Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ninth & Broadway

Auto Alley Ninth & Broadway

I am really happy to see that once blighted area of town restored and looking great. If you were to go to Google Maps and look at that area, you would see what it looked like a little over a year ago and how far it has come. On the OK County Assessor, Mason Realty Investors are listed as the owners of Iguana, Sarasara, 1 NW 9th St (just east of Sarasara) and several other properties. Does anyone know what the plans are for that building or their other properties?
    Last edited by Pete; 02-07-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

YES and NO. YES, Mason recently purchased all the land on 9th, East of Broadway. His plans are wide open, so there are NO plans currently. We are setting up a public meeting in the near future to take the public's ideas on what to do with the land. My biggest suggestion? Residential. I will post more details as they become finalized. I know more but am not at liberty to say just yet.

In the meantime, keep your ideas flowing for what you'd like to see...

I think a good Thai or Pho restaurant would be a fun addition to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    YES and NO. YES, Mason recently purchased all the land on 9th, East of Broadway. His plans are wide open, so there are NO plans currently. We are setting up a public meeting in the near future to take the public's ideas on what to do with the land. My biggest suggestion? Residential. I will post more details as they become finalized. I know more but am not at liberty to say just yet.

In the meantime, keep your ideas flowing for what you'd like to see...
    Personally, I would not purchase anything that close to the railroad tracks. I think it would be very interesting to see that house split up into about three offices. Two on the first floor and one open office on the second. It looks like there is a house to the east of that as well (according to the OKCA.) Is that current?

Also, did Mason purchase some Banta properties as well or are the ones that he owns just in between the larger Banta developments?

6. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

Yeah it's turning into a nice little mini-district.

Haven't heard of Mason buying any of Banta's properties. I will have to find out. All I know is about the stuff east of 9th and him willing to listen to the public. We're working on putting a forum together, will post more info in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Personally, I would not purchase anything that close to the railroad tracks. I think it would be very interesting to see that house split up into about three offices. Two on the first floor and one open office on the second. It looks like there is a house to the east of that as well (according to the OKCA.) Is that current?
    Actually a group of us is working on trying to get the city to silence the train noise. There may be some grant money to help with the cost of making the tracks safe enough to wear they can "silence" them. If you're interested in helping, PM me as we can always use more help.

Anyone up for a park?

Someone else mentioned that, but I'm not sure if he wants to give away his privately owned land he probably paid a good price for, to be a park. Maybe he could do some housing and incorporate a park into? That would be cool IMO...

11. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

What exact land does he own? I thought we were just talking about the strip on the north side of 9th there.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    What exact land does he own? I thought we were just talking about the strip on the north side of 9th there.
    Here is the link to the Oklahoma County Assessor:

http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assess...NameSearch.asp

He owns that stretch on Ninth east of Broadway and then several around 10th and Broadway.

Drove by Sarasara and Iguana on Sunday and saw the property to the east of that was basically gutted down to the studs and getting a makeover. I talked to a girl in there and she said Mason was turning that into some sort of retail. Do we know what exactly?

Mason's current plans I'm told will make it a bar/grill type place. Mason still has wide open plans for most of the block but is heavily interested in developing it all. This is becoming a cool little sub-district.

It made a huge difference to buy the area across the street and turn into parking. The same girl at Sarasara told me that he was interested in building some apartments or condos on the back of the parking lot. Heard anything about that?

I think they're putting 2 apartments above the house next door to SaraSara (the one that is going to be a bar/grill. I've mentioned doing condos/apartments for his vacant lot across the street (notice how he got the junk and debris removed). I haven't got the impression he is doing housing, I got the impression he'd rather not get involved with a housing development, but that he's not ruling it out either. I will try and ask next time I see him.

I think they're putting 2 apartments above the house next door to SaraSara (the one that is going to be a bar/grill. I've mentioned doing condos/apartments for his vacant lot across the street (notice how he got the junk and debris removed). I haven't got the impression he is doing housing, I got the impression he'd rather not get involved with a housing development, but that he's not ruling it out either. I will try and ask next time I see him.
    A single, two-bedroom apartment above that house from what I understand.

Retailer sought for renovated Oklahoma City house
    BY STEVE LACKMEYER
    Published: August 19, 2009

Developer Steve Mason is wrapping up his third renovation on NW 9 along Automobile Alley, but the house, unlike previous projects, does not yet have a tenant.

Mason, who previously renovated a garage into the Iguana Mexican Grill and a century-old home into SaraSara Cupcakes and an upstairs residence, admits he launched work on the adjoining house at 3 NW 9 as a speculative project.

See the rest of Steve's article at:

http://newsok.com/retailer-sought-fo...ad_story_title

Guess he didn't rule it out altogether! THere have been plenty of threads on this board about affordable dwelling downtown. Although only 1- hope it's a start.

The building by the tracks is going to be sushi.... the lot across the street from Sara Sara and Iguana will be new construction and house Table 10 and Seasons.

I know more but am not at liberty to say just yet.
    Really now? I'm sorry but I just want to puke every time I get on OKC Talk and see in about 5 different threads where metro has posted "I know more but am not at liberty" blah blah blah. There's a point where your alleged insider perspective is helpful and informative, and then there's a point where it's ridiculous and annoying and you're well across that line. I don't doubt that you're an insider and all that good stuff metro, but PLEASE stop smugly posting this bull**** you always say to stroke your ego on INTERNET FORUMS. It's sad and pathetic and you could contribute in much better ways I think. And by the way metro, don't think that you wrote the book on "insider" either, just "smug annoying 'insider'". Almost everybody is an insider at something.

/end rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Really now? I'm sorry but I just want to puke every time I get on OKC Talk and see in about 5 different threads where metro has posted "I know more but am not at liberty" blah blah blah. There's a point where your alleged insider perspective is helpful and informative, and then there's a point where it's ridiculous and annoying and you're well across that line. I don't doubt that you're an insider and all that good stuff metro, but PLEASE stop smugly posting this bull**** you always say to stroke your ego on INTERNET FORUMS. It's sad and pathetic and you could contribute in much better ways I think. And by the way metro, don't think that you wrote the book on "insider" either, just "smug annoying 'insider'". Almost everybody is an insider at something.

/end rant.

I have some info as to why metro does that.

I'll release that info when I am able.

(/i kid i kid)

guys... you're harping on something said nine months ago. get over it.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    guys... you're harping on something said every single day. get over it.
    Fixed it.

i understand where you're coming from. i get it. but let's not dig up old posts just to jab at other users.

-M

Thread Information