Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111257 ... LastLast

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

Looks like the Chase signage is starting to come down as I predicted. On the west side it is half done. Only parts of the LEDs are still lit.

I'm hoping they remove the LEDs if they don't fix them. It looks better with no illumination than it has the past six months. It has been an eyesore when trying to get a good night skyline photograph.

Since the Chase logo is coming down, does anybody know if new illumination is going up? It would be really nice if they would either restore the LED crown at the top or restore the original illumination.

3. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

nice pic
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

That's funny, I didn't even realize it was OKC pre-Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1 View Post
    That's funny, I didn't even realize it was OKC pre-Devon!
    Correct. I wish they would light up the Cotter Ranch Tower like that again.

Walked around downtown quite a bit tonight. It really does look bad with the lighting gone. My (optimistic) hope is that they wouldn't bring down the lighting and signage if they didn't have something already in mind to replace it with.

Quote Originally Posted by GoThunder View Post
    Walked around downtown quite a bit tonight. It really does look bad with the lighting gone. My (optimistic) hope is that they wouldn't bring down the lighting and signage if they didn't have something already in mind to replace it with.
    I'm hoping. It has somewhat been an eyesore all summer. Maybe they will at least fix the LED panels, many of which have been out since the spring. You would think with Thunder season coming the city would have a vested interest in making it presentable since its the second most prominent building in the skyline and will be visible in TV shots.

8. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

the red aviation beacons on top work for me, if nothing else. It would be nice if some of the floors were lit actually.

Really it is Sandridge that needs to be lit moreso than Chase/Cotter whatever it is called now.

9. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

That's a good looking photo with that crown lit. I don't ever remember FNC being that bright.

With the crown lit, it gives the building the look of a different shape at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    That's a good looking photo with that crown lit. I don't ever remember FNC being that bright.

With the crown lit, it gives the building the look of a different shape at the top.
    Yeah that's the original incandescent lighting, prior to the LED crown that was installed sometime in the 2000s when the Chase signage went up. That photo looks like it was taken sometime in the 90s, prior to the BankOne logo. It also doesn't have the Renaissance Hotel which was constructed sometime in 1998 or 1999.

Last night, the LED's were turned off which in my opinion looks better than having only a portion of them lit. I wonder if they plan to keep it dark or if they are going to do something with the illumination. The original lighting would probably require a lot more upkeep than fixing the LED crown.

11. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

As I mentioned before, I hope they leave it dark save for the aviation red beacons. Then put the Chase or whoever anchor tenant on the left indented corners (rather than center). See Continental tower for example.

To to me this would be best because it is classy, iconic, gives some lighting without being ridiculous like the led was imo, AND would not cost much to operate or maintain. Sometimes simple is best!

I personally would like to see the original illumination return - even if done in a more energy efficient manner.

Time to tear it down.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    As I mentioned before, I hope they leave it dark save for the aviation red beacons. Then put the Chase or whoever anchor tenant on the left indented corners (rather than center). See Continental tower for example.

To to me this would be best because it is classy, iconic, gives some lighting without being ridiculous like the led was imo, AND would not cost much to operate or maintain. Sometimes simple is best!
    This would work well. Sometimes simple is the best, especially if the owners don't want a lot of upkeep. However, I am not sure if the Chase logo is going back up. I had heard a long time ago that it's tied to the branch and when the new downtown branch opens, that branch will be closing and therefore the signage taken down.

I think restoring the original illumination in a more energy efficient manner (if possible) would look the best.

15. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

I assume there's been no word on a possible new branch moving in?

16. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

Maybe Bank of America could go up then? Do they already office somewhere downtown? We need a presence from the big banks IMO.

Personally, I think just the Chase logo (without the letters) in the left corners, indented; along with the aviation beacons would be a HIT.

Per the other thread on the Chase Bank, the branch will soon move out, which explains why the Chase signage has been removed.

Does anybody know what the future is for that location or possible new signage atop OKC's second most prominent skyscraper? I would imagine if another bank branch moved in, they would put their logo atop the tower.

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but there is no illuminated cross on this building this year.

The one on Sandridge Tower was turned on the day after Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't know if anyone has noticed, but there is no illuminated cross on this building this year.

The one on Sandridge Tower was turned on the day after Thanksgiving.
    I am sure it has to do with the fact they've turned out all the illumination. Last year it took a few days after Thanksgiving for them to turn the cross on, but if it doesn't appear within the next few days, I would guess its because its tied to the building lighting, which at the crown is in bad shape. Personally I am fine with only one illuminated cross. I wish a building or two in downtown would do something a little more creative for Christmas. Wouldn't it be nice to have the Sandridge Tower illuminated in red and green (instead of the white they did when they illuminated it) or if one of the buildings did a giant illuminated Christmas tree?

As for the regular tower illumination, hopefully if a new branch moves into the tower after Chase moves out, that branch will illuminate the tower with their own logo. Would be definitely nice to see the tower lit again.

The cross lights have nothing to do with the other exterior illumination. The cross is just made up of a bunch of florescent ballasts up against glass accessible to the service portions of the building.

21. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

Just an FYI, the cross is now lit up on this tower as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    Just an FYI, the cross is now lit up on this tower as well.
    Since when?

I can see it out my window and it wasn't on last night.

You were right!

They are on now... Just took this:

24. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

The horizontal pieces of the cross are in my office. They were installed last night and this morning. They are just standard industrial fluorescent light fixtures like you would hang in your garage. Fugly.

25. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

Thread Information