Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alley North (Old Dolese Headquarters)

Auto Alley Alley North (Old Dolese Headquarters)

https://newsok.com/article/5605756/d...tomobile-alley

Dolese is moving their HQ to the 9000 Broadway project (the mixed-use development just south of American Fidelity / old OPUBCO that will also be home to Flix Brewhouse).

The existing property will be put up for sale.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Old Dolese Headquarters

Tremendous development potential ala West End.

With the Santa Fe tracks next to the property, I hope whoever buys and develops it is farsighted enough to leave room for a transit station. It would be a nice first stop on the Edmond line.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    With the Santa Fe tracks next to the property, I hope whoever buys and develops it is farsighted enough to leave room for a transit station. It would be a nice first stop on the Edmond line.
    That would be too close to the station. If you want to get there a street car stop is 2 blocks away

I read once somewhere one of those buildings originally housed the streetcars at the time? Notice how the right arch is bricked off:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	streetcar.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	223.0 KB 
ID:	14869

Quote Originally Posted by rtz View Post
    I read once somewhere one of those buildings originally housed the streetcars at the time? Notice how the right arch is bricked off:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	streetcar.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	223.0 KB 
ID:	14869
    That is correct. I need to see if they are on the National Register

Pete, does Dolese own right up to the BNSF tracks? That would be very unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    That would be too close to the station. If you want to get there a street car stop is 2 blocks away
    I'm not sure an Edmond line would be connected to the streetcar. i would see it next to the railroad - at least while in the central part of OKC

I'm not sure an Edmond line would be connected to the streetcar. i would see it next to the railroad - at least while in the central part of OKC
    It would likely run on the BNSF track to Santa Fe station, from there you could take the streetcar.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    That is correct. I need to see if they are on the National Register
    I just checked our National Register Files and it is not a listed building.

First look at new HQ for Dolese

Dolese Bros. Co. is set to leave its sprawling long-term home just north of downtown for a new building near Britton and Broadway Extension.

Last year, the company purchased 6.2 acres adjacent to 9000 Broadway, a new mixed-used development being lead by American Fidelity and developer Randy Hogan. American Fidelity purchased the land as part of their acquistion of the former Oklahoma Publishing Company campus in 2012.

Documents show plans for a 2-story building designed by Butzer Architects, and an area to the north designated for future expansion.

For more than 100 years, Dolese has operated its concrete and construction firm from nearly 14 acres between NW 16th and 12th on the east side of Broadway.

The Oklahoman first reported the company plans to sell that property to a developer.

Just to the south, Oklahoma Contemporary is building a large new facility. On the northwest corner of Broadway and 13th, a long-vacant lot is being readied for undetermined development. And on the southwest corner of that same intersection, the now-abandoned Mercedes Benz dealership will soon be home to public accounting firm HoganTaylor and other tenants as the entire site is redeveloped.

Just last month, the streetcar started operation with a stop at 11th and Broadway.

Dolese employs over 1,000 people across the state.

I spent the 1990s a block away from their downtown land. The assistant to Mr. Dolese was a church friend and mentor to me at the time. He told me that the company did not plan to develop the lots they were still accumulating at the time. Rather, Mr. Dolese felt that a large parcel with unified ownership was better for the future of the city. Remember the late 80s to mid 90s were an era of super low real estate prices downtown (if not the entire Oklahoma-Texas area).

I'm a bit confused with the name? Is it Dolese or Dolese Bros. If it is Dolese Bros. then the logo should be updated to reflect that and a giant "S" needs to be added to the garish "BRO" on the building in the proposed drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I'm a bit confused with the name? Is it Dolese or Dolese Bros.
    They use both.

Such a nice and HUGE prime piece of real estate to be redeveloped into something better. Hopefully can get a couple of mid rises in there

I'm a bit confused with the name? Is it Dolese or Dolese Bros. If it is Dolese Bros. then the logo should be updated to reflect that and a giant "S" needs to be added to the garish "BRO" on the building in the proposed drawings.
    It's Dolese, bro.

Overthinking it.

18. Default Re: Old Dolese Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    It would likely run on the BNSF track to Santa Fe station, from there you could take the streetcar.
    l don't think you can run local commuter trains on a commercial track, can you? Wouldn't it have to run alongside the Santa Fe teacks? The SF tracks are far too busy.

l don't think you can run local commuter trains on a commercial track, can you? Wouldn't it have to run alongside the Santa Fe teacks? The SF tracks are far too busy.
    Commuter rail (Metra, TEXRail, Trinity Railway Express, etc) shares the same rails with freight - though you're right, the BNSF Red Rock Sub that cuts through OKC from north to south would very likely need capacity upgrades for freight to coexist smoothly with commuter rail. It's light rail (DART, etc) / streetcar that can't interoperate with freight rail due to FRA crashworthiness requirements.

This also coincides with Dolese closing their Downtown Edmond operations in the fall. Once demo is complete, the 3 (+/-) acres opened up will likely have a transformational effect there, too.

https://www.facebook.com/coedmond/ph...type=3&theater

Edmond property.

Photo from City of Edmond.

They are also building a new $4.3 million batch facility on Santa Fe near 122nd:

23. Default Re: Old Dolese Headquarters

The new building design reminds me of an old retro building from the 60s/70s... not really a fan of these "styles". But then again, i'm not a big fan of the CC design either. Big cement wings/fins, ages the building before it's built.

Personally, I like the style. But I am old and these were cool when I was young.

It is a cement business, so I think the wings work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Personally, I like the style. But I am old and these were cool when I was young.
    Yeah, me too. A lot of people really hate the 60s and 70s designs, and want to tear them down. I think they're cool, and in 30 years people will say how terrible it is that we tore down these gems.

Thread Information