Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181964 ... LastLast

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

I hope the Petro Deli Remains in the lobby or somewhere because they are my favorite lunch spot for a salad

This makes me very happy. Hope it turns out great! Wonder how it would like with a new glazing and how many more millions that would cost.

This is fantastic. I love the new entrance to the UG. Looks like they plan on activating the plaza as well which is something cotter just wouldn't do. I see food trucks and tables and chairs in the renderings. The enhanced landscaping is nice too.

What kind of lighting are we looking at here? Is it just going to be the BancFirst logo? I would love to see LED strips running the length the building on all corners. Either way, I'm very excited for this!

From Steve's article: “We're hopeful,” Rainbolt said. “But at the same time, realistically, this deal is not done.”

Edit: https://newsok.com/article/5601787/b...r-cotter-tower

No real estate deal is done until it closes and as we've reported several times, closing won't happen until this fall at the earliest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tyeomans View Post
    What kind of lighting are we looking at here? Is it just going to be the BancFirst logo? I would love to see LED strips running the length the building on all corners. Either way, I'm very excited for this!
    Also from Steve's article:

"The building's rooftop, dark for the past couple of years, will be relit with a new illuminated screen-backed BancFirst logo."

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Also from Steve's article:

"The building's rooftop, dark for the past couple of years, will be relit with a new illuminated screen-backed BancFirst logo."
    That's in the plans I posted.

Blog Entries

I know, was just spelling it out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No real estate deal is done until it closes and as we've reported several times, closing won't happen until this fall at the earliest.
    So, will The lawsuit on the garage delay the due diligence and/or closing dates, or put the sale in jeopardy?

To clarify something, this will not be voted on until the DDRC meeting on 8/16.

The due diligence window for BancFirst ends at the end of the month. Which means after that time if they back out for any reason they will have to forfeit their earnest money.

In other words, this design approval will not factor into their due diligence process. Those two issues were conflated in the Oklahoman article.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So, will The lawsuit on the garage delay the due diligence and/or closing dates, or put the sale in jeopardy?
    There is no lawsuit as of now.

I don't know when the sale of the garage will close. If it does not happen before the end of the month (which seems very likely) then if litigation commences before the due diligence period ends, BancFirst would have to decide if they still wanted to proceed with that risk.

BancFirst can walk away from this deal before due diligence ends without penalty.

But if they do so after the first of the month, then they would sacrifice their earnest money.

And of course, even after due diligence a lawsuit could be filed.

I'm sure they have excellent legal representation to advise them on these matters. I doubt yesterday's press release on the possible lawsuit will cause them to reevaluate their plans.

Excellent news. I think people underestimate the impact this will have on OKC’s skyline, especially at night when it’s lit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post
    This makes me very happy. Hope it turns out great! Wonder how it would like with a new glazing and how many more millions that would cost.
    I hope not. Even though it’s a dated look, it’s important to have a mixture of architectural styles and eras reflected in your city.

Got excited until I read they are not replacing the glass on the exterior curtain wall. That is the biggest issue, too dark.

16. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

I'm so glad they are going to redo all of the landscaping around the building, it is so dismal walking into this place every day. This looks like it'll be a big improvement top to bottom! Any word on interior improvements other than the banking area?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    I'm so glad they are going to redo all of the landscaping around the building, it is so dismal walking into this place every day. This looks like it'll be a big improvement top to bottom! Any word on interior improvements other than the banking area?
    The plans describe big changes to the lobby.

I'm sure they will do all types of mechanical upgrades as well.

Remember, this is just for design review that really only pertains to the outside of the building.

Nonetheless, I am glad something is being done with this building. Looks like the southeast part of downtown is coming back to life like the mid 90's. All we now is Sandridge Tower to get full & light up white at night like old days!

19. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The plans describe big changes to the lobby.

I'm sure they will do all types of mechanical upgrades as well.

Remember, this is just for design review that really only pertains to the outside of the building.
    Oh good point, hadn't thought about that. I assume at the very least they'll fix/replace the elevators considering at least one or two are always broken down and the rest feel like they are hanging on by a thread.

I wonder if they will do anything with the patio over the lobby. I see they want to cut a hole for a skylight, but nothing else is really planned for that outdoor space. Metro Techs downtown campus occupies that floor

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I wonder if they will do anything with the patio over the lobby. I see they want to cut a hole for a skylight, but nothing else is really planned for that outdoor space. Metro Techs downtown campus occupies that floor
    The plans show a new glass guardrail all the way around which implies people will be outside on what is essentially the roof of the lobby.

I hope Hot Tamale in the tunnels stays open

23. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    I hope Hot Tamale in the tunnels stays open
    I would assume Hot Tamale, Petro Deli, and the Petroleum Club would all remain open. With the remodel of the lobby Petro Deli might get some exterior love. BancFirst employees already frequent these places.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I hope not. Even though it’s a dated look, it’s important to have a mixture of architectural styles and eras reflected in your city.
    I agree. In another 20 years, people are going to talk about how cool this building looks. In the 1970s, people thought Art Deco was ugly.

Please don't misunderstand my comments. I am so very much in favor of this moving forward. However as I was looking over the renderings I thought the "BancFirst Blue" at the top along with signage and lighting looks awesome as does the lobby and associated area with the "BancFirst Blue", new columns, glass, plaza, plantings etc. I am just concerned how the in-between will match the new. Maybe the dark glass just needs cleaning. I don't know.

Thread Information