Widgets Magazine
Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1762636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1795

Thread: BancFirst Tower

1. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    The best lighting on any office tower is not that fancy artistic LED's. Its the office lights being on at night, early morning, or in the evening. Shows the tower is full and active, not vacant.

What's the point of having a fancy LED lighting system when a office tower is half vacant and dark.
    To show a good face to the city and indicate to potential tenants the building is well-maintained and inviting.

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

I would almost bet that what type of LED lighting system is way down the list on the criteria for potential tenants who are looking for a new space.

3. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Agreed, that's why I say its not a money-making endeavor, so VERY low on the priority list. And if I'm a tenant, I would want to know how much of my rent is going to pay for fancy LEDs that dont contribute to the function of the building. They look nice, and i like seeing them, but someone does have to pay for it. For Devon, it's them on their own building so it's not the same conversation. But for others, selling that aesthetic may be a bit of a challenge from owner to renter.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    The Lighting, accentuates the tower's brand.
    which is not a real thing

They are teasing the signs on their socials today. I hear it’s next weekend weather permitting.

I would almost bet that what type of LED lighting system is way down the list on the criteria for potential tenants who are looking for a new space.
    If they are just looking to house employees in cubes, it probably isn't a consideration. If they are looking at their office as part of their corporate brand it is a significant consideration.

7. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    If they are just looking to house employees in cubes, it probably isn't a consideration. If they are looking at their office as part of their corporate brand it is a significant consideration.
    Really? So a corporation is going to pick building A over building B because it has LED lights on the outside? I think that's quite the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Really? So a corporation is going to pick building A over building B because it has LED lights on the outside? I think that's quite the stretch.
    Why do you think building owners put lights on their buildings? They aren't doing it for fun. Here in Jax Vystar Credit Union recently moved into downtown and the exterior illumination was a big part of their corporate branding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VyStar_Tower_t1100.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	18025

https://www.facilitiesnet.com/lighti...ays%20Laffitte.

9. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Maybe if you're putting your flag as the major tenant. But if i'm leasing out a floor for my law office, yeah that LED doesn't mean anything for me.

You guys are getting into the weeds a bit, don't ya think? At the end of the day - look at the BancFirst Tower's occupancy levels. They are up there at the top in terms of CBD occupancy. Are the lights to thank for that? No. Will they hurt it? No. The lights look good, it's a natural move when a tower is undergoing a major renovation. Not sure there is much to argue about here.

11. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Quote Originally Posted by CitySooner View Post
    You guys are getting into the weeds a bit, don't ya think? At the end of the day - look at the BancFirst Tower's occupancy levels. They are up there at the top in terms of CBD occupancy. Are the lights to thank for that? No. Will they hurt it? No. The lights look good, it's a natural move when a tower is undergoing a major renovation. Not sure there is much to argue about here.
    Agreed.

12. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Just got notice. The Crown Signs are going up this weekend.

WoooHooo

https://journalrecord.com/2023/05/19...rs-completion/

Interestingly, the article said they wanted to build a new headquarters. We probably would of had a new 20 story downtown tower by now. But this project turned out great.

https://journalrecord.com/2023/05/19...rs-completion/

Interestingly, the article said they wanted to build a new headquarters. We probably would of had a new 20 story downtown tower by now. But this project turned out great.
    Yea they wanted to build a new one but I don’t think they planned to build one downtown.
    If I remember right they bought some land up by the cowboy hall of fame but the Cotter came along and they let that piece go.

16. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

great timing on this. MUCH rather have this 36 floor downtown skyscraper refurbished and occupied (half owner occupied even) than a 5 floor complex of buildings near the Hall of Shame (jk).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Sign installation is going on right now. Sky News 9 chopper has been covering it live. It's pretty cool to watch.

Guess they nixed the plans for an extension up top ?

Blog Entries

Looks great. You've taken good pics of what this will look like on two sides. Downtown and Bricktown are looking colorful of late. Hope we can keep up the momentum. Our second tallest tower below Devon is much like a new skyscraper. Anxious to see what it will look like at night.

As Dale mentioned, there did appear to be a slight height extension in earlier renderings--maybe 5 feet. May have had more to do with the lettering and the final crown.

Thanks for the pics Pete. You have shown us the progress of BancFirst's 'Re-skin' development since it was announced in 2018 as well as many others like First National Center. Truly exciting to watch from your living room theater. Thanks again.

21. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

they may not be finished. May make sense to install the signage then add on the fascia and overhang parapet (which can be done in pieces from the roof).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    they may not be finished. May make sense to install the signage then add on the fascia and overhang parapet (which can be done in pieces from the roof).
    No, they are done apart from the 3rd floor deck.

So to do a bit of a before/after (using Pete's photos as a ref).

Name:	chase-in-skyline.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	394.7 KB 
ID:	18032

Name:	bancfirst052123h.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	18033

Name:	cotter2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	18034

Name:	bancfirst121022a.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	18035

Name:	Bt8khalIAAAzO4m.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	18036

Name:	bancfirst042623b.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	18037

Just a small reminder of what used to be and what it is now. I think the renovation is a resounding success. From the openness of the foyer, to the lighting scheme on the top of the building (Devon, please get on your ****), it looks absolutely amazing. I know the old international style will be missed by some, but I feel like this updates the skyline towards a turn for the 21st century.

The city is truly a duckling coming into it's swan-like look.

Def a homerun!!!

Hopefully they can finally take down the temporary fencing at ground level and call this project finished.

Thread Information