Widgets Magazine
Page 484 of 485 FirstFirst ... 384434479480481482483484485 LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

http://www.kfor.com/downtown-oklahoma-city/

Here's the live downtown cam for anybody who wants to see downtown lit up in video. Same view as the previous pics posted but in live stream video form.

I think they may be done with the demo.

I guess we'll see tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post

Here's the live downtown cam for anybody who wants to see downtown lit up in video. Same view as the previous pics posted but in live stream video form.
    Thank you for the link!! I will be watching this more than I probably should.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post

Not a fan of this cam because the image is squeezed. It looks nasty on air too. It makes the buildings look smaller. I hope they fix it some time.

I think this camera is better for the fact that it’s not squeezed.
    https://www.okcweather.com/station/o.../liveview2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    It's amazing...its almost like sometimes...if we are patient...we end up with something way nicer than we would've if the developers/building owners/companies/etc just went with the easiest or quickest fix because people were complaining...
    Oil prices help lolol.

I do agree with the sentiment. Especially considering the building is not all that old.

I will also say that LED technology by the time the building was finished was pretty close to what we have today, but at the time it was being planned/built, was still pretty young. I think of the tower we're built today, the design and implementation would be much better than what they got originally.

Was curious to know if Devon ended up signing a contract for the new LED system or if they passed on it?

Quote Originally Posted by EtanEiko View Post
    Was curious to know if Devon ended up signing a contract for the new LED system or if they passed on it?
    Don't know for certain that Devon signed the deal, but I believe that was their intention hence the demonstrations.

I'll post again if I hear any more.

9. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Drove through from Edmond the other night and it was really nice to see our Tower of Sauron appearing well-filled and well-lit. Gonna be really nice when they get those LEDs going.

sorry for the bump

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't know for certain that Devon signed the deal, but I believe that was their intention hence the demonstrations.

I'll post again if I hear any more.
    The currently installed lighting was meant to be a proof of concept. If they didn't like it they would have already started breaking down the lighting that is rigged up inside the windows. We should see additional lighting on the other faces of the building some time in the new year.

Probably a pipe dream to get things done this quickly, but it would be really nice to have this building lit up again by the time the Thunder host their first playoff game since 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Probably a pipe dream to get things done this quickly, but it would be really nice to have this building lit up again by the time the Thunder host their first playoff game since 2019.
    I was just thinking this, having a new lighting system while being featured in the playoffs and the finals would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Sad that they've had four years to get this fixed

What happened to their giant ornament? I drove through downtown a few weeks ago to see all the lights and noticed it wasn't in the front lawn. It was a great place to take photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    What happened to their giant ornament? I drove through downtown a few weeks ago to see all the lights and noticed it wasn't in the front lawn. It was a great place to take photos.
    Christmas is over, I'm sure they are removing the decorations for the season

16. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Christmas is over, I'm sure they are removing the decorations for the season
    It wasn't there before Christmas either.

They were doing full video in the triangles last night.

My understanding is that this is the final test before they sign a contract. Assuming that happens, it will take about 8 months to install.

The demo was only covering about 50% of the triangles but the fully-installed version would fill them completely. Then there would be horizontal LEDs up the entire length of the 3 indentions.

So, less ability to spell things out along the sides, but much better video capabilities at the top.

Also, the new system would be much brighter.

Building permit applications were filed yesterday for "Devon Tower Lighting Upgrade" so we should start to see some action soon.

Based on previous tests, I would expect horizontal light strips every floor up and down each of the 3 indentions. Then the 3 triangles on the top should have full video capability and unlike the demonstrations, it will completely fill them.

In addition to the multitude of problems with the original LED system, it was never very bright. That should not be a problem with the new install.

Excellent news. I am looking forward to it. We have still never seen the skyline with even First National + Devon lit up. So to have those two with Bancfirst, it is going to really feel complete.

Will really pop on those downtown shots when the Thunder are hosting the NBA playoffs then Conference Final games in April/May!

So, the LEDs with video capability won't completely fill the building-top triangles, but they will still be quite large.

And the entire system will be mounted to the inside of the glass which should make maintenance infinitely easier.

The cost listed on the building permit application is $3.5 million but that typically doesn't include such things as labor, programming, etc.

Pete, have you seen anything about the renovations at Vast? I was at the bar last week and they were saying the place is going to go through a complete remodel.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Pete, have you seen anything about the renovations at Vast? I was at the bar last week and they were saying the place is going to go through a complete remodel.
    No, I haven't seen any building permits.

Hard to believe but it's been open for over 10 years now.

I'm SO excited for these to be installed and lit up! Our Skyline is becoming quite illuminated! I was fortunate to catch a peak while walking around Scissor Tail Park in the summer, its going to be so awesome! Finally the lighting this gorgeous gem of a building deserves!

The building permit for the LED lighting was issued last week, so we should see some action on this soon.

The building permit for the LED lighting was issued last week, so we should see some action on this soon.
    Pete, any estimates on a completion date?

Thread Information