Widgets Magazine

Thread: Where to sit @ Civic Center Music Hall

Default Where to sit @ Civic Center Music Hall

I am thinking of suprising my wife and taking her to see "A Very Merry Pops" at the beginning of December. This will be our first time be in the Civic center music hall.

I don't want to break the bank and buy the $65 seats...what would you recommend in the middle price range?

Default Re: Where to sit @ Civic Center Music Hall

I personally dislike all of the box seats.

I like the box seats. The chairs are more comfortable than their standard seating, and the chairs are not attached so you can move over if the people next to you are being loud/taking up too much space/etc.

i agree with millie you can adjust the chairs in the box seats.... you also get unobstructed view to the stage although its from the side. Have a great time...

The Mezzanine is always a good middle of the road place to be. Try to get the first row.

When my daughter attended the school at Ballet Oklahoma she got to be in the Nutcracker and other productions. Since she was not old enough to drive herself to the Civic Center I "got" to attend a lot of dress rehearsals there so I would try out a lot of different seats. Of course you can't beat lower level about 10 rows back but those seats are expensive. I agree with Patrick that the Mezzanine on the first row is a great place to sit in the Civic Center. Of course, after a few years I never actually paid for a ticket since I had seen the Nutcracker probably 100's of times in the 8 years she was at Ballet Oklahoma. Many years I only watched from backstage which was totally fascinating to see the behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by khook View Post
    get unobstructed view to the stage although its from the side. Have a great time...
    Maybe it is my stature but the rail on top of the little wall was distracting to me and I found the chairs uncomfortable. I did like being able to move the chair although that's pretty limited.

I definitely think the Civic Center is a wonderful venue and have enjoyed every event I've attended. The renovation to me was very, very well done. Really it is an extraordinary resource for our City.

Prunepicker Guest

I've played and listened to many a gig in the Civic Center. It depends upon
    the type of music or production as to where to sit.

For musicals and orchestral concerts I like to sit in the center orchestra or
    lower center mezzanine.

For plays I want to be in the center and as close to the stage as I can get.

Do they still have rock concerts in the Civic Center? I found that it didn't
    matter where you sat unless you wanted to see the performers.

You have a great time! That sounds like a lovely outing for you and your Mrs.

Thread Information