Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 485 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Can't wait to see some higher reslolution renderings!

Especially that 8 story atrium area... I'm really interested what that's going to be. Also how it connects with the Myriad Gardens.
    6-story atrium. 54 story building, 925 ft. tower. Not sure how people are still getting the facts misconstrued. It's on Steve's blog for more info.

Hey there hipster!

3. Default Re: Devon Tower

watching this thing rise up out of a skyline that is so ingrained in my psyche is going to be amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    6-story atrium. 54 story building, 925 ft. tower. Not sure how people are still getting the facts misconstrued. It's on Steve's blog for more info.
    Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Saberman View Post
    Something I was thinking about, how far away from OKC will this be seen. Should be like a beacon for OKC.
    You can see the tops of Oklahoma Tower and Chase Tower from Hwy. 9 as it goes over the hills just SW of Norman, about 25 miles from downtown. Downtown OKC is in the river valley so you can't see the skyline well from Moore/Norman because they are also in a river valley. So from Hwy. 9 this building will be clearly visible as you look to the north. The most dramatic angle will be coming into downtown on Broadway Extension/235.

Where is a link to the pictures?

7. Default Re: Devon Tower

Can't wait to see some higher reslolution renderings!

Especially that 8 story atrium area... I'm really interested what that's going to be. Also how it connects with the Myriad Gardens.
    I'm really hoping for something similar to the atrium of the Time-Warner building in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by proud2Bsooner View Post
    Hey there hipster!

Sorry - but just because someone is building a 54 story building doesn't mean its all good news. Apparently Devon can buy off and do what they wish though...to me some of this isn't very.. "civic minded"

9. Default Re: Devon Tower

I would hold off on all this alarm, hipster. There isn't even a full article yet. There may be a replacement city garage planned. There may be some very specific plans for the parking situation yet to be announced. It's awfully premature to get upset about a parking situation that has 4 years to get resolved.

I'm guessing hipster parks there everyday?

I use to work on Bruce Road in Norman and I could see Chase Tower from our parking lot on a clear day. However, the best view I think will be from I-40 West out near the Texas state line.

12. Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Hurry, Doug, hurry!!
    Ok, I'll start with some of the renderings on the press kit CD as a start:

Rotunda Entrance

Larger image: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49...daentrance.jpg

Rotunda Entrance
    Larger image: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49...daentrance.jpg

Inside Rotunda Looking Up

Larger image: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49...iderotunda.jpg

General Layout
    Larger image: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49...erallayout.jpg

Skyline Model
    Larger image: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49...erallayout.jpg

Downtown Skyline
    Larger image: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49...06_skyline.jpg

I'm guessing hipster parks there everyday?

Yes - but a lot of other people do as well - it may be the closest parking to Devon, but it is also closes to the Oklahoma Tower, Library, Park Harvey, County Courthouse - I realize that this may not be finalized but from Steve's comments, Nichols seems quite selfish in his comments and not considerate of others that are already using these facilities.

Holy guacamole.

that's so cool!

Imagine the views from the top... Will there be an observation deck?

SouthsideSooner Guest

Absolutely spectacular.....I'm just blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I don't see anything new. Do you mean on our OKC page or is there a message board?
    Yeah its on OKC page. I got all of the facts put in and now when you click on Tall Buildings and then All Tall Buildings it is the first one. Before today is was burried on page 4 or 5 and was never seen. They don't really have a public message board.

The rotunda with the viewing ramps is very, very similar to the Reichstadt in Berlin:

And the pillars that go down into the reflecting pool are similar to the Chesapeake Boathouse.

20. Default Re: Devon Tower

Very impressive. Size matters.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

21. Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Yes - but a lot of other people do as well - it may be the closest parking to Devon, but it is also closes to the Oklahoma Tower, Library, Park Harvey, County Courthouse - I realize that this may not be finalized but from Steve's comments, Nichols seems quite selfish in his comments and not considerate of others that are already using these facilities.
    Again, I'm sure it hasn't been overlooked that people actually park in that garage. There is a plan. This isn't the first time Nichols has mentioned using the garage. He's planned to buy it all along, so the city surely has already developed a plan.

22. Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Then someone else can build a parking garage. Or, God forbid, we WALK a little.

I can't even believe this...worried about parking in what was once a completely DEAD downtown. Don't worry; there are still plenty of dead, vacant lot areas in our once-forsaken downtown. You can park there.

23. Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfever View Post
    Yeah its on OKC page. I got all of the facts put in and now when you click on Tall Buildings and then All Tall Buildings it is the first one. Before today is was burried on page 4 or 5 and was never seen. They don't really have a public message board.
    Right. When I looked, it was still buried. I'll check again.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Again, I'm sure it hasn't been overlooked that people actually park in that garage. There is a plan. This isn't the first time Nichols has mentioned using the garage. He's planned to buy it all along, so the city surely has already developed a plan.
    The City? Developed a plan? I wouldn't bet on it - that being said - to all who think I am a downer - I do think the building is beautiful - just think that they need to make sure that in the excitement over the new building, they don't forget current and nearby residents.

25. Default Re: Devon Tower

I'm sure something can be worked out in the next 4 years.

Thread Information