Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 417
  1. #176

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    But, our new lobby looks awesome.
    Very nice!

    This artwork is similar to the lobby in the new Lincoln clubhouse. I bet it's the same artist.


  2. #177

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    The horizontal pieces of the cross are in my office. They were installed last night and this morning. They are just standard industrial fluorescent light fixtures like you would hang in your garage. Fugly.
    I am sure there would be quite a few angry calls made to the building owners if they didn't put them up though. I sure wish they would fix the permanent illumination on the building.

  3. #178

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I am sure there would be quite a few angry calls made to the building owners if they didn't put them up though. I sure wish they would fix the permanent illumination on the building.
    Maybe you can organize some angry calls to the building owner.

  4. #179

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    I have aways found the cross illumination at Christmas a bit odd myself. I never look at Crosses as a symbol of Christmas more of Easter. But that's just me.

  5. #180

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I have aways found the cross illumination at Christmas a bit odd myself. I never look at Crosses as a symbol of Christmas more of Easter. But that's just me.
    Me too. I've always associated them with Easter.

  6. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    That looks fantastic! Ours is a little more humble, though we had a pretty tight budget

    Designing a $12k Office On a $2k Budget - GoldFire Studios

  7. #182

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    ^

    That is amazingly impressive!

  8. #183

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Correct. I wish they would light up the Cotter Ranch Tower like that again.
    Cotter Ranch Tower looks dead in the day time, let alone at night. It is time for it to be renovated into Class A. Redoing the facade to something modern will work wonders for the skyline & life of the building. Below is an example of what I am referring.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1024x1024.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	11910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2lbosoy.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	11911

  9. #184

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    I'm no fan of the CRT design/style, but I suspect we'd someday regret re-facading it much in the same way we regret 101 Park and some other structures being done that way... something still lost...

  10. #185

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    I also don't support re-facading it either. For better or for worse, that type of architecture represents what was considered "modern" in the 1970s and 1980s. I remember when I was very young, that type of architecture meant "big city." Many of the mistakes of the past have shown that you don't re-facade buildings just because their architecture is out of style. The exception is if you are somehow converting bad urbanism to good urbanism.

    Light the crown at night and I'll be a lot happier with it.

  11. #186

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    ^^^^

  12. #187

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    I agree. Just fix the lighting and leave the rest alone. I don't see a need to Re-Façade the building. and if you can't keep it lit how on earth do you think they would ever get a new Façade put on.

  13. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    That looks fantastic! Ours is a little more humble, though we had a pretty tight budget

    Designing a $12k Office On a $2k Budget - GoldFire Studios
    Outstanding! Just my style, too!
    The truth is never embarrassed by honest inquiry.

  14. #189

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    The exception is if you are somehow converting bad urbanism to good urbanism.
    On that note, what to do about the plaza that surrounds the building. How could/should that be fixed?

  15. #190

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    On that note, what to do about the plaza that surrounds the building. How could/should that be fixed?
    I really like the idea of creating a huge glass atrium as a pedestal to the building, one that goes all the way to the surrounding streets and incorporates retail and services on the ground floor and within.

    The plaza now is completely useless and virtually unused and causes this huge wasted space right in the middle of the CBD.

  16. #191

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    I've noticed they are painting the crown of the Cotter Ranch Tower. Tonight the aircraft warning lights are off at the top of the building so obviously they are doing something. Anybody have any ideas?

  17. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I also don't support re-facading it either. For better or for worse, that type of architecture represents what was considered "modern" in the 1970s and 1980s. I remember when I was very young, that type of architecture meant "big city." Many of the mistakes of the past have shown that you don't re-facade buildings just because their architecture is out of style. The exception is if you are somehow converting bad urbanism to good urbanism.

    Light the crown at night and I'll be a lot happier with it.
    Agree. Right now the exterior might feel a bit dated, but in another 30 years, we've got a prime (and OKCs best) example of International Style in it's truest form. It's a slice of history that we need to keep intact.

  18. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Just putting in new windows, like they did with Founder's Tower, would make a world of difference.

  19. #194

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by edcrunk View Post
    Just putting in new windows, like they did with Founder's Tower, would make a world of difference.

    Certainly made a big of difference with this project.

  20. #195

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Yeah, Founders looks brighter and more inviting with the new windows. Money well spent imo.

  21. #196

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    What's the story with the absence of lighting on this building now?

    Is it just dark because the Foghorn Leghorn guy who bought the place is too cheap to turn the lights on?

  22. #197

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Probably. Which is his right, as much as I myself don't like it.

    That said, I would be interested to know if there is an option for an entity like DowntownOKC to "reimburse" businesses for their lighting bills if they agree to keep the lights on. The BID board would probably have to vote on that expenditure, but it would be a potential central way of doing it for "qualifying buildings".

  23. #198

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    What's the story with the absence of lighting on this building now?

    Is it just dark because the Foghorn Leghorn guy who bought the place is too cheap to turn the lights on?
    Around early 2015, the LED lighting started to burn out at the top of the building and it appears they just removed it entirely instead of fixing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Probably. Which is his right, as much as I myself don't like it.

    That said, I would be interested to know if there is an option for an entity like DowntownOKC to "reimburse" businesses for their lighting bills if they agree to keep the lights on. The BID board would probably have to vote on that expenditure, but it would be a potential central way of doing it for "qualifying buildings".
    This would be an interesting idea. Do other cities have incentives like this to light their downtowns?

  24. #199

    Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

    I haven't posted anything here in a few years. But from time to time I pop in and look over stuff that interests me. I've since moved to Dallas, then to Reno, back to OKC, and finally (hopefully for good) to Dallas. Anyway, I know this is off topic but I'm wondering if anyone knows just how tall the Biltmore Hotel was that was demolished in OKC... ? I've read some stuff that said it was 26 stories but doesn't specify the building's height.

    Also, yeah... the downtown could use some lighting up to make it look more lively. I absolutely hate admitting Tulsa looks good. Ugh. Idk how. We're so much bigger and successful. It confuses me.

  25. #200

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Regency Tower for sale
    By metro in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 09:38 AM
  2. Devon Tower real possibility
    By Pete in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 05:32 PM
  3. Sandridge possible purchaser of KerrMcGee Tower
    By Patrick in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 06:11 PM
  4. Oklahoma Tower and Leadership Square Sold
    By Patrick in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 01:22 AM
  5. Regency Tower Sold
    By Patrick in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 12:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO