Widgets Magazine
Page 485 of 485 FirstFirst ... 385435480481482483484485
Results 12,101 to 12,121 of 12121

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by LRSooner View Post
    Pete, any estimates on a completion date?
    One they start, it should take about a year to finish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    One they start, it should take about a year to finish.
    Let's hope this solves the problems with Devon's LED. DT really looks nice at night with the improvements made to the
    skyscrapers lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by LRSooner View Post
    Pete, any estimates on a completion date?
    8 months or so of work

Pretty cool Thunder logo on the top of Devon last night

https://x.com/tiffanylehman92/status...59336217878642

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Devon.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	18805

Hey that is cool! Bancfirst also had a new animation last night after the game was over, it said OKC WINS!

HOLY CRAP! That is AWESOME I am so stoked to see the new light system in all its glory!

8. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

will be interesting to see if TNT/ESPN continue to ignore OKC's skyline during the games. I know we're not NY or Dallas with a huge skyline, but it'd be nice if they could broadcast current OKC skyline shots, and more than just once per game. ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Every skyline shot I’ve seen during game breaks is atleast 5 years old. Full lighting on Devon, pre BancFirst renovation, dark First National. Poor angles. I could be wrong but I imagine they are re-used videos sent in by the organization. Next year when OKC gets more nationally televised games I hope there are better shots. Best angles that show density are NW 10th in midtown facing south, Western Ave bridge over I-40 facing NE, and Robinson Ave south of Dean McGee (one of the few urban street canyons we have)

I can't believe I missed this Tuesday night. I didn't even think to look up. I will make sure to look up tonight however. Unless we lose to Dallas of course and I am hanging my head.

11. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Having been involved in multiple media shoots during the Thunder’s halcyon days circa ‘11 to ‘16, I can tell you that networks don’t invest in B-roll footage until the conference finals. No color pieces, either. Note that there are no TV trucks onsite for this round either. If we make it to the next round we will see a major upgrade in skyline pics and other B-roll. That’s when you also see other national media, for instance publications. Media descends on a city during the playoffs, sure, but not really until late rounds.

There were briefly some lightning effects behind the logo but they didn't last long and I didn't catch them. The image is only on the one triangle that faces Paycom.

13. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

^^^^^^^^^
    I noticed yesterday or the day before that they are also testing light bars on the side of the building, opposite Paycom and facing away from most downtown activity. I think it was only a story or two, maybe 15-20 stories from the ground.

Blog Entries

Pete, thanks for the awesome shots of Devon Energy Center and the downtown skyline. Thunder will need to win one in Dallas to insure more games in OKC; wouldn't be surprised to see this series go 6 or 7 games.

15. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

at the night market last night there was animations of lightning coming out of the logo. it was pretty wild

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    at the night market last night there was animations of lightning coming out of the logo. it was pretty wild
    At what point does it become a distraction, tacky, eyesore more like Times Square and Las Vegas hotel 30 story video walls or am I overthinking it?

I love the subtle lighting accents on the buildings downtown that show the architecture features at night and appreciate the orange/blue lighting schemes to support the Thunder, but from your description it sounds like they have a 50 foot led wall in the top triangle with the ability to do a lot.

^

Those triangles are more than 50 floors in the air.

You can see from my photos that if you are at ground level, the images are smaller than even the BancFirst LED bands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Pete, thanks for the awesome shots of Devon Energy Center and the downtown skyline. Thunder will need to win one in Dallas to insure more games in OKC; wouldn't be surprised to see this series go 6 or 7 games.
    They play here Wednesday regardless.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    They play here Wednesday regardless.
    Winning the first game in OKC insured that a fifth game would be played in Paycom Center.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    At what point does it become a distraction, tacky, eyesore more like Times Square and Las Vegas hotel 30 story video walls or am I overthinking it?

I love the subtle lighting accents on the buildings downtown that show the architecture features at night and appreciate the orange/blue lighting schemes to support the Thunder, but from your description it sounds like they have a 50 foot led wall in the top triangle with the ability to do a lot.
    I hope it is big and bright. I don't find anything tacky about Times Square or Las Vegas. I think they are great examples of man's imagination and technical abilities.

Besides, we need the bright signage to help us get the FAA approval for the 1907 Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I hope it is big and bright. I don't find anything tacky about Times Square or Las Vegas. I think they are great examples of man's imagination and technical abilities.

Besides, we need the bright signage to help us get the FAA approval for the 1907 Tower.
    Vegas is gawdy in a good way. Times Square is one of the most dystopian places I have ever visited in my life. NYC is one of my favorite cities on earth, Times Square burning to the ground and never being rebuilt would be an improvement. It is a tourist trap of epic proportions.

Thread Information