Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OCU Nursing Expansion

Default Re: OCU plans $8.5 million extension of nursing facility

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    KA either died or was kicked off campus.
    They died. There weren't enough people rushing so the disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    They died. There weren't enough people rushing so the disbanded.
    They should have opened rush up to the public, like in Old School. I'd join, and I can probably find an old guy willing to be called Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    They should have opened rush up to the public, like in Old School. I'd join, and I can probably find an old guy willing to be called Blue.
    Sorry met, not everyone is fraternity material.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I think the law building would be a great location for theology. They've been sort of crammed in places most of their life, which is really ironic with it being a methodist school. .......we need to think about where would law go on the current campus....with the library included.

But note: in the general plan of buildings Loefler HAS to be next. I can't think of any reason why anyone on campus should get any other facilities before they find a way to replace Loefler. It's a total piece and it sucks. It's completely inadequate for what's in there and is embarassing as a representation of "the sciences" at OCU. As a CSCI major, I was always dissapointed in that building...and allergic to it as well. I sneezed for 5 minutes every time I walked in the place.
    Word is Law School is trying to move close to downtown. Science and Mathematics programs are looking to vacate Loeffler perhaps move into Sarkeys (with addition and renovation) if Law moves out. Fund raising for S&M would be required.........good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Also, they are going to be building a new fraternity row on the north side of campus (near the baseball and soccer fields) and
    I'm an OU grad and...I really can't envision OCU having a fraternity row. There'd be Lambda Chi and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by okyeah View Post
    I'm an OU grad and...I really can't envision OCU having a fraternity row. There'd be Lambda Chi and nothing else
    Kappa Sig and Lambda Chi is all they have left I think. Both are pretty small.

[Stewie voice]

So ....
    maybe a fraternity alley, hmmm?
    maybe a frat cul-de-sac?
    Just a lil' cul-de-sac, hmmm?

[/Stewie voice]

8. Default Re: OCU plans $8.5 million extension of nursing facility

Greek life just isn't important at OCU so hardly anyone joins. At OU, Greek is everything, at OCU it's nothing. The serorities aren't even allowed to have their own houses...that's why the quadrangle exists. LCA and KS are there, but LCA has historically been the only one that really stays stable. Even at that, we're not talking enough kids to fill a real stereotypical frat house. Keep in mind that this is far from the first time that a frat house has been razed at OCU. I could never keep KA and KS straight before, so that's my fault for getting them confused.

But if you go into Walker Center (not tower), you'll see a sign that tells about the old KA (or was it KS) house that they razed to build Walker. Again, it was pretty much just as crappy of a building as the one they were in last.

But speaking of Loefler here...Science and Math are fields that are hard to get general monies for support. Crap, I mean look at Walker, that building took forever to build and isn't as big as it was supposed to be because of those shortfalls in fundraising. Now that was also in the bad funraising era pre-Tom. He'll do a MUCH better job of getting it done.

But any university that uses a converted auto building from '52 as it's science and match building...yeah that's crap. I mean the professor's offices have the filled in garage doors for goodness sake.

9. Default Re: OCU plans $8.5 million extension of nursing facility

Quote Originally Posted by architect5311 View Post
    Science and Mathematics programs are looking to vacate Loeffler perhaps move into Sarkeys (with addition and renovation) if Law moves out. Fund raising for S&M would be required.........good luck.

I heard it from Pres. McD myself that they desire to put theology in Sarkeys, not science/math.

And I'll chip in on some S&M...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    I think thats a different website.{shivers not the good kind!!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    I heard it from Pres. McD myself that they desire to put theology in Sarkeys, not science/math.

Latest word is Law School will try to move downtown. If that happens Theology would move into Goldstar. Then Science and Math into Sarkeys.........All hinged on Law School moving.

Quote Originally Posted by architect5311 View Post
    Latest word is Law School will try to move downtown. If that happens Theology would move into Goldstar. Then Science and Math into Sarkeys.........All hinged on Law School moving.
    I've heard the same thing regarding Sarkey's.

And as far as the 'when' aspect of this goes, I wouldn't look for anything to happen 'til Devon moves into its new HQ.

Thread Information