stop shopping for gas, ice, sodas, soft serve ice cream, corn dogs and sausage gravy from a dispenser! Okie heaven.

Joking and jabbing aside, I really hope we get more and more of these. They are run very well, have a great selection, nice restroom, drive thrus and I love the covered parking lots.

19. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

I was there yesterday, they had yellow tapes closing off the entrances...

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I see you're on top of current events as usual Thunder. It's open went there last night and this morning. One stop shopping for gas, ice, sodas, soft serve ice cream, corn dogs and sausage gravy from a dispenser! Okie heaven.

Joking and jabbing aside, I really hope we get more and more of these. They are run very well, have a great selection, nice restroom, drive thrus and I love the covered parking lots.
    Are they as clean and nice as QT's? OKC needs better, cleaner convience stores. Our QT's in the DFW area are so clean, pleasant employees and selection is great! The 7-11's in the OKC are not the greatest. Maybe OnCue will raise the bar for 7-11 or Circle K?

21. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I was there yesterday, they had yellow tapes closing off the entrances...
    Maybe they saw you coming! They were open by 5pm because I got gas and my 3rd 44oz diet soda of the day (my only vice and I can't seem to break it).

22. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Are they as clean and nice as QT's? OKC needs better, cleaner convience stores. Our QT's in the DFW area are so clean, pleasant employees and selection is great! The 7-11's in the OKC are not the greatest. Maybe OnCue will raise the bar for 7-11 or Circle K?
    I personally think they are the nicest c-store chain I've even been in. The thing 7-11 has going for it is its long standing in the community and the fact they don't take up nearly as much room as an On Cue. I'd bypass a 7-11 or local foreign owned dirty c-store to get to an On Cue. Never tried the drive through before. Anyone know if they do fountain refills in the drive through?

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Maybe they saw you coming!
    This is hilarious. They opened at 6AM on Friday.

24. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Yep, the metro area OnCue's are along the same model as QuikTrip. QT can't build in OKC because of the 7-Eleven stores. Same reason there are no 7-Eleven's in Tulsa. (The metro 7-Eleven's are not part of the National 7-Eleven group.) OnCue was genius to build their stores the way they did here in the metro area.

25. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

Just because there was a "mutual" agreement between 7-11 and QT does not mean they can not enter each other's market areas.

OnCue is better than QT, but QT has more pastries while OnCue features donuts from Krispy Kreme.

Thread Information