Widgets Magazine
Page 365 of 485 FirstFirst ... 265315360361362363364365366367368369370415465 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 12120

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Would be great if someone could add this photo to Wikipedia List Of Tallest Buildings In The U.S. We will be tied at #33 tallest in the U.S. With the GE building in NYC and Chase building in Chicago. (850 ft. each)

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    Would be great if someone could add this photo to Wikipedia List Of Tallest Buildings In The U.S. We will be tied at #33 tallest in the U.S. With the GE building in NYC and Chase building in Chicago. (850 ft. each)
    It can't be done yet. It states that the list in question is for completed buildings. Soon, grasshopper.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    Devon is only 844 ft.

Is the cotton mill the cluster of white-ish looking buildings (UGLY) that are seen in the picture on page 357 to the left of the tower, south of the old Crosstown? Those need to be torn down...they look terrible while driving on the new I-40.

Yes that's it. It will be fun to see what gets put there. Hopefully a gas station and some residential facing the highway, maybe even office space fronting the boulevard. But time will tell..

Quote Originally Posted by jungmuny View Post
    Yes that's it. It will be fun to see what gets put there. Hopefully a gas station and some residential facing the highway, maybe even office space fronting the boulevard. But time will tell..
    I believe the city is wanting much higher density than a gas station and some residential.

There is a salvage yard on the other side of the highway, which would would make anything over maybe four stories on the southern part of property pretty undesirable. That's why I said a gas station but power to them.

There is a salvage yard on the other side of the highway, which would would make anything over maybe four stories on the southern part of property pretty undesirable. That's why I said a gas station but power to them
    In the C2S plans that will be gone as well.

I'm sort of a geek when it comes to what's happening downtown so it kinda surprises me when someone isn't aware of what's going on but I forget I have a rare obsession. LOL

But you would think if it is in the plans, it would have already been done, given that buying a large piece of land and demolishing it is one of the easiest things government can do compared to design, vetting, and building. But my bad!

Btw, I'm pretty sure that where a lot of the dust in Will's dust bowl Skydance video came from. That's several acres of dusty ground.

11. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I used to love the cotton mill when I was a kid. They looked like huge shiny pyramids to me.

But you would think if it is in the plans, it would have already been done, given that buying a large piece of land and demolishing it is one of the easiest things government can do compared to design, vetting, and building. But my bad!

Btw, I'm pretty sure that where a lot of the dust in Will's dust bowl Skydance video came from. That's several acres of dusty ground.
    The entire city was hazy with dust that day.

13. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Messing around downtown today and happened to have some free time and my camera with me, along with a UWA lens. Too bad it wasn't a better time of the day (light-wise) and there were no clouds.

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing them.

Looks like they are just about done with the glass on the west side.

The west crane is coming down today! Great news for the completion of the exterior!

From a distance, it looks like the west crane is coming down as we speak...I'm probably wrong, but It certainly looks like it.

Stunning photos......I like the tapering curve that starts on floor 35.

18. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing them.

Looks like they are just about done with the glass on the west side.
    It looks like crap because it's cropped so heavily, and it being such a short focal-length lens (left the big zooms at home), but here's the view anyway. Yup...Aboot done.

19. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

If I'd have brought my big cannon of a lens, I'd have been able to prove/disprove the Kit-Kat for lunch theory

20. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Was out today around 2:30pm and the construction crews have started to disasemble the tower crane on the west side of the tower.

Devon Energy Tower by AlonzoAdamsOKC, on Flickr

Devon Energy Tower by AlonzoAdamsOKC, on Flickr

Wow, thanks Alonzo.

Very exciting but also a bit sad in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Wow, thanks Alonzo.

Very exciting but also a bit sad in a way.
    I have a hole in my stomach, sincerely :-(

We may all need loss counseling once this project wraps up in a few months.

But with any luck, we'll have some new skyscrapers to obsess over in the near future.

24. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Wish I knew this in advance...Tomorrow's going to be ugly. It's too late today. Wed will be the next time I can try something.

After seeing that PS'd photo of the tower without the cranes, I'm excited they are coming down!

Thread Information