Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Devon Construction Cam

Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    I haven't been in downtown OKC in about 20 yrs.. Is that the Black Hotel on the right side of cam. image?
    Yes, that's it. It's been converted to office use and is now known as the One North Hudson building.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC74 View Post
    Ok cool - thanks OURULZ. So the space they've cleared is the tower, and the rest, where the parking deck still is, will be for the atrium, etc, correct? Any word why they didn't clear ALL of the deck before starting to dig for the tower?
    They still have not actually started digging for the tower. That is just the bottom of the old garage. They are still removing debris from the site. They are tearing down the structure in the order of importance for times sake. The primary portion was where the tower will go. While they were tearing that down, they were re-inforcing the west side of the existing garage (that is being expanded...out of view of the camera). They started tearing down the west side of the garage yesterday and are now reinforcing along the rest of the site in preparation of removing the rest of the parking deck. I spoke to one of the guys today at lunch and he stated that they expect to start on the rest of the garage (where the podium, rotunda, and lawn will go) within the next week or two. He said they have to reinforce along the street before they can tear it down.

I wonder how far they are going to have to dig down for the foundation of the tower? I remember the WTC's in NYC were 70 feet deep and each of those towers were almost 1,400 feet tall. Using that math, would they need to go down about 40 feet or four stories for this foundation?

Okay, somebody's teasing now... get the big red blob off the window please...

Someone sabotaged the cam!

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I wonder how far they are going to have to dig down for the foundation of the tower? I remember the WTC's in NYC were 70 feet deep and each of those towers were almost 1,400 feet tall. Using that math, would they need to go down about 40 feet or four stories for this foundation?
    Each development is different, depending on the circumstances of the ground beneath, and how far down it is to bedrock.

I've been told the support piers will go down apprx. 150 feet.

Anyone out there with good Photoshop skills? If so, from this camera image angle, put a rendering of Devon Tower where the construction is. That would be cool to see.

It would be neat if you could archive all of the images to make a time lapse video of the construction.

I'm thinking of going down on the parking garage and holding up a sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    Anyone out there with good Photoshop skills? If so, from this camera image angle, put a rendering of Devon Tower where the construction is. That would be cool to see.
    I'll try, but from this distance and point of view you would only see the lower floors, maybe up to 20th or so, I'm guessing?

my understanding is Devon will soon have a streaming cam from the top of the Colcord that they now own. i hear they are just waiting until things get moving along more. Glad to see someone setup a cam though. i try to walk over to the site at least once a week at lunch to see the progress. very exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    It would be neat if you could archive all of the images to make a time lapse video of the construction.
    I've made a folder at work and I'm going to do my best to save a pic everyday at, or around, 3PM. For the sake of me not knowing how to do the time lapse video, I'll be happy to email the .zip file to anybody who does!

That white van has been parked by that streetlight for at least a day now. . .

I love this!...I know this will not be happening rapidly and the excitment will wear off (a little) but. it's still very cool for me to watch this happen over time.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I've made a folder at work and I'm going to do my best to save a pic everyday at, or around, 3PM. For the sake of me not knowing how to do the time lapse video, I'll be happy to email the .zip file to anybody who does!
    If you have Windows Vista or Windows XP then you have Windows Movie Maker on your PC. It is very easy to use so you should give it a try. Just take the photos and drop them on the timeline.

MadMonk Guest

Quick test movie from 6:00am to 11:40am today.

Very cool MadMonk!!

Really shows the amount of activity.

Really neat how they rolled out that tarp for the trucks going up and down the dirt ramp.

Awesome Madmonk!

what they said!!

21. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

MadMonk, you are not mad at all ... you are GeniusMonk! That is great stuff! You know, of course, that you're now on the hook for much much more!

MadMonk Guest

You are too kind Doug. I'll continue to try my best to document as much of this historic event as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DelCamino View Post
    Yes, that's it. It's been converted to office use and is now known as the One North Hudson building.
    Thanks!!

24. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Too bad they can't get a UStream cam up for this. The latest iPhone app version works with 3G. I like amazing people at work with a live view of the Tower Bridge in London on my phone. Freaks people out.

camera appears to have quit.

Thread Information